Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Birdy....you describe why most people in Texas are medicated or see a shrink.

Self-medicated maybe.... about like everywhere else....

Ain't met anyone seeing a shrink that I can immediately recall.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mike, being a child of divorce, I have to say, you are full of shiit. My parents divorce was way better than the toxic marriage. (I was 15 at the time my brother 11)

I'll give you credit for the damage a divorce/breakup MAY do to young kids, but when kids are older, they adapt pretty well. I know people who get along better divorced than married. Just because kids are involved, doesn't mean they are going to be scarred for life. Many times the kids are scarred because the parents DIDN'T separate. Every situation is different, and every situation has some similar aspects. But, to say kids will be ireperably damaged just because of a divorce is totally false.
And just because two people divorce, doesn't mean they aren't or won't live up to their obligations. If they don't take care their obligations when they divorce, I don't think it would be a stretch say they weren't taking care of it while they were married.
Divorce doesn't have to be the end for all parties, it can sometimes be the beginning.

JMO

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by victoro
Very beautiful woman but be careful. My last wife who was really hot and 13 years younger than me seemed perfect while we were dating but changed into a completely different person literally right after we got married. I was able to tolerate her for 4 years because I became good friends with some members of her family. She was like a marriage vaccine, she cured me of ever wanting to get married again.

So, you've met my ex-wife? lol.

i made it 5.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nice post Clyde.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
20 yrs

Too much; maybe not now, will be later.

Reconsider.

MM

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I had a medical doctor friend who got rid of his wife and married a mexican honey from El Paso. She was 20 years younger than him.
By the way, she was beautiful and in a very short few years he was about ready to play Russian Roulette with 5 rounds in the revolver. I find young Latina ladies very nice to look at, but.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nice post Clyde.

Thanks Jim.

No absolutes in anything. Divorce especially....

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Splitting up with my ex wife was the best thing I ever did. My kids didn't agree at first. But now they see how things happened they are grateful we did.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
20 yrs

Reconsider.

MM

only planning on lunch, hell she might crazy or high maintenance.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OK guys, this ain't aimed at anyone in particular....

So we should change the marriage vows, no reason to set anyone up to break them.

First off, we gotta take God out of the equation, so any vows made before Him won't be broken.

DEFINITELY throw out "for better, for worse" as that can be interpreted any number of ways, especially with regards to personal happiness.

Likewise, toss out that "forsaking all others" crapola. I mean it is often stated divorce rarely occurs in the absence of an available option, most usually for one party. This has been expressed here as a monkey doesn't let go of the old branch until it has hold of a new one. In light of that undeniable reality, how about "forsaking all others until I meet someone I like better".

Might as well throw out "for richer, for poorer" too. I mean dividing up the riches is generally a contentious part of a divorce. Instead of that we need to require a pre-nup going in to avoid unanticipated conflict. We need to decide ahead of time about who gets what.

I'm pretty sure there's any number of God-free civil "marriage" ceremonies out there. And of course, if we're gonna throw God out, might as well stop objecting to the whole gender-specific thing, the multiple spouses thing and the exclusion of animals.

No worries, kids wiil never-ever learn divorce from their parents' example (most often ONE parent's example)..

Its not like they will avoid marriage altogether either.

Doesn't matter even if they do, kids adjust to single parents too.

Hey, this thread could make me more popular even than that dead cat thread......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
20 yrs

Reconsider.

MM

only planning on lunch, hell she might crazy or high maintenance.

Rog, the only way this is ever gonna work is if you've already gone through with the divorce, and are set up on your own, wherever that is.

I would suggest a small and simple house on a piece of property somewhere.

Getting there could turn out to be hellacious beyond your worst expectations, especially when the other party finds out you're really going through with this.

FWIW I didn't fight about anything material, just took the hit, which is why I'm so broke grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
god bless mexican women...

I trust He's blessed you with a fine one. Congrats!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I heard a comedian suggest that marriages should be three-year contracts, with options to renew.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyways, now that I'm single I'm gonna start wearing a bracelet in case I meet any women.....

WWRD? grin

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Life Alert?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Anyways, now that I'm single I'm gonna start wearing a bracelet in case I meet any women.....

WWRD? grin

Life Alert?

Dang big Jim!

That’s funny, i don’t care who you are....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Life Alert?

LOL

"Help, I'm brokeass and I can't shut up!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

WWRD? grin

Just show them your house and explain your lifestyle. That should filter out any weak candidates. Unless they have seen your enormous schlong and heard your Tarzan tales of life in darkest africa, that will fetch the high achievers.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 11/22/19.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Life Alert?

LOL

"Help, I'm brokeass and I can't shut up!

Naah, it’s like riding a bicycle.....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Women meet Birdy, they jump to the conclusion that he's just ugly.

But after they get ta know him, they realize their first impression was wrong.

They figure out he's ugly *and* broke.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.