B
It wasn’t meant to be advice.

laissez les bons temps rouler

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
And yes, people can ruin themselves with sugar. Only Bloomberg wants to ban that and he is rightly ridiculed over it. Yet we lock kids up over pot while expecting them to go on a drunk fest during their college years as part of the "experience".
Last time I checked, we arrested them for being drunk & out of hand too.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You can gain weight drinking whiskey too.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a guy, that I talk with every day.
He's had a bad back for years. Recently, it got real bad. Friends said, go to colorado, and buy some weed, itll help with the pain, instead of getting addicted to pills.
He did. Said, he would never have believed how it made the pain go away, if he hadn't have tried it.
He had surgery. Takes a hit or 2, and no pain.
I asked him if he needs to stay stoned all the time.
He said no, only when the recovery pain get bad.
I asked him if he will continue to smoke when healed up ? He said no. I asked him he is getting to addicted, or is seeking out other drugs ?
He said no. The high is nice, and get me more creative, and into projects, but as the pain goes away, so does his use.
I asked what about those pain pills ?
Said they were ok, but constipated him bad, and couldn't function. Said no one could tell when he was high or not. Didn't make him stupid or lazy.
There are 2 types of weed. One is nick named " in da couch", makes you relaxed, and under no stress. The other, he said, also relieves his pain, gets him high, but keeps him active, like an upper high.
I am around stoners all day making my deliveries. I deliver to grow houses, as well as dispensaries. So far, I've only met super nice people. Can't say I've ever run into a mean, belligerent stoner.
Can't say that for drunks.
Moral of my post.
I have seen it help pain, I see a thriving community where it is sold, and a state bringing in more tax money to help the state.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I know a guy, that I talk with every day.
He's had a bad back for years. Recently, it got real bad. Friends said, go to colorado, and buy some weed, itll help with the pain, instead of getting addicted to pills.
He did. Said, he would never have believed how it made the pain go away, if he hadn't have tried it.
He had surgery. Takes a hit or 2, and no pain.
I asked him if he needs to stay stoned all the time.
He said no, only when the recovery pain get bad.
I asked him if he will continue to smoke when healed up ? He said no. I asked him he is getting to addicted, or is seeking out other drugs ?
He said no. The high is nice, and get me more creative, and into projects, but as the pain goes away, so does his use.
I asked what about those pain pills ?
Said they were ok, but constipated him bad, and couldn't function. Said no one could tell when he was high or not. Didn't make him stupid or lazy.
There are 2 types of weed. One is nick named " in da couch", makes you relaxed, and under no stress. The other, he said, also relieves his pain, gets him high, but keeps him active, like an upper high.
I am around stoners all day making my deliveries. I deliver to grow houses, as well as dispensaries. So far, I've only met super nice people. Can't say I've ever run into a mean, belligerent stoner.
Can't say that for drunks.
Moral of my post.
I have seen it help pain, I see a thriving community where it is sold, and a state bringing in more tax money to help the state.
That's a nice post.

To me, it boils down to two things. The first is if you want freedom. You can't be free with a stinking, hypocritical government telling you every move to make. Either YOU tell the government, or it will tell you. The other thing is whether or not you want freedom. There is no doubt that certain things HAVE to be illegal, such as murder and rape. Is any kind of drug including pot, up there with murder and rape? IMO no, it's not so in order to have freedom you have to limit what is illegal to things that are truly dangerous and impinge upon another person's freedom...and to have freedom you can't tell everybody what to do.

Nope, I don't smoke dope. Nope, I don't think it cures cancer-and I think some of this wild shixt that's floated as being beneficial is laughable.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Every nursing home in the country should be stocked up with pot brownies.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Every potentially mind altering substance should be banned! The government should make laws banning any substance deemed nonessential, as determined by government formed committee, and then introduce the death penalty for anyone caught with these substances. Imagine how much better society would be if there were no more drunks around,nobody on drugs, nobody smelling of cigarettes and leaving butts around?

Also,one of the biggest drains on healthcare is obesity. The government should ban any foods deemed non beneficial, especially high sugar foods. There really is no need for soft drinks, pastries and donuts, cake,pie etc. People clearly can't be trusted to control themselves with these products and therefore it only makes sense for the government to step in and protect the people from this threat. Isn't that the government's job,after all? Grocery stores could be given quota as to how much meat could be sold per week too, to make sure everyone is eating more vegetables.

Simple, effective ideas that any true, liberty loving conservative should embrace. Only a damn commie lieberal demoncrap would oppose these measures that would so obviously be of immense benefit to society. Somebody ought to start a petition.

What you been smoking! Induce the death penalty for booze, pot, and cigarettes. Government banning foods, that's what the democraps are trying now! New York is a good example! More government oversite serves no purpose! You need to clean your pipe! But you already know your post was just plain stupid! You just posted it looking for a response, so you could try and push your ignorance on others!!! start your petition in canada, we like our freedom in the states!

Last edited by Heym06; 12/09/19. Reason: Add comment
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I would bet that was satire.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That's a pretty good point and if it's legal for old folks/the infirm, why shouldn't it be legal for everybody except kids?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would bet that was satire.....
...or satir, satyr or whomever.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Didn't read like satire! Maybe it was maybe it wasn't.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Heym06

It was quite dry....I will grant you.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Every potentially mind altering substance should be banned! The government should make laws banning any substance deemed nonessential, as determined by government formed committee, and then introduce the death penalty for anyone caught with these substances. Imagine how much better society would be if there were no more drunks around,nobody on drugs, nobody smelling of cigarettes and leaving butts around?

Also,one of the biggest drains on healthcare is obesity. The government should ban any foods deemed non beneficial, especially high sugar foods. There really is no need for soft drinks, pastries and donuts, cake,pie etc. People clearly can't be trusted to control themselves with these products and therefore it only makes sense for the government to step in and protect the people from this threat. Isn't that the government's job,after all? Grocery stores could be given quota as to how much meat could be sold per week too, to make sure everyone is eating more vegetables.

Simple, effective ideas that any true, liberty loving conservative should embrace. Only a damn commie lieberal demoncrap would oppose these measures that would so obviously be of immense benefit to society. Somebody ought to start a petition.

start your petition in canada, we like our freedom in the states!

Pot is legal in Canada. Sorry could not resist! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It is all about the Benjamin's states can make from it.
Nothing more , nothing less.
They could give a flying fugg about anything else connected to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tend to lean libertarian, small gov and big freedom. I think weed should be legal, and welfare should be illegal. I think smoking weed is stupid, but not as dumb as letting the government take away our freedoms dictated in the constitution.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smoked a lot as a young man, then tapered way off as my biz grew. Had a kid quit altogether, no big deal.

Now smoke more than I’d like due to chronic pain. So glad it’s legal here. Traveling to states where it’s not legal have to get a permission slip from Doc to satisfy the nanny state.

I find it ridiculous it’s not legal everywhere.

If you’re not gonna do anything w your life, blame it on something alcohol or weed or something else

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I tend to lean libertarian, small gov and big freedom. I think weed should be legal, and welfare should be illegal. I think smoking weed is stupid, but not as dumb as letting the government take away our freedoms dictated in the constitution.

Perfect !

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

It was quite dry....I will grant you.

Sorry, I'll try to moisten it up a little next time.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't think it's good for anyone but it may be a better choice than other meds. Legalizing it may be all about profit but you certainly don't want the government protecting you from other profitable industries that may arguably be a far worse detriment to your health than marijuana.

You old fat geezers have a come apart if government even tries to limit your intake of a much more addictive and harmful drug....processed sugar. We won't even mention alcohol and nicotine because those are your drugs of choice,not to be confused with the evil marijuana.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by 700LH
Some of you must be reading fairy tails saying pot is addictive,,, proof propaganda works

sure its not... I know at least a dozen people here, since it was legalized, that stay stoned, 24/7... no longer have a job, and live off of welfare....
but still have money to stay stoned all day, every day.. their only activity is watching TV or playing video games... and welfare gives them a financial base to get by on
therefore supporting their new life style...

they are even too damn lazy to grow their own... preferring to even let someone else do that for them...

they drive around in their beater cars, no insurance on it, expired plates...
then when they get pulled over and locked up they are crying what a victim they are...

yeah, its neither addictive or a drain on society.. that is just an old wife's tale...

Yea, blame the weed for that.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,741
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.