Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.12newsnow.com/article/n...wKbg2NOgfreqFWAZ1Ibdx_Apboi1yYQAAXy26eMg

Preliminary autopsy results show she did not die from any medical condition or from a canine attack
Author: Raegan Gibson, Cory McCord, Michelle Choi
Published: 4:22 PM CST November 25, 2019
Updated: 7:02 PM CST November 25, 2019

ANAHUAC, Texas — A 59-year-old caretaker found dead Sunday morning outside of a home in Anahuac was attacked and killed by wild hogs according to the autopsy.

The autopsy results showed the cause of death as 'exsanguination due to feral hog assault,' meaning she bled to death.

Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said it's a "very rare incident," and less than 6 of these deaths have been reported in the U.S.

Hawthorne said the family she was caring for have about 10 or 12 acres, and "the feral hogs have taken over some of their family land."

Authorities said the body of Christine Rollins, of Liberty, was found in the front yard of a home in the 4000 block of State Highway 61. Rollins was the caretaker of an elderly couple who lives at the home, authorities said.

When Rollins didn't show up to the home at the normal time, the 84-year-old homeowner went outside and found her body in the yard between her vehicle and the front door, investigators said.

She had multiple injuries to her body, including a head injury consistent with a fall as well as "numerous injuries that appear to be animal-related," according to authorities.

She had been taking care of the family for more than a year according to Hawthorne.

RELATED: Texas law allows anyone to hunt feral hogs without a license on private property with consent

RELATED: Caretaker found dead may have been attacked by wild hogs, sheriff says

"I want to especially send my condolences to the Rollins family. It's unbelievably tragic," Hawthorne said.

Sheriff says wild hogs have been a problem in the area and a lot of neighbors have called complaining the animals were tearing up their front yards.

The sheriff’s office has even put out traps to see if they can trap one.

The sheriff says wild hogs are dangerous, travel in packs, but they're rampant in Texas. If folks do encounter one, it's best to stay away, and call Texas Parks & Wildlife officials.
Also on 12NewsNow.com

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn.

Here’s hoping there was some other cause of death, no one deserves to go out that way.

Foul critters, I always go armed in the woods around here, there’s a bunch.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Mayor of Monahans Texas was attacked and nearly killed years ago by one when he left his gun to go behind some bushes to drop an Obama on a dove hunt.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/25/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Mayor of Monahans Texas was attacmed and nearly killed years ago by one when he left his gun to go behind some bushes to drop an Obama on a dove hunt.

Free range domestic hogs will come running when someone takes a crap, they eat it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Damn.

Here’s hoping there was some other cause of death, no one deserves to go out that way.

Foul critters, I always go armed in the woods around here, there’s a bunch.

You forgot about Piglosi, Hillary and Zero, Birdy. Sheesh.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Surprised it hasn’t happened more often.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had a student who lived in a house abutting a wooded creek bed. They had a Rottweiler chained up in back, hogs would come up looking for dog food. According to her a big boar killed the dog one day and the hogs ate it. All they found was the head attached to a section of vertebrae.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see your good Governor signed the bill to remove about all restrictions regarding killing the hogs, including no license necessary.

The cost of the hunts still keep me here. If they were less expensive I think many guys would go to TX to kill a bunch of the vermin. However, I hear that all the hunting does little if any good in reducing populations and their destruction.

I wish I could afford to "help". wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The cost of the hunts still keep me here.

The cost of the hunts keep the hogs there as well. As long as there is a market to hunt them, they won’t be eradicated no matter how much damage they do.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
From the article:

The sheriff says wild hogs are dangerous, travel in packs, but they're rampant in Texas. If folks do encounter one, it's best to stay away, and call Texas Parks & Wildlife officials.

Like hell!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Mayor of Monahans Texas was attacmed and nearly killed years ago by one when he left his gun to go behind some bushes to drop an Obama on a dove hunt.

Free range domestic hogs will come running when someone takes a crap, they eat it.

................. Trap some hogs and ship them to San Francisco.........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn.

no one deserves to go out that way.

Actually, if you ever speak with Vietnam POWs, that is their preferred method to get rid of Jane Fonda....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Damn.

no one deserves to go out that way.

Actually, if you ever speak with Vietnam POWs, that is their preferred method to get rid of Jane Fonda....

PETA may object to that idea.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good Lord... I've heard that there's even some of 'em around here but I've never seen, nor encountered one anywhere yet.. DNR sez we can shoot 'em on sight w/o some permit.. Mighty white of 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Lots of the bastards around my house and tins on my deer lease in Burnet

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Killed 3 last time i went to the deer lease.

Night vision seems to be the best way to get a lot of them.

One day i will have a thermal sight.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I see your good Governor signed the bill to remove about all restrictions regarding killing the hogs, including no license necessary.

The cost of the hunts still keep me here. If they were less expensive I think many guys would go to TX to kill a bunch of the vermin. However, I hear that all the hunting does little if any good in reducing populations and their destruction.

A pet peeve of mine is people saying it is too expensive to hunt hogs. When I take anyone out on my leased properties (paid for by me) I spend around $50. on gas, I have to be on the properties with them to protect my stock and make sure they don't shoot anything they shouldn't. So that means I have to drive 150 miles, stay up all night and drive home another 150 miles. Not to mention maintaining the feeders which hold 240 pounds of corn (also paid for by me) and typically I clean the pigs that are shot. Add to this pigs do not run on a routine, meaning generally they do not come when the feeders throw corn and on any given night they may be somewhere else. For some dickweed to say $125. to $150. for a day hunt is too much shows they are cheap thoughtless jerks.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300

A pet peeve of mine is people saying it is too expensive to hunt hogs. When I take anyone out on my leased properties (paid for by me) I spend around $50. on gas, I have to be on the properties with them to protect my stock and make sure they don't shoot anything they shouldn't. So that means I have to drive 150 miles, stay up all night and drive home another 150 miles. Not to mention maintaining the feeders which hold 240 pounds of corn (also paid for by me) and typically I clean the pigs that are shot. Add to this pigs do not run on a routine, meaning generally they do not come when the feeders throw corn and on any given night they may be somewhere else. For some dickweed to say $125. to $150. for a day hunt is too much shows they are cheap thoughtless jerks.

Out of the kindness of your heart. You should furnish all the amenities and should let them hunt for free. 🙄
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Jeezus! Maybe they just aint got the money!

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,677
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.