J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Tom264
I rarely shoot past 35 yds and as a matter of fact I can most of my critters have been shot between 25-30 yds.
Standing still....,
I don’t take running shots nor do I take a shot at walking animals.
They must be standing still or they get a pass.
Like I said my arrows with hypodermics almost always blow through.
I aim for lungs only.
I like the red carpet blood trails I get with them.
Call me names or whatever I don’t care, it works for me.

When did i call you a name, Tom. I said you were a better hunter than me. I dont hunt well enough to be able to pass on less than perfect opportunity. You hunt well enough to be able to take the dreamed of shots.

Tell MOG im a little good but if i could afford the arrows i would be real good..
He wants to parse words. If i didnt know better id think he were jealous or possibly even a dimocrap. grin

Dimocrap? You're the one that changes his story to suit the narrative.

Pardon me MOGC, I should have explained the obvious to you. I'm kinda good but I'm not real good, like Tim Wells. Sheesh. Sorry I started the thread. I didnt really set out to get under your skin.

No wonder there are so many lurkers and so few thread posters. Instead of trying to learn from others experiences there are always those with sensitive toes.

Good night and good luck on your future hunts.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Tom264
But he blames it on the mechanical broadheads.....

I killed a lot of deer and one herd bull elk with the little Rocket expandables. In fact, one year I got 3 10 pt whitetails with them. But after seeing two Pros on TV have their arrows pulled down by weeds/grass/tall flowers and passing on a 4x4 raghorn due to high marsh flowers covering him i got the message.

I also do not shoot through weeds/grass/branches/leaves or flowers......it increases my odds of an arrow getting to its intended target.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,948
Posts18,499,003
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.