Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/11/us/bart-san-francisco-man-detained-sandwich/index.html

CNN)A police officer detained and cited a man eating a sandwich on a San Francisco train platform, a confrontation captured on a viral video.
In the video posted on social media, the Bay Area Rapid Transit policeman told the man, later identified as Steve Foster, that eating on the platform is against state law. The officer keeps his hand on Foster's backpack while Foster angrily addresses the camera and the officer.
Foster insisted he was doing nothing wrong and refused to give his name. The November 4 incident escalated and Foster was handcuffed when a second officer arrived at the train platform.
"I'm definitely upset, mad, a little frustrated, angry about it," Foster told CNN affiliate KGO.

BART spokesperson Alicia Trost said Monday that an officer issued a citation to Foster but did not arrest him. "The court will determine level of fine he should pay," she said.
BART General Manager Bob Powers issued a statement in which he said he was disappointed how the situation unfolded and apologized to Foster, riders, employees and others who "have had an emotional reaction to the video."
"Eating in the paid area is banned and there are multiple signs inside every station saying as much," the statement said. "As a transportation system our concern with eating is related to the cleanliness of our stations and system. This was not the case in the incident at Pleasant Hill station on Monday. "
"The officer asked the rider not to eat while passing by on another call," the statement continued. "It should have ended there, but it didn't. When the officer walked by again and still saw him eating, he moved forward with the process of issuing him a citation. The individual refused to provide identification, cursed at and made homophobic slurs at the officer who remained calm through out the entire engagement.
"The officer was doing his job but context is key," Powers said in a statement.
BART's independent police auditor is carrying out an investigation, Powers said.

Several BART riders upset with the incident held an "eat-in" on the platform in protest.
"I hope they start focusing on stuff that actually matters like people shooting up dope, hopping the BART, people getting stabbed," Foster told KGO.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just the latest installment of the insanity that is California.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like denver.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Public dedicating! Gross!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dedicating freely, no less!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Makes sense don't let em eat and they won't chit so much

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Damn,just damn...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You are going to jail for eating" a sandwich on his way to work..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just don't let officer McCormick catch ya eating a sammich on the train platform,,,,

San Francisco's new DA pledges not to prosecute public urination, other quality-of-life-crimes

San Francisco's newly elected district attorney has promised not to prosecute public urination and other quality-of-life crimes that have plagued the lucrative Bay Area amid a crippling homelessness crisis affecting urban communities across California.

In response to an American Civil Liberties Union questionnaire reported by The San Francisco Chronicle last month, Chesa Boudin said such crimes should not be prosecuted.

"We will not prosecute cases involving quality-of-life crimes," he said. "Crimes such as public camping, offering or soliciting sex, public urination, blocking a sidewalk, etc., should not and will not be prosecuted. Many of these crimes are still being prosecuted; we have a long way to go to decriminalize poverty and homelessness.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sa...c-urination-other-quality-of-life-crimes

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It’s ok to cshit outside, but not eat. Unbelievable

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They aren't allowed to follow federal law as to immigration policy, but they want to arrest a guy for eating in public.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Modern day Soddom and Gamorah out their.
Let the decent people get the fugg outta that place.
And let a 10.7 earthquake drop that place into the Pacific Ocean.

What the fugg does the place put out of value for the rest of the nation anyways beside having a catchy 1970,s and 80,s commercial/ jingle for Rice a Roni?????

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only 10.7? I vote for 18.0. At least

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't almost all municipalities have laws banning eating, drinking, and smoking on public transportation?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Don't almost all municipalities have laws banning eating, drinking, and smoking on public transportation?

don't mean those laws are right!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerstalker

he was only on the platform, but wow! "on his way to WORK!!" man, let 'em eat on their way to work, I say.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That cop probably goes home at night thinking he's made the world just a little better place to live.

Busted a dude eatin a sammich in a public place. Outstanding!

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
San Francisco's decent into the Third World.

I was criticized for writing that the San Fran will continue down this absurd path and will end up looking like Tijuana (or worse) with pockets of lavishly expensive homes protected by walls, security, and barbed wire. Nothing will change that path until they have a natural disaster (think BIG earthquake) and have to rebuild like after 1904. Just a prediction, not a wish.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deerstalker

True, but they are in place for a reason, kind of like leash laws for dogs, If your dog''s off leash and not bothering anyone/anything, no problem. But some knucklehead dog owners can't seem to grasp that so we have leash laws for nuisance dogs and their owners.

Same with eating and drinking on public transportation, if it's anything goes, some knuckleheads will abuse the priveilege, trash the place, spill sodas on the seats and what not.

And I don't know about you but if I'm eating on public transportation and I get a verbal warning from a transit cop to stop, I'm gonna stop. I may not like it, but I'm gonna stop, not make a scene.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,497
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.