Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
In a hard case or not, someone had to put some effort in destroying that package. How do you bend a front sight like that by just throwing it on and off a truck???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Given the current state of affairs in this country, I am surprised when anything that can be identified as a firearm turns up undamaged. There are people in the chain that despise firearms and will purposely destroy them if they can. FedEx, UPS, USPS makes no difference.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Sorry guys,
FedEx ground sucks balls.
I work for FedEx freight.
We are real FedEx employees, not contractors, like ground.
We do our best to go above and beyond.
Many of my customers are shocked at how fast items arrive.
One downfall to this shipping thing is, all items go to central hub centers, then put on other trucks to go out for delivery, or to go to other centers, then out for delivery.

Question - if these are sitting in some building/dist. center in St. Paul, can civilians actually go there to pick up deliveries directly??

I have done that a couple of times after missing three delivery attempts on a package that had to be signed for. They are not really set up for that though and it took a long time for them to find the package.

Good luck,

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
This is how a UPS driver left a nice Rem 788 30-30 on the front porch without even ringing the doorbell.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

sumbich didn't want the ass chewin' he knew was coming......

Lol, I wouldn't ring the door bell either, I'd run like hell!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not sure if you can go to a ground terminal and pick things up ?
It happens at my freight terminal every day.
It would boggle your mind how many people order things, and when we show up, have no way to unload it off our trailers.
If I can't manage it with a lift gate, it goes back, and many times the customer shows up with a truck or a trailer, and our dock guys use a forklift to load it up.
Many times, things come in for dock pick up.

Do you have the terminals number? If so, and called, what did they say ?

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

as some here may know....I retired from UPS package after 27 yrs.......in 2011

the 788 shown in pic should have never been placed on the UPS truck for delivery.....

Or...the driver seeing the condition of the carton should have never delivered it....

Along with that...the shipper did not know squat about how to package a rifle...it should have had

the stock removed and barreled action and stock wrapped/packed seperately ...tightly together in box

Fed Ex ground......? had real problems a while back....but they have gotten better......new driver I blame

Like these tires in pic....he was too damm lazy to bring inside my closed gate....luckily no one ripped them off

Tracking ? This time of year...any of the three shippers....? I never even believe it.....just wait for the box to show up...

UPS in some states is on a 'incentive system' (Utah).....driver takes out a planned 10 hr day....delivers it in 9 hrs...he

gets paid 9 hrs straight time & 1 hr time & a half.....follow....that's why you see them busting balls in some areas...

The term 'driver release' for a package delivery also can mean 'Driver Runs' especially if he delivers a box like the 788 was in... grin

OP......good luck with your claim & finding a replacement stock....that sucks...had a busted stock a few yrs ago on a 1956 Marlin 39

Shipper refunded my full price of the rifle from Gun Broker...poor pack job......Fed Ex ground...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fed Ex guys are not required to open gates if they dont feel comfortable.

Also, they are not required to attempt delivery if they dont feel comfortable with the roads or weather.

I am MAGA.
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'm not sure if you can go to a ground terminal and pick things up ?
It happens at my freight terminal every day.
It would boggle your mind how many people order things, and when we show up, have no way to unload it off our trailers.
If I can't manage it with a lift gate, it goes back, and many times the customer shows up with a truck or a trailer, and our dock guys use a forklift to load it up.
Many times, things come in for dock pick up.

Do you have the terminals number? If so, and called, what did they say ?
I don't, but fully expect what you stated above; even if I show up - where the hell is the two boxes??? There's probably a few MILLION items there..

Called Home Depot - she said her screen says they should be here by end of day today.. I told her I have five bux that sez they won't... And I know that this particular time of year - what with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that shippers are overwhelmed... As long as they're here by the 24th, I'm ok.. It's my wife's medical stuff that really concerns me...

Lesson learned - do NOT NOT NOT order anything withing 10 days of those two shopping days...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good friend of mine worked for UPS for 15 years as a driver. He said he used to cringe when he would walk through the DC and watch how the grunts handled packages. He said what ever I do don't mark something as "fragile" He said almost all of those got extra special rough treatment.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As Jim Conrad said.
As a semi delivery driver, no I don't have to make deliveries to places I may get stuck, or can't get back out of safely.
Snow !
We are told chains are for the highway, not the drive way.
Can't make it ? Call customer. They can't, or wont come out and meet, it goes back to terminal until the roads clear up, or customer makes some kind of arrangements. A delivery item is not worth the value of a truck and trailer, nor the life or injuries of a driver.

IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pat85
In a hard case or not, someone had to put some effort in destroying that package. How do you bend a front sight like that by just throwing it on and off a truck???

I've wondered the same thing, but will never find out. I suspect it was run over by one of their delivery trucks or an 18 wheeler.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Our UPS driver, even with the runners this time of year, just will not put our packages on our covered front porch, he leans them up against the garage door, we've already had some packages get wet. Anyway, this was our last package when I got home, dog got a hold to it, not to mention the brick of cci 22 that was all over the yard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lee, I just went through the same with them. Called Gander's blueing outfit and told them never deliver via FedEx. They called back and said they had a contract with them and it wourl cost quite a bit more to deliver with USPS or UPS, would have to drive a long way to the post office. How about "Clik 'N Ship?? I waited all day for a package that was suposed to be here that day, never showed up, wasted a whole day.

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back when my brother was running the gun shop, he ordered a receiver from MidSouth, which of course qualified as a firearm, meaning it was supposed to be signed for upon delivery. Fed-Ex delivered it........but not to him. As far as I know, they never figured out what happened to it.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Fedex SUCKS here for delivery, UPS is much better.

UPS sucks here for shipping, Fedex works much better.

Such is life.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I also once sent a rifle to an FFL and ammo for said rifle to the guy purchasing it. Fedex delivered the rifle to the buyer and the ammo to the FFL.

Good times

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ordered some cbd distillate in hope of relief from pain.

Finally arrived w a pound of hemp flowers. 🤦🏼‍♂️

After some head scratching & closer inspection saw where the flowers were supposed to go to NYC. 😳

Honest mistake. Fbks AK, NYC People must get the two confused often. WTF. The ways of shipping remain a mystery to me.

Gonna flat rate the flowers to the dude via USPS

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you need a stock for a short action 788 i have one not doing anything.

If you still need one.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plainsman456
If you need a stock for a short action 788 i have one not doing anything.

If you still need one.

PM incoming.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

To my knowledge most all full time UPS delivery drivers are career drivers and members of the Teamsters union, whereas generally speaking, FedEx delivery drivers come and go, some stay long term but most don't and the last I knew are non union.

Don't know if they still are but the majority of FedEx Ground delivery drivers are (were?) essentially small business owners.They buy and maintain their own delivery vehicles, bid on delivery routes, get paid a percentage of each parcel. Some acquire additional routes, buy or lease more delivery vehicles and hire their own extra drivers to run those additional routes. A local woman FedEx delivery driver/owner owned several routes and delivery vehicles she sold to other FedEx Ground drivers when she retired.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.