Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Never saw it before.

From what I gather, It's like Chevron with Techron... Additives.

I wasn't gonna buy any until I knew for sure what it was though.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is distributed by Exxon/Mobil.

https://www.exxon.com/en/synergy-diesel-efficient-passenger

Coming to a station near you

Synergy Diesel Efficient fuel is rolling out across the US throughout 2018 and 2019. The next time you fill up your diesel car or truck, make sure to try the diesel fuel that helps improve mileage and deliver more power. Just stop into your local Exxon™ or Mobil™ station, and look for the next-generation Synergy Diesel Efficient-branded pumps.

Wish I'd filled up at that price now... frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You mean a clear diesel with just a bit more cetane?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Buddy of mine at work, from Portugal says they have different grades of diesel to choose from, I guess we’re finally getting it here.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You mean a clear diesel with just a bit more cetane?

Hell... All I knew was Red or Green.

Kinda like what they ask ya in New Mexico when you order Meskin Food. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it's more efficient and cheaper, the EPA will soon find a way to either screw it up or outlaw it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
70c per gallon less than here.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Haven't seen it yet. Wonder what the cetane level is. I run Power Service Diesel Kleen + Cetane in mine. But I recall reading up that of all the diesel additives one can run for Cetane boost and for improved lubricity, Biodiesel was best. It's really good at cleaning and lubricity for injectors. So I like it when I see Biodiesel added at the pump. Can't remember what the optimal or perhaps minimum required level was ... maybe 5%. Been awhile since I read it. I think most pumps that have it say up to 5%.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If it's more efficient and cheaper, the EPA will soon find a way to either screw it up or outlaw it.

Man, ain’t that the truth.

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I saw a station with a sign for "premium diesel" and wasn't sure what they meant. Maybe this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang, I'd love to see prices like that around here!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Haven't seen it yet. Wonder what the cetane level is. I run Power Service Diesel Kleen + Cetane in mine. But I recall reading up that of all the diesel additives one can run for Cetane boost and for improved lubricity, Biodiesel was best. It's really good at cleaning and lubricity for injectors. So I like it when I see Biodiesel added at the pump. Can't remember what the optimal or perhaps minimum required level was ... maybe 5%. Been awhile since I read it. I think most pumps that have it say up to 5%.

I might be a bit out of time,
But the Biodiesel I am aware of isn't an additive.
It is the product, and it's production.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
70c per gallon less than here.

a $1.20 less than here.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My 7.3 LOVES Chevron diesel, noticeably more performance in all aspects.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
sounds like just a premium diesel with additives

Cenex stations hereabouts been selling a similar product for years

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

I might be a bit out of time,
But the Biodiesel I am aware of isn't an additive.
It is the product, and it's production.

I regularly see notices at the fuel pump that state, "Contains up to 5% Biodiesel". Regardless, you can add biodiesel yourself if you have some like anything else. I found the link to the study I read, and it really addresses lubricity, not Cetane as I mentioned originally. So would not assume it's good as a Cetane booster. Been some years since I read it. There are several products that are also Cetane boosters that are ranked for lubricity in the study. This study is some years old, but I think it is still useful information. Links below. First is a pdf of it you can download. Second is the study posted in a thread by the guy who did it. Might be some good discussion there, but it's a very long thread.

DIESEL FUEL LUBRICITY ADDITIVES STUDY RESULTS by Arlen Spicer

Lubricity Additive Study Results posted by SPICER - Diesel Place Forum

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
I can't get any info from the Exxon website you posted. I've been using a mixture of 2 cycle oil and Power Service diesel kleen in my 2005 Dodge diesel since I bought it new in 2005 and haven't had any injector or fuel pump problems yet. I add .7 ounce per gallon diesel every time I fill up. When they started putting biodiesel in the ULSD I checked my owner's manual and it said that if more than 5% biodiesel was found in my fuel system it would void my engine warranty. When Murphy went to 10% biodiesel (could have more) I quit using their diesel and switched to Valero diesel that up to 5% diesel. The shop manual for my SIL's new Ford diesel said that if more 10% biodiesel was found in his fuel system it would void his engine warrant he also switched to Valero diesel. To me adding biodiesel to petro diesel is the same as adding ethanol to gasoline and neither would be happening without subsidies from the Feds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not "To you, victoro".

That's a fact, Jack.
If farmers and the Government ever got divorced,
We would be better off.

And I mean WE.
Everyone but the bureaucrats. And, maybe, the corporate farms.

Small farmers would benefit hugely.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I don't think it is correct to equate the effects of biodiesel to ethanol in gasoline; i.e., as a limited additive to diesel. I won't comment on the effects of running pure biodiesel or a high percentage of it. I am curious though as to what the concerns are for it at 10% and above. If the manufacturers are prohibiting it there must be a reason. I haven't seen a pump yet with 10% biodiesel. May do some checking up on this too in the meanwhile, see if I can't dig up what the concern is. I haven't seen any ill effects of 5% in my 6.0L powerstroke. The 6.0 HEUI injectors and fuel system is pretty sensitive as far as an injection system goes. The study I linked was with 2% biodiesel and it was the top performer for lubricity at that percentage. So it doesn't take a lot to get the benefit.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The cetane booster I use is Mercon ATF, 1/2 ounce per gallon every fill-up. Has been wonderful for 298000 miles.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Right on Reloader.

I add ATF

or 2 cycle boat motor oil to my fill-ups.

I have had diesels since '85 from Fords to Gmc / Chevy Duramax , including Suburbans.

I will NOT but another Duramax. Too many Qulity control and engineering probs in the last 5-6 years.

In the shop now ( not my Shop). '17 Duramax needs turbo, weld broke on shaft for variable speed vanes.

'18 Duramax valve issues. Multiple ongoing issues with DEF unit. I could go on.

I have 2 Duramax P-ups now '06 & '08.

As for Biodiesel , no good . No good for mileage and gums up fuel system..

It IS as bad as ethanol !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,343
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.