-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We almost got hacked up by a hatchet murderer at the end of dirt road.

It was then; that I learned I could sell $10,000 roofing jobs to poor people.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I met mine at work. I look across the room and boom, that was it. I remember out first date. We went to see 2001, a Space Odyssey. It didn't take long before it got serious. My family thought I was out of my mind marrying a woman with three kids. Big mistake they said, and I'd be sorry. Well we were together for 52 years, married for the last 50. She passed just four months before out 50th anniversary. One of our kids asked me if I'd look for someone again and all I could say is once you've found perfection, all others fall short.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Darryle
My first wife was a huge f'n mistake, miserable whore.

It takes a Carter to get a Reagan.

The girlfriend I have now is 22yrs younger than me, loves to hunt and fish, works her ever loving ass off, building fence, cutting brush to clear out for the fence, working full time and raising her two kiddos. I don't know where it's headed, but its been a ton of fun hanging out with her.

Go Darryle!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I enjoyed the dating.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I met mine at work. I look across the room and boom, that was it. I remember out first date. We went to see 2001, a Space Odyssey. It didn't take long before it got serious. My family thought I was out of my mind marrying a woman with three kids. Big mistake they said, and I'd be sorry. Well we were together for 52 years, married for the last 50. She passed just four months before out 50th anniversary. One of our kids asked me if I'd look for someone again and all I could say is once you've found perfection, all others fall short.
Paul B.

That’s a beautiful picture right there sir; yet so bittersweet.

You’re in my prayers that has to be a difficult loss to live in.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I first asked my wife out while she was folding panties in the women's lingerie department of the Mervyn's store we both worked at while going to college.

I was a floorwalker busting shoplifters while playing football for the college we both attended. She was a violinist and music major.

We dated off and on for a few years before tying the knot.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine walked into Ichthyology class in a pair of skin tight spandex jogging pants, took a seat a few rows in front of me. Long hair down to her waist. Needless to say, I was intrigued. wink

Had fish labs with her along with some other classes. Study groups too.

By that point in life I had a "list" of some things I wanted in a woman. Like earns her own way, had to like dogs and the outdoors etc. She and I both "dated" others before we got together.

Early dates involved taking my 14-15 year old dog to the beach. Somehow I talked her into joining me on a camping/scuba trip with my class, she had already graduated and moved back to civilization to work, but came up to camp. She conveniently left the poles to her one person tent at home and reluctantly agreed to sleep in my tent..................in separate sleeping bags. Guaranteed, nylon fabric and down filling DO NOT conceal much in the way of a man's "intentions", she definitely knew what was up (pun intended). shocked

Found out after we had started dating that she was the gal in the picture in the Student Union recreation catalog that taught Belly Dance. (Shakira's hip shakin' has nothing over my wife's) cool

Eventually, she moved back to go to grad school and moved in with me . Been together since, mostly. Rough patch once where she took a job away, I can be a bit of an a-hole and had some more growing up to do. I think our living and working in different locations over the years has a lot to do with our being able to stay together. Hard to get into big fights when you're on the phone for a whole 15 minutes a day. Least it was for us.

How long? Look for another thread in a few minutes.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Which one?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slow morning for me, probably slow brained as well to post on this thread! grin

Met my wife in college. She bought me at a Sadie Hawkins slave auction, with a date at the end of the day. We doubled with a friend from Montana who had a pristine 38 (?) Buick straight 8 with suicide doors.

Next un-date was an impromptu beach trip with another pair of friends. She sat on a stone wall extending into the low surf, and the next morning in a class we had together I sketched her as I recalled her sitting on that wall, kind of wistful, from behind looking out to sea. She loved it, still has it. I think that secured the deal. After a big banquet one night later that year, my roommate and I split the cost to charter a Beechcraft Bonanza flight with our dates over the lights of Los Angeles, out to Catalina Island, etc. Skipped meals to cover the cost...

Her Dad suspected something serious so he invited me to come bow hunt for deer with him between Christmas and New Year in our home state of Washington. We both got deer, my first with a bow, and apparently I passed the family review.

FWIW, when a young man spoke of marriage to my daughter, (a line dancing, outgoing career gal who was working for a Senator in DC at the time) she told him to go out west, meet her father and her brothers and then talk to her of marriage.

Wife and I have been married 51 years, only regret is maybe to have married her sooner, cherished her better the whole 50 years..

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
That ring set were about $380 1967 dollars.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by auk1124
When we first got married I had a hundred dollars to my name. Years later, I now have a hundred and fifty. So we've moved up in the world.

You did excellent ! grin

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I think for a marriage to work, the spouse has to be a good friend also. Mine does a lot for me, would wait on me night and day if I would let her. I try to do things for her too. She doesn’t like cleaning the bathrooms, so I do that. That hour every four days is time very well spent!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a blast, bars stayed open till 5 am here in those days !

Have done the vampire crawl many a time to our rig in those days.

Concerts ? Yep

Hawaii together fantastic !

Plenty of money though we worked a lot.

It was some of the best times of my life ! She’d do damn near anything I asked.

Now there’s hardly anything I wouldn’t do should she ask. But she doesn’t ask for much. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some of the best times of my life. Until we had kids.

And then things got even better.

Should have treated her like the jewel she is every minute, but I didn’t 😔

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I worked at arizona bank in prescott, she worked at the beneficial finance office across the street. we both had to walk up to the post office in the morning to get the mail. So we started doing that. I finally asked her to lunch at the pine cone inn in prescott, she was wearing a red dress with white poka dots. I knew within fifteen minutes i was in trouble. fast forward a couple of years i was suppose to meet her after work to go up on whiskey row. I forgot about that when the sheriff came in the bank and wanted to know if i wanted to go inspect storm damage, a couple of bridges had washed out on the black canyon, and i was a deputy at the time. Forgot about that date. She was panicky when she came in the bank and found out what i was doing. About ten that night i rolled up to the entrance to Matt's saloon, i could see her sitting in the back. One of her cowchicky friends intercepted me at the door, and said i wasn't treating her right, when was i going to sh*t or get off the pot. So.... i went back and purposed to her, married on our lunch hour couple weeks later. over 40 years now. We did a lot of rodeo's and jaycee stuff at the time. Prescott didn't have a fine arts theater.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/23/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife lived 1100 miles away when we started dating. I was working nights in a factory where a short week was 48 to 52 hours.

I got off work at 3AM Saturday morning and had to be back at 4:30 Monday afternoon.

Many times I'd be at the airport to catch the first flight to Boston at around 7AM on a Saturday. Depending on the flight schedule, I'd arrive in Boston around noon or maybe a bit later. We'd have about 36 hours together before I had to catch a flight back home. Not much of it was devoted to sleep. She was working also,...but she would fly down to see me on a similar time frame.

Those were some hectic, yet very fun times. But after a while, I told her that she should just stay here,..which she agreed to. There was a bit of shuffling required, of course. But a couple of weeks later I flew up to get her and she's been here ever since.

That was one of the more interesting periods in my life. I was 42 and she was 36.

We celebrated our 20th anniversary this year.

C
C
Hello everyone

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I dated my wife for 5 years before we got engaged. We’ve been married over 15 years. I enjoyed my single days but married life is good too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Army buddy's sister came to visit after graduating college, went home to get married 6 months later.

First date was stock car races, shows and libraries and cheap dinner dates after that.

Pretty sure she was the right one when she showed a preference for my beater '56 Chevy pickup over my year old '72 Camaro.

46 years later it turns out I was right, her head is on straight. Except maybe for her choice in men...

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Got hammered at a NYE party, asked some little thing out.
Met her at a fast food place, talked for a bit.
Went shining deer after (legal if no weapons in vehicle).
Her grandpa hunted so was no big deal.

Took her shooting, groundhog hunting in the summer.
Liked fishing better.

Ended up being as psycho as any other gal I've known.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The wife and I dated the old fashioned way, I knocked her out with a club and dragged her back to my cave.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,808
Posts18,477,541
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.