Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you.

Rocky’ I laughed, life has taken a quick turn for the better!

Dave

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Fantastic job man!!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Holey Moley! OUTSTANDING!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats...that is a real achievement.

You seem to be getting better deer as time goes by, too. An added bonus!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Most likley put some years back on yourself, good deal.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Congrats.

What got you into the situation in the first place? Could it have been avoided? What advice would you give to a younger you back then?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like that Possum soup is good for you after all!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Congrats.

What got you into the situation in the first place? Could it have been avoided? What advice would you give to a younger you back then?

The summer I turned six my parents sent me to my grandparents for the summer who lived in a trailer house in South Texas. I remember it in vivid color and most all the details, every single night my grandmother shoveled food on my plate and told me to eat it so she didn't have to throw it away, and most nights I was sick to my stomach. After every meal my grandfather told me to go get on the scale and read the weight to him...essentially they fattened me up and a 5 going on 6 year old does not have the brains to object much less really comprehend what is happening in that scenario.

That caused a serious issue with food including portion control, the type of food I wanted, sneaking food along with the humiliation and emotional torture from classmates set the stage.

The humiliation and torture continued until I learned the art of cold-ccking the punks who picked on me, in almost every case older, bigger and stronger. I am very lucky some of the punches to the side of the face and head did not kill someone because I let them rip....truly lucky, I was an ANGRY mother'fkr. But I gained some respect and most backed off and tried to be friends, and they got punched in the face again.

I managed to drop from 225 to about 195 (I know it was 225 because the football coach said hey Fat Albert, get your fk'n fat A$$ on the scale during weigh-in front of the team) the last half of my junior year of high school and down to 170 the summer before my senior year, mostly eating Taco Bell and trying to chase girls, fishing with my buddies and some intramural sports. I dropped to about 165 by the end of my senior year and beginning of college.

That's how I got there, a truly sh i tty 11 years of school.

When I see little kids that are overweight, and knowing the pending torture they have ahead of them I want to punch or choke their parents. On the other hand, I have had access to the information that helped me beat the demon for at least a decade and just found it. So I shake my head, keep my mouth shut and move on but I still feel bad for the kids

What kept me there for all these years....at this point I can't be convinced it was anything other than GRAINS and eating too often.

Dave

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks for the back story. It helps me understand people better.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Great job. Congratulations.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Fantastic dedication! You’ve earned your health back!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Congrats, you’re a strong man. I weighed 30015 and went down to 165 in 6 months after discovering the Air Force diet, later called Atkins. Had hip replacement at 63. After surgery, first thing dr said was you were a fat kid. That’s what damaged the hip. Being fat at adolescence growth spurt cam damage and rupture the hip bone causing permanent damage. Obesity is one greatest tragedies for our country both physically and financial cost to our nation. I’m proud of you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations, man!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Congratulations, that's pretty amazing. I'm currently the fattest I've ever been and having enough health problems.

I have an autoimmune disease that attacks all my joints and tendons and it's really limited my mobility. I also took a lot of high power injectable steroids and the last few years.

The Drs are saying people with my disease are always overweight because of the inflammation and increased cortisol production that comes with it. They want me to get gastric sleeve but I'm hesitant.

What are the first few things you would do to get started? I did intermittent fasting a few years back and lost about 50 pounds but its came back with a vengeance.

What fasting schedule would you recommend and what foods would you cut and what would you eat? When you did multiple days did not eat anything at all and just drink water? I once did the lemonade diet for 2 weeks which is nothing but homemade lemonade from fresh lemons sweetened with real maple.

Bb

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Congratulations, that's pretty amazing. I'm currently the fattest I've ever been and having enough health problems.

I have an autoimmune disease that attacks all my joints and tendons and it's really limited my mobility. I also took a lot of high power injectable steroids and the last few years.

The Drs are saying people with my disease are always overweight because of the inflammation and increased cortisol production that comes with it. They want me to get gastric sleeve but I'm hesitant.

What are the first few things you would do to get started? I did intermittent fasting a few years back and lost about 50 pounds but its came back with a vengeance.

What fasting schedule would you recommend and what foods would you cut and what would you eat? When you did multiple days did not eat anything at all and just drink water? I once did the lemonade diet for 2 weeks which is nothing but homemade lemonade from fresh lemons sweetened with real maple.

Bb

Thanks!

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, I am fortunate to not have any serious health issues if the diabetes and high blood pressure is truly behind me.

If you eat grains or any foods made with grain products I would eliminate those now, doing this eliminated my cravings for carbs and food, a very strange phenomenon.

It also eliminated almost entirely some serious hip pain. If I crossed my legs while sitting my hips ached until I walked across the office (say thirty-five yards in distance) until they felt somewhat normal. And the pain started happening at night and multiple Aleve would not touch it, it was keeping me awake at night. I assumed I would be having both hips replaced, hip problems run in the family for both overweight and normal weight members. I stopped grains cold turkey, and within three weeks the hip pain at night went a way and was greatly reduced when sitting with my legs crossed.

The ONLY change was getting off grains.

Edit: I asked my uncle, a medical doctor if he thought grains caused systemic inflammation and he said it's BS, and responded with using all the asian's who eat tons of rice and live long lives as examples. He was also schooled in the 70's and like most doctor's probably prescribes Metformin to treat high blood sugar, the system of diabetes but not the cause, at least according to Dr. Fung and other doctors.

Last edited by RDW; 11/24/19.

Dave

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This cracks me up every time I see it having lived it so long............(grin)

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Congratulations!
I’m on the same mission right now myself. I’m waiting until I get myself squared away before I drop my story on here. I too do IF every day. 16-8 most frequently. But I do throw in a 23-1 or 24-0 a couple times a week.
I follow Dr Berg on YouTube and drank the Kool Aid. It’s amazing how simple this is once you commit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Outstanding personal achievement Dave, Life changing no doubt,

Exactly what is a 28 day fast?

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In my case I planned on a 14 day fast while on a road trip to Idaho, when I returned I decided to go for 21 days and finally 28 days.

I had snacks at times when my blood glucose dropped too low. Otherwise I had zero calorie drinks, keto coffee, cappuccinos and black coffee.

Last edited by RDW; 11/28/19.

Dave

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RDW
In my case I planned on a 14 day fast while on a road trip to Idaho, when I returned I decided to go for 21 days and finally 28 days.

I had snacks at times when my blood glucose dropped too low. Otherwise I had zero calorie drinks, keto coffee, cappuccinos and black coffee.

how much weight did you lose in that time ……..bob

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (300jimmy, 1minute, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,571
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.