Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Algiers for one.

Referring to Mers el Kebir by chance?

The broad view understanding is that the French brought in some Nazi fellows to torture the Moslems. Which worked and collapsed the revolt. But word got out and world opinion flared up against France and they had to walk away from the whole thing in shame. Win the battle, lose the war.

Oh! You are refering to the Battle of Algiers. The Algerian war was fought from 1956- 63. Col Marcel Bigeard wrote the book on counter insurgency warfare. It is pure urban myth that the French employed former “Nazis" to interrogate Falaga prisoners. They were good enough without having to use Former Nazis. See “Bigeard’s crevettes".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Also read Churchill's War, by David Irving. He concurs.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Also read Churchill's War, by David Irving. He concurs.

Here’s the book that was my eyeopener on FDR

https://www.amazon.com/Allies-War-Rivalry-Churchill-Roosevelt/dp/0786709499

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
War is about killing people and breaking things.

Hitler Started it and the Allies ended it.

And no I don't believe in war crimes. Winner dictates everything.

Once Nations decide to go to WAR all bets should be off.

We'd have a lot less war if thats the way it was handled.

There is a body of research on the negative affect of atrocities in war.
Unjust atrocities tend the strengthen the enemies resolve, provide him with factual propaganda, and weaken the righteous resolve of your own side and it's allies. Many examples could be sited, Algiers for one.

Could careless. There is absolutely nothing just about war. Anything else is BS that the Oligarcy, Scholars and Military institutionalists occupy themselves with to justify their rule over a Nations Citizenry.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
PS Churchill was ready to start using Mustard Gas on German cities, till he was advised that England would get the worst of it in retaliation by the Germans if they went that way. It's in Irving's book.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
History goes to the victors.

Remember...hitler was the only cause and Merica saved the world. NEVER let history or facts get in the way. Especially since war in the east was decided in the winter of 41 and we saved Europe in 44.

I’m so glad Merica confronted the communists. Oh wait...[bleep]

Remember when Hitler declared war in France and England...oh wait...[bleep]

Remember when Hitler dropped atomic weapons twice on civilian targets...wait...oh [bleep]

Guys peel it back. Hitler was bad...Stalin was worse...WAR IS BAD

In Europe, Russia won and we got to hold the trophy.

Now the pacific...all us. We beat the japs like they owed us money and thank God above we did. The culmination of American strength and American resolve. Proud as hell

Make no mistake...war is ugly but I’m proud as hell to be an American...and I’ve studied the history beyond public school

Last edited by Quak; 11/10/19.

GOD Bless America
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
PS Churchill was ready to start using Mustard Gas on German cities, till he was advised that England would get the worst of it in retaliation by the Germans if they went that way. It's in Irving's book.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_John_Harvey

Founder

WS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well it's no doubt with the japs!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Yes, if they can’t look at a timeline and see what the first intentional bombing of civilians took place in September of 1939 then they are idiots. Do you believe that “the telegraph” is infallible? Just out curiosity what do you believe on the matter.

Hitler's alliance with Stalin was diabolical
The invasion of Poland in that context was an unjust war of aggression.
The bombing of Warsaw was criminal even though in a technical sense it was a military target.
If Hitler had only focused on recovery of German areas it may have been righteous but he did not.
Hitler was wicked and a murderer.
All of that is a given.

Nonetheless, Churchill was a blundering drunk and the Brits lost everything in their hubris by promising unqualified support of Poland prior to the 1939 invasion by Hitler. Pat Buchannan asserts it was a foolish transaction resulting in the total demise of the British Empire and the communist tyranny of Poland for another 50 years.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who gives a fûck?

It's deer season!!

That sums it up nicely

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who gives a fûck?

It's deer season!!

That sums it up nicely

And pigs must die!!!!

Founder

WS

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Others maintain that it was ghastly, but Hitler started it so needed to be answered in a language he understood. Unfortunately, records show that the first intentional “area bombing” of civilians in the Second World War took place at Monchengladbach on 11 May 1940 at Churchill’s orders (the day after he dramatically became prime minister), and four months before the Luftwaffe began its Blitz of British cities.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history...ficance.-Why-did-we-burn-its-people.html

Monchengladbach was bombed to destroy the rail yard there, in order to delay the Nazi advance into Belgium. It was definitely a military target.

Incidentally only four civilians were killed.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
So civilians were targeted for bombing by the Germans before May of 1940. “The invasion of Poland in that context was an unjust war.” In any context it was unjust. Recovery of what German areas. East Prussia was part of Germany. If you are referring to Gdańsk )the Danzig corridor) it was as much part of Poland as Warsaw, part of the creation of Poland after World War 1, just like Czechoslovakia or the break up of the AustroHungarian Empire. I am familiar with Pat Buchanan’s opinion regarding the start of World War 2 and I do not agree with him and I think that he is very wrong. Hitler’s motives for war were not to recapture lost German territory but to provide “living space in the East.” It was about conquest, subjugation and extermination. Does Pat Buchanan think that if the west had not supported Poland it wouldn’t have fallen under 50 years of communist oppression? Would extermination under German occupation been preferable?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
To the idiots that actually believe something that stupid, you may want to check your World War 2 timeline as to when the Germans started bombing civilians. It happened in September of 1939 during the invasion of Poland, take a look at what Warsaw looked like in October of that year.

So the Telegraph is a bunch of idiots?

idiots/morons/historical revisionists...

Tell me the difference

Your article wouldn't load for me just now. I'll try it later

The Brits were not the first to bomb civilians in that European conflict

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hitler had already invaded Poland, Norway, and Denmark. He'd shown what he was capable of. You'd better thwart a snake before it strikes.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh, no no NO. Hitler was a good guy, and was backed into a corner by the rest of the world---particularly the Joos. Really.
*sarcasm off*

This crap is nauseating.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Hitler had already invaded Poland, Norway, and Denmark. He'd shown what he was capable of. You'd better thwart a snake before it strikes.

Also, Hitler had ordered the Luftwaffe to strafe French civilians fleeing the battle areas on foot on the roads. The purpose of this, according to the Nazis, was to create terror.

As for Dresden, it was a major rail center. The Red Army was about 120 miles to the East and advancing, and destroying the center of Dresden would prevent German troops from retreating through the city to avoid capture. Implying that the bombing ws a "war crime" is a myth made up by the neo-Nazis (in which category I place Robert White and TRH, BTW) in order to minimize the Holocaust by implying that our side did it too. According to a German commission early in this century, between 18,000 and 25,000 were killed and most of them were civilians. Was it justified?

That's like asking if Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified. Maybe or maybe not. But one thing is certain. You can take a stroll along the quay at Pearl on a Sunday morning without being burned to death by Japanese airplanes, can't you.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Anyone remember Guernica?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Oh, no no NO. Hitler was a good guy, and was backed into a corner by the rest of the world---particularly the Joos. Really.
*sarcasm off*

This crap is nauseating.

Yes but I read a book called Gosh..The Nazi's were Nice!

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 33 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.