Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've been on this site for too many years now. I think I've seen a lot of change, some maybe for the better some not.

What do the old time sages think?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been on this site for too many years now. I think I've seen a lot of change, some maybe for the better some not.

They gone.

LOL
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Feeding the trolls has been a downfall.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I hated this place when I first joined. There was a crowd here, mostly from Alaska (no offense to MOST of our current Alaskans, operative word "most") but thankfully MOST left. This was followed by a smattering of trolls (hunting bullshitters, not political) and those were dispatched as well. We then hit a pretty good streak until a few years ago and now we are inundated with political trolls and of course the herpes-simplex midget is still around. Unfortunately, a LOT of good guys have left and many are over on the 24Hr FB page.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Seems like new members can join and not get run off by the guardians at the gate nowadays.....

LMFAO!!!!

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I've been around a while......

You still see some dip schidts that know it all.....or think they do

Met a few guys from here......sold some stuff in the classifieds........

But jeez.......how does one get 50K posts ????????

Need to get out & get some fresh pics after next big storm....

Marlin 44 Cowboy..........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2

They gone.

Not quite all, but close.
I came in here with everybody else when Shooters.com blew up and Rickster got the Campfire to burning. Back then there were maybe 250 or 300 of us. It felt like we all knew one another personally. One sorta big happy family.
There were political threads of course, and plenty of humorous stories and jokes, but I’d guess 80% was either hunting or gun related.
Nowadays it seems like hunting has become a thing of the past. Last week I brought up a thread about PA changing deer season, opening on Saturday after over 50 years of Monday following Thanksgiving, and allowing some Sunday hunting.
It got buried under 3 threads about George Zimmerman and God knows how much political and impeachment related stuff.
I’ve learned a lot of pretty good information and how to here, and I still love the hunting and historical discussions, and there’s still quite a few folks who I really enjoy their post.
There’s also a number of trolls and fools. You still find nuggets of wisdom, but you gotta shovel a lot more crap to find it.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It seems to change periodically. A lot of good here still in spite of the anger and nastiness expressed.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Feeding Having the trolls has been a downfall.

No need to even have trolls. Cut their heads off and leave em flopping.

Most sites ban trolls immediately.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many individuals, many characters, all one of a kind. Most had a following of supporters. Those no longer here pretty much fell out of favor with the entire FIRE.

Variety makes the world go round!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

they get them by saying 'me-too", or "yeah" and nothing else, cause they dont KNOW anything else and dont want to learn either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by satir

they get them by saying 'me-too", or "yeah" and nothing else, cause they dont KNOW anything else and dont want to learn either.

Your still wet behind the ears, so how would you know.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by satir

Your still wet behind the ears, so how would you know.

Tell him the joke about the old bull and the young bull.... grin

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

There are a few of the originals left! I was the 164th one to come over to this wonderful place of “peace and tranquility”! But, we’ve lost quite a few over the years. Some discovered that they had a life, some didn’t like the BS, and we’ve lost far too many to what we all must face one day! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I was joining now, I probably wouldn't stick around. But I've got too much time invested to throw it all away...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, I hated this place when I first joined. There was a crowd here, mostly from Alaska (no offense to MOST of our current Alaskans, operative word "most") but thankfully MOST left. This was followed by a smattering of trolls (hunting bullshitters, not political) and those were dispatched as well. We then hit a pretty good streak until a few years ago and now we are inundated with political trolls and of course the herpes-simplex midget is still around. Unfortunately, a LOT of good guys have left and many are over on the 24Hr FB page.

I stand with Jorge.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeoW
Many individuals, many characters, all one of a kind. Most had a following of supporters. Those no longer here pretty much fell out of favor with the entire FIRE.

g

I've fallen out of favor with the entire fire but I'm still here. It's all so confusing.

LOL
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I do a helluva lot more reading here than posting, and I sure appreciate the information shared. There is some garbage here, but the good far outweighs the bad - for me anyway.

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long and I don't even have to do my part...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW

g

You mean Boggy Creek Ranger and guys like that? If you’d ever read many of his post, you’d know who I’m talking about. James has a way of looking at life, and a way with words that’s sorely missed around here. I’m proud to count him among my friends, and I wish he was still here.
We’re missing a lot of folks who I thought of as friends, who got fed up with the BS and the trolls. Some are gone to the big campfire in the sky, but there’s an awful lot who just gave up.
As I said, I’ve picked up an awful lot of info and how to and stuff like that. Rickster’s got a great thing going here, and there’s still quite a few I enjoy following and talking to. It’s changed, and not for the better, but I figure I lose more by leaving. Like I said, you gotta sort through the crap, but it’s usually worth it.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I remember the early years. Folks were a little more civil, I think.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,057
Posts18,482,363
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.