Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
my wife does not hunt, fish, camp or hike. Her idea of roughing it is to stay in the Holiday Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. smile

Latte or cocoa?

BLess that little girl's heart. lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have said my wife will fish, if she wanted to take up hunting, she'd be great at it. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mine likes to fish more then hunt. Does most outdoor activities. We do all our own butchering. She is handy and helpful. Supports my late season hunting and adventures but doesn't do well in the cold. A great partner to have around.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
my wife does not hunt, fish, camp or hike. Her idea of roughing it is to stay in the Holiday Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. smile

My wife doesn’t like “roughing it” anymore, and for that matter neither do I! We still endure the conditions required to hunt....but prefer our sleeping arrangements over a tent! It’s nicer than many of of the motels than I can afford! wink memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife loves the outdoors but she never hunted until she met me. Her favorite animal to hunt is dall sheep but I have yet to find one for her that she can shoot but we'll keep trying. I think i'm going to take her out after a moose next fall as well. She has 3 firearms, a Kimber 84M in 7mm-08, A RUger Super Blackhawk in 44 mag and a Franchi Instinct 20 gauge.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife pulled the trigger on a 17 Remington in 1984 and shot a prairie dog on her aunt's Ranch in Volborg MT.
I think that is the only time she shot a rifle.

We went trap shooting with guys who had all been shooting trap and birds all their lives in 1976. He shot better than all the men.
That is the only time the wife ever shot a shotgun.

My mother with a High Standard 22 pistol shot better than all the men in 1962.
That was the only time I ever saw her shoot, but there exists a picture of her shooting a Beretta 1934 380, right after my uncle brought it back from WWII.
That is the only time I saw my mother shoot, but I did see her stab a mole through the dirt in a mole hill with butcher knife that came up bloody. That scared me when I was 3 years old.

Although my wife does not hunt, she does cook all the deer and antelope I bring home. She caters to two dinner parties a week that we attend. She did buy an extra freezer in case I ever bring home an elk. I am 68 years old and have never got an elk. I should paste unfulfilled elk tags on her extra freezer.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mine fishes and hunts...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine hunts, fishes, camps and doesnt mind getting muddy or bloody.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Checking the zero on her GAP .308 couple of weeks ago, and I do mean it is her rifle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And driving it on pigs for a video to respond to the endless comments that a Sierra Match King will not kill critters.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
She would rather be hunting than shopping...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Dang Jim, pretty ladies in your life!
smile

You bet !!

Jim's a blessed man.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]

Another blessed man !

Cheers Kamo !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, I got myself at beautiful wife, best friend, great mother to our 2 grown up kids & the best hunting & fishing partner !

She's got her own rifle, Savage Lady Hunter in 7mm-08 with a 2-7 x Redfield Revolution, Her own 20ga Mossberg pump shotgun & 2 complete pflueger fishing combos + own Ice fishing rod & reel.

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Great Thread !!

Paul.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't do photos here. But have an outdoors wife.

Now that my address is Alaska the majority of the year until she can move up, she bought her own truck, travel trailer goes with Tiger the cur to the lakes, with her kayak, fishes, relaxes etc...

Hikes and walks all the time here. Kills what needs killing at times, though she isn't into hunting deer quite as much as she was with her bow years ago. But she took many deer and pigs with her bows.

We both took the first CHL course offered here. Currently her choices are ruger 380, Smith Ti 357, Glock 9mm and Glock 10mm and a Kimber Ultra carry 45.

She shot competitive with me for years. She is a distinguished service rifle badge holder from CMP matches. A firing member of the TX State Service Rifle team to Camp Perry. Team winner of the TX state Championships Team match, High Woman state of Texas. And others.

She has shot everything up to 50 bmg. Killed a squirrel once with a 378 wtby. Well we found a tail and part of rear foot to prove it. Killed a pig that bottomed my 350 pound scale out with a 47 pound bow and nice lil Zwickey Eskimo head.

Has never killed game at long ranges, but has smacked stuff to about 350 or so whenever I tell her she needs to shoot. She has shot competition out to 1000 yards iron sights service rifle but generally shot only to 600 max typically. I was the one that liked the 1000 yard stuff.

Fishes on her own and with me as noted.

Camps in tents as needed, used to spend 2 weeks every fall in a tent mostly in AK hunting moose. Sometimes down to single digit temps. And did most hunting on foot, not on ATVs.

Works on the farm as needed, has chaps and her own chainsaw. Mows, weed eats and has a commercial grade Stihl Gas weedeater says the smaller ones didn't have enough power. Has about 2500 feet of fence line at the road along with 3 yards she weed eats. Though she does spray round up as she can.

Shreds the pasture as needed.

She shoots a few deer a year, goes to the stand with Tiger and I except Sunday mornings is sleep in for her. Trails deer with Tiger. Has her own deer rifle now a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Gun wise she almost always caused me to buy double, about everything I brought home she liked and wanted one of for the most part. In fact she owns 3 Glock 20s as she likes them to hunt with and CHL and for a bear/moose handgun in AK.

Best thing ever happened to me is all I can say.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
my wife shot a 4x4 mule deer yesterday and helped me process 2 deer. she loves fishing walleyes and crappies and catfish on the river banks. she's killed more animals than any woman I know. her favorite rifle is a 6x45 left handed mini mauser with a custom stock and threaded for her suppressor. She likes her ruger bearcat and shoots a diamond bow. our daughter is 7 and looks to be on the same path. Yes she's asked me to watch the kids while she went deer hunting before.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my wife wanted to be with me and do things i did. i taught her to hunt, fish, shoot, and the outdoors. the student is now the teacher lol.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

FJB
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,860
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.