Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman3
4-5 years ago, I was bitchin about how bad Fedex was and 1/2 the people that responded took up for them. How good they were, on time, etc. My how things have changed.

Me and ole renegade ran that bunch off.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
on 12/2 i ordered something from brownells, on 12/5 suppose to be here next day. I am still waiting. following fed ex moving it around the country it got to phx two days ago, and delivered to a U.S.P.S. for them to deliver it. I am still waiting.
brownells has this customer satisfaction survey. if i ever get that package, i am gonna pile it up on that survey.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Oldman3
4-5 years ago, I was bitchin about how bad Fedex was and 1/2 the people that responded took up for them. How good they were, on time, etc. My how things have changed.

Agreed.. It's the unintended consequences of a good economy. It's harder and harder to find reliable people who can pass both driving and drug tests.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
and even harder to find one that'll pass a GAF test.....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
and even harder to find one that'll pass a GAF test.....

True....very true. If someone has the "want to", you can teach them darn near anything.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Finally got one of the shipments yesterday.. Two still in limbo somewhere; wife's medical stuff is one of 'em... She called the outfit last night and they said they can use USPS but can't track the shipment... Total bullchit - every time I have something sent via USPS the clerk circles the tracking number on the receipt... I told her when she calls again tonight to let ME talk to that woman - and when she tells me they can't track a USPS box I'm gonna inform her in as tactful (yeah, right) manner as I can that she's full of chit...

Things are starting to look up......... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
on 12/2 i ordered something from brownells, on 12/5 suppose to be here next day. I am still waiting. following fed ex moving it around the country it got to phx two days ago, and delivered to a U.S.P.S. for them to deliver it. I am still waiting.
brownells has this customer satisfaction survey. if i ever get that package, i am gonna pile it up on that survey.

Brownell's uses Spee-Dee (sp?) delivery service and they've been unreal.. I ordered a 24# spring for a Ruger 77 yesterday. It got here at 11 am TODAY!!

This happens many times here with Brownell's... Rarely do items take more than 24-48 hours and they're in my paws... Can't beat 'em.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Finally got one of the shipments yesterday.. Two still in limbo somewhere; wife's medical stuff is one of 'em... She called the outfit last night and they said they can use USPS but can't track the shipment... Total bullchit - every time I have something sent via USPS the clerk circles the tracking number on the receipt... I told her when she calls again tonight to let ME talk to that woman - and when she tells me they can't track a USPS box I'm gonna inform her in as tactful (yeah, right) manner as I can that she's full of chit...

That's because they aren't taking it to the post office to ship it out. They're using their postage machine in the shipping room and have a daily pickup scheduled. No longwinded receipt with a tracking number on it, just weight, stamp and toss it in the pile with all the other packages going out.
We do it every single day here. I can get a tracking number, but then I have to send a driver to the post office, wait in line, ship and get that receipt with the tracking number. I'm happy to do it for you, but I have to charge you.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
UPS has made some errors with my stuff. Claimed they delivered a package on such and such a date and the driver even described driving across my bridge over the creek and where he left it. They just said someone must have taken it. Turned out it was delivered to my neighbor who has no bridge and who wasn't home when it was left off. He called me about it a day or two later.

USPS is the best where we live. We have a great carrier on our rural route and she goes out of her way to get oversize packages that won't fit in the mailbox up to the house which is a 1/4 mile from the road. Previous carrier wouldn't drive up here, said it was too far per their rules when in fact they are supposed to deliver up to 1/2 mile off the county road. I was glad when he retired.

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan

That's because they aren't taking it to the post office to ship it out. They're using their postage machine in the shipping room and have a daily pickup scheduled. No longwinded receipt with a tracking number on it, just weight, stamp and toss it in the pile with all the other packages going out.
We do it every single day here. I can get a tracking number, but then I have to send a driver to the post office, wait in line, ship and get that receipt with the tracking number. I'm happy to do it for you, but I have to charge you.
The customer gets an email from an online shipper - in the email is the tracking #...

I've gotten those before... Here's the link to the info:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

Here's the sentence there: "The shipping confirmation email you received from an online retailer"

Last edited by Redneck; 12/12/19.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Last January 1, I ordered an AR upper from Brownells. They are 3 hours away from me, in the same state.The package went from Grinnell to Otumwa(closest FEDX depot),to Chicago, to Lenexa KS, where it was handed off to USPS to deliver.....9 days later. I filled out their survey, but see nothing has changed.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The UPS has been hit or miss over the years.

I had 2 rifles coming from FT.Worth and one was left at the Sandy Land office in Plains.
I live 15 miles south of town.

The other was left at a vacant house there along with a large box of parts for my Land Crusier.

After a day of it not being here they said it was delivered at this house and guess what it was gone.

The box of parts was there and they were soaking wet.

The driver that day was a replacement and the regular guy was some kind of pissed because he did care about doing a good job.

The idiot i believe was fired after several more deliveries went to places they were not meant for.

Never herd if the ATF found the rifle.the customer finally got his money refunded.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
My grandmother worked my BB gun over like that, punishment for a culmination of many apparent offences.

I can imagine. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by 222Sako

Last January 1, I ordered an AR upper from Brownells. They are 3 hours away from me, in the same state.The package went from Grinnell to Otumwa(closest FEDX depot),to Chicago, to Lenexa KS, where it was handed off to USPS to deliver.....9 days later. I filled out their survey, but see nothing has changed.

That sounds like an issue on the shipper/seller end due to them using FedEx's "SmartPost" economy shipping option where a shipment is handed off to USPS for final delivery, rather than a FedEx issue. A lot of vendors are using "SmartPost" nowadays to save money. Pretty much anymore when you see "Free" or "Reduced" shipping advertised, most likely that's the shipping option used. (UPS has their version too called "SurePost")

FedEx SmartPost

UPS SurePost

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Sorry guys,
FedEx ground sucks balls.
I work for FedEx freight.
We are real FedEx employees, not contractors, like ground.
We do our best to go above and beyond.
Many of my customers are shocked at how fast items arrive.
One downfall to this shipping thing is, all items go to central hub centers, then put on other trucks to go out for delivery, or to go to other centers, then out for delivery.

How do people ship and keep stuff out of the contractors hands.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Sorry guys,
FedEx ground sucks balls.
I work for FedEx freight.
We are real FedEx employees, not contractors, like ground.
We do our best to go above and beyond.
Many of my customers are shocked at how fast items arrive.
One downfall to this shipping thing is, all items go to central hub centers, then put on other trucks to go out for delivery, or to go to other centers, then out for delivery.

How do people ship and keep stuff out of the contractors hands.

When/if you have a choice, choose an upgraded option shipping method, which will be at higher cost, of course. Personally, though, we never had any problems with incoming shipments via FedEx Ground but then we had an excellent young man delivery driver/owner that was beyond conscientious. At times we had hundreds of incoming packages at a single delivery. The FedEx Ground delivery driver/owners are FedEx employees as well, wear FedEx uniforms, trucks painted with FedEx logo, etc.

D
D
Originally Posted by gemby58
hope that rifle was insured for 3 times the buying price, I always over insure with UPS

Interesting of you to say something like this. BEWARE: gemby58 aka Greg Miller aka Gregory B. Gemberling

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I ordered THE Christmas gift for my daughter on 12/8. You know the one that Santa just has to bring? The number one gift of the year. Well, the website had a banner up - order by x date and it’s guaranteed there by Christmas. Now, granted, I live in Alaska, but they still told me two weeks tops using FedEx and I placed the order a week before their deadline.

So I start watching the tracking information and it makes it to Washington in about 5 days (from Massachusetts). It sat in the same city for 2 days before it moved again. Then it moved to another city that’s about 175 miles away, still in Washington. At that point, it sat there for another three days before the tracking information updated and said expected delivery was 12/30. It has since updated to something along the lines of having been turned over to USPS and tracking information is no longer available.

Obviously I wasn’t happy so I called FedEx and was told it would be turned over to the local post office because the seller chose the Smartpost option to save money. I can understand that when shipping a large item to Alaska. And, to be fair, the original delivery date was before Christmas so I don’t fault the company for choosing that method.

Now what is going to piss me off is the USPS. We live on what they refer to as a “contracted rural route,” even though I’m about 3 miles from the post office (and downtown) and live in a neighborhood across the street from one of the biggest high schools in the area. Because of this, their contracted delivery driver, who isn’t a sure enough USPS employee, rather a 1099 employee just delivering mail, has THE CHOICE whether or not she wants to deliver our packages. So any time we have a package coming, if it’s something bigger than about a shoe box, if it’s cold that day, if there has been snow within the last month, etc., this lazy woman (we’ve met in the driveway, she’s insanely worthless) will decide she doesn’t want to bring it to the house and then I’ll get an update that says “Delivery attempted, no one available to receive package.”

We then have to go to the post office to pick up our packages which kinda defeats the purpose, but I get it. My rant is that even if this Christmas gift gets here in time to make it under the tree, which is highly unlikely at this point, it’s going to sit at the post office rather than being delivered. IF that woman decides to do some paperwork, we might know it’s there and be able to grab it before Christmas; but it probably won’t happen and because of the way it’s all played out, I now have no way to track it. I’ve got a crisp $20 that says those 5 days it hung out in Washington are going to end up being critical when it’s all said and done.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Just last week our local postmaster told me that even when FedEx and UPS hand-offs to the USPS do arrive earlier than estimated final delivery date they are not allowed to scan them into tracking information as received and ready for pickup/delivery until the estimated date of delivery.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Great.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.