Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I had a new Leup 3.5X10CDS with a zero stop sitting in a box waiting to be used or sold. Stumbled across a Savage 93, .22 Mag, 21" heavy fluted bbl, nice laminated stock. Well Perfect for my leupie. Followed me home.
Drawer full of mounts so in a short time I was setup on my deck with targets at 50 & 100.

Rifle with CCI maxi mags shot dime sized groups at 50. Eight clicks up and it was shooting nickel sized 5 shot groups at 100. Back to zero and yikes 1" low and 1"right!

Re sighted and eight clicks up and the group only moved up less than a inch . back to zero and its high and left.

I am done. How can a company that was #1 for so long produce crap like this.

Lefty

Last edited by leftycarbon; 12/05/19.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It is very frustrating! I still have 5 or 6 VX1 and VX2’s and only use them as set and forget scopes. Just ordered my first SHV and will slowly switch over to Nightforce from here on out with a few Meopta’s mixed in.

Last edited by Motown; 12/05/19.
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
That's what I have been doing. I have a NF SHV for three years. I t's a bomb.

Lefty

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’ve been there. The clicks are random. And then sometimes the input adjust as you do it, and other times it doesn’t move until you shoot. The one I plan to use is purely set and forget.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
That's what I have been doing. I have a NF SHV for three years. I t's a bomb.

Lefty

Glad to hear it. I have been planning to get one for awhile and the 15% off black friday deal got me to finally order one.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a new Leup 3.5X10CDS with a zero stop sitting in a box waiting to be used or sold. Stumbled across a Savage 93, .22 Mag, 21" heavy fluted bbl, nice laminated stock. Well Perfect for my leupie. Followed me home.
Drawer full of mounts so in a short time I was setup on my deck with targets at 50 & 100.

Rifle with CCI maxi mags shot dime sized groups at 50. Eight clicks up and it was shooting nickel sized 5 shot groups at 100. Back to zero and yikes 1" low and 1"right!

Re sighted and eight clicks up and the group only moved up less than a inch . back to zero and its high and left.

Lefty

Been there done that, no mo Leupies for me!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Leopold have BAD erector springs. Always have, and they refuse to change em. What amazes me is that guys keep expecting them to work....... The definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by atse
Leopold have BAD erector springs. Always have, and they refuse to change em. What amazes me is that guys keep expecting them to work....... The definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

I can remember back a few years on the 'fire , a 6x42 leup with elevation turret was considered the end all be all.........

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

I can remember back a few years on the 'fire , a 6x42 leup with elevation turret was considered the end all be all.........

The opinion, as I remember, the fixed power Leupolds were somehow better.

I don't have any 6X leupolds, so can't say.

DF

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Saddest part is their best hunting scopes aren’t available with capped turrets. The HD scopes are generally nice scopes except for this CDS crap.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I purged all Leupold's years ago. When you spend the amount of $$ that VX-6's sell for you'd expect them to track better than a Simmons or Tasco but they don't.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So frustrating. BT/DT.

My biggest source of frustration was the windage adjustment. Seemed to always be screwed up.

Lefty

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think the issue is denial for most. I had it for years. Sighting in was always a struggle.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Lefty

Oh come on now. Are you a Leupold basher?

What baffles me is the guys that swear they have 100 Leupolds and none of them have issues. I've seen it a hundred times and won't buy their chit every again. I was at a LGS a month ago and a guy and gal bring in this nice rifle with a Leupold on it and are wondering why it's not adjusting at all when they were trying to adjust it. The lady at the counter couldn't explain why. Just another damn Leupy failure is why...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well damnit old buddy BSA, it kind of happened to me, I bought a spanking new VX-R 3-9x40 30mm for a 358 Norma mag rebuild, Smith finished the rifle, I picked it up and brought it home to install my new scope, that sombitch laying in it's factory box somehow started growing whiskers on the GD reticlemad fuggin blew me away, I've got to call leupold now!!!!!

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well damnit old buddy BSA, it kind of happened to me, I bought a spanking new VX-R 3-9x40 30mm for a 358 Norma mag rebuild, Smith finished the rifle, I picked it up and brought it home to install my new scope, that sombitch laying in it's factory box somehow started growing whiskers on the GD reticlemad fuggin blew me away, I've got to call leupold now!!!!!

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. The VXR is the only one that really caught my attention. They seem like they should be stronger with their 30mm tubes. The illuminated reticles are cool too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yeah, it was going to be a set and verify a couple times a year deal, the lit reticle WAS nice.

Trump Won!
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Little off topic
But Doug started a thread on leupold and was to contact them with our concerns.
What ever happened with that ?

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Grow up. I have returned Minox, Vortex, and SWFA x2 for warrant return and never ever a Leupold and I have owned more Leupolds than all others combined. Do I feel butthurt over it? NO. Good Lord.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Lefty

This describes the last couple of Leupolds I owned, which was the top of their line..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.