Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My SA 300 wsm had feeding problems. It's a predator action so it's cut for a wyatts. The regular wyatts sucked so after much dunking with it I bought the wyatts that is set to center feed. I think it's the one they recommend for a 284 on a SA.

I only get 2 down now but feeding is flawless. It pretty much ignores the actions feed lips. I'm ok with one in the pipe and two down. I also had to nip the corner of the m16 extractor to keep the cases from bouncing off the windage turret and back into the magazine.

It was frustrating to pay up for a custom action and have to iron the simple things out but in the end the rifle performs great and became a favorite. Most of my game the last 5 or 6 years have fell to it.

I'm not sure if wyatts makes a center feed box for a LA but if they do I'd try it.

Bb

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
M5 configuration generally cures all feeding woes. Which mag box and follower are you using for the BDL setup? If you aren’t using one of the windowed ultra mag boxes be it Remmy or Wyatt I’d start there.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BeardHunter
M5 configuration generally cures all feeding woes. Which mag box and follower are you using for the BDL setup? If you aren’t using one of the windowed ultra mag boxes be it Remmy or Wyatt I’d start there.

Ended up using a LA Mag follower and and ultra mag, windowed magazine. Still had to position rounds on the follower slightly ahead of the back of the magazine. That pretty much cured the feeding issues. Still wasn't real happy with the smaller loading port on the Bighorn action, so I dropped it in a Grayboe Terrain with a Grayboe std length (3.715') M5 DBM and 300WM Accurate Mag. Absolutely NO feeding issues with the M5 DBM.

I'm already toying with the idea of building another. If I do, I'm probably going to go with a Defiance Deviant Hunter SA Mag cut for the Wyatt's extended magazine. The Wyatt's gives an extra .100" of length, and the Deviant Hunter has a much more open loading port.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by BeardHunter

Ended up using a LA Mag follower and and ultra mag, windowed magazine. Still had to position rounds on the follower slightly ahead of the back of the magazine. That pretty much cured the feeding issues. Still wasn't real happy with the smaller loading port on the Bighorn action, so I dropped it in a Grayboe Terrain with a Grayboe std length (3.715') M5 DBM and 300WM Accurate Mag. Absolutely NO feeding issues with the M5 DBM.

I'm already toying with the idea of building another. If I do, I'm probably going to go with a Defiance Deviant Hunter SA Mag cut for the Wyatt's extended magazine. The Wyatt's gives an extra .100" of length, and the Deviant Hunter has a much more open loading port.

I'd personally skip the wyatts and get the Deviant in the XM length and use the Defiance XM bottom metal!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1OntarioJim, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,940
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.