Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
And lots of people won't listen to music after XYZ year.

Crazy

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from ia.media-imdb.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from gunaxin.com]

Was this the, "Fill yore hand you son of a bitch", scene?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Wish they would make a " Happy Days" movie.
Good clean fun at Al,s.
Fonzi jumping the shark tank!

Fast forward the story from that point a little...

Ritchie gets killed in Vietnam his 2nd day their as a cherry trying to lose his virginity to a buckethead whore who cuts his tallywhacker off with a straight razor.......

Then show the impact on everyone else back in home town USA when the truth comes out how ritchie bit the dust.

LOL!!!

BJ and the Bear, set in today's time

Human trafficking ring, expediting caravaneers up from Guatemala, running fentanyl on the side

All goes to hell one night when Bear (he's the chïmp) goes on a fentanyl laced oreo bender and takes off in the truck, while BJ is gettin a BJ at DejaVu, he ditches the truck in a Texarkana walmart parking lot on an August weekend and 43 guatemalans cook in the trailer.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I believe so. If that is not classic, I'm lost as to what is.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some choose not to live in the past even if they remember it fondly. Did no one watch Sicario? How about No Country For Old Men,or 13 Hours At Benghazi? They have always made more bad movies than good, quality is hard to achieve.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Some choose not to live in the past even if they remember it fondly. Did no one watch Sicario? How about No Country For Old Men,or 13 Hours At Benghazi? They have always made more bad movies than good, quality is hard to achieve.

mike r
I've watched all three. All three were worth watching. Thirteen Hours at Benghazi was certainly good, but not in the class with the other two. Siccario was very good but not as good as its sequal, Rise of the Soldado.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

mike r

There's only so many times you can watch Tombstone.

The reason I watch the old westerns is because on any given night, there's probably nothing newer on that's better.

As an added benefit, I have not seen many of the 50's westerns, so they are new to me.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from ia.media-imdb.com]

Me watching that would only come as the result of some strange court-ordered punishment.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I enjoy many of the John Wayne B movies. I don't expect a lot, just some old time western shootem up.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

mike r

There's only so many times you can watch Tombstone.

The reason I watch the old westerns is because on any given night, there's probably nothing newer on that's better.

As an added benefit, I have not seen many of the 50's westerns, so they are new to me.

My redemption is You Tube, plenty of good content on there for almost every taste, or if really in a bind, there are booksgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Lets see ...

If your 75 to 80 ish now.
That means you were 25 to 30 in 1969.

And some of you all act and reminisce like you were that age in 1949.

What type of sheltered from society lifestyle did some of ya lead.

Like some of you where home schooled by long denim skirt Pentecostal mommy,s and schit......

Now these 2 old fuggs from that late 60,s early 70,s era are the ones that got credibility about old movies relevant to their actual age timeline.

LOL!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hollyweird tried their hardest to make Meathead and Gloria the heroes and Archie just this racist clown, but everybody loved Archie and still do. Nobody likes Meathead or Gloria. Same with The Jefferson's. George was the one everybody loved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lets see ...

Like some of you where home schooled by long denim skirt Pentecostal mommy,s and schit......

Or maybe I just like old movies a lot.

"Old" stuff is distinct in style and form from era to era. I enjoy a lot of stuff from different times and places.

Some people only like movies in color but that's their choice. Some people are very specific of what they like, but as long as it is not perverse or sick and wrong, that's okay.

We are living in a great time for choices of electronic entertainment, food, and luxuries. Enjoy it while you can.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Lets see ...

Or maybe I just like old movies a lot.

"Old" stuff is distinct in style and form from era to era. I enjoy a lot of stuff from different times and places.

Some people only like movies in color but that's their choice. Some people are very specific of what they like, but as long as it is not perverse or sick and wrong, that's okay.

We are living in a great time for choices of electronic entertainment, food, and luxuries. Enjoy it while you can.

I know man.
I get it.
I like some old movies.

Some.....

Im just being controversial.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL!!!!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
In spite of itself, the movie industry of today still manages to poop out a few genuinely good (or at least enjoyable) films every year.

Same as always. A few good ones, a few so-so ones, and a lot of garbage. I love the old classic movies, but there's still films being made today that I enjoy just as much.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've watched a helluva lot of movies, going way back. Occasionally, there will be one from the olden type times that I've never seen and it will be good. Sometimes there will be one I've seen but haven't seen for years. Sometimes I'll see one from when I was a kid that I thought just hung the moon back then but now it's like wth was I thinking?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lets see ...b

Now these 2 old fuggs from that late 60,s early 70,s era are the ones that got credibility about old movies relevant to their actual age timeline.

The thing is those in their 70s and 80s now were born in the 30's and 40's and 1969 was something daydreamed about.

Point is they grew up watching those old movies, which could only be seen in theaters back then, and going to the movies was a memorable event for young and old alike.

First run movies with popular well known actors were shown in big name theaters in large cities first and often taking a year or longer to make it to neighborhood and small town theaters.

Even later on as televisions (small screens and black and white I should add) in homes became more common they only aired the original old black and white cuts of movies from years past.

Only a very few TV channels were available even in high population areas, reception was via antenna only, often mediocre at best and networks signed off overnight with no all-night programing of any kind.

By 1969 those people in their mid 20s and 30s, were adults going about there lives, working, attending college, raising families, serving in the military and likely as not many vacationing in Southeast Asia at Uncle Sam's behest.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.