Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by Boxerdog

Setting up a .Tikka T3 in .270 Win for the Girlfriend who is about to graduate nursing school in the spring. She isnt a new shooter, but I would like to lessen the recoil for her and not having any experience with the .270 win, I was wondering if there is any recoil difference between the 130, 140 and 150 grain bullet loadings? The rifle will be a whitetail and hog gun, with ranges under 300 yards. Thoughts and Opinions?

I'd get her a good recoil pad installed at her LOP (if there is not one already in place) and try some Hornady Lite SST ammo, or possibly the Remington Managed Recoil. Zero it at 200yds (2" high at 100, about 9" low at 300). Let her shoot a fair bit of that for the first year or so, then move up to standard 130gr loads later, after she gets comfortable with the rifle. Easy process. The 270win is still a great pick for your intended role, even though there are new choices available.

That’s what I’d do.....

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Fhuqktards are a hoot. Proficiency is arranged in only one way and that is trigger time. Hint. Congratulations?!?

223 ammo is abundant and simply incredibly effective,if given even a passing thunk. The 270 has never really been worth a fhuqk,still isn't and it's funnier than fhuqk that Droolers are too Stupid to savvy same. A Newb,is never going to steer 270 Win bullets,as well as 223 Rem bullets and that simplistic FACT,bears more than a little fruition. When shooting is FUN,the learning curve is accelerated muchly and in the applications cited,the Deadtitude of the Critters,will simply increase as percentages go,due the mild mannerisms and time spent yerking a 223's trigger. Hint.

Swapping stocks,swapping pads,pulling spark plug wires and all of the rest of your Retardation...is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! The only thing you Stupid Fhuqks shoot,is your mouths and Imagination and I enjoy the magnificent hilarity of you wishing to prove same obliviously,at every fhuqking opportunity. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make sure to top that Tikka with good Talley rings and a nice Leupold scope.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like everyone has said if sticking with the 270 go with the 110 grain bullets, especially the barnes tsx but the others work as well. If you aren't set on the 270 and are wanting to spend more time shooting as well as hunting the 223 will do it but jumping to a 243 caliber might be necessary depending on state laws for hunting and does give some additional oomph for hunting. You might find a 6mm creedmore or even standard 243 that would work great. The lighter weight bullets in the 270 will certainly work but for more fun shooting with lesser recoil the smaller calibers will be a good choice.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear that both 223 Rem and 264 Grendel Krunchentickers,readily ship in adjustable stocks. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Given Today's Political Climate,they's also likely to arrange a whole LOT of bang,for the bucks. Pun be intended. Hint.

I get it,that Boobs don't get it and never will...mainly because Stupidity is THE gift that keeps on giving. As performance/terminal affects to recoil ratio goes,the 270 is simply a rather poor fhuqking choice,just as the '06 is. Fortunately,plagiarism is free,so you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

1000 Words,if only for perspective and the humor is there,but for reasons beyond Droolers' collective "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to discern. Oblivious humor,is never not the absolute BEST and you Retards deal it in glorious fashion. Google it. Hint.

LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Scheming a Trick Rifle to dupe a Newb,is a fhuqking HILARIOUS "approach" and I enjoy the lengths you Clueless Kchunts will go,to avoid actually shooting. That,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying and the fact that your BEST,never wanes in it's Epic Fhuqking Comedy Gold.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You can go to this site and calculate your recoil energy. i think that the most important thing is to get a good recoil pad if your rifle doesn't have a good one.

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/recoil-calculator.php

Last edited by 14Homer; 12/11/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
From my limited experience with Tikka's the best thing to do is replace the recoil pad. How it fits her is important too. As others have said the more going out the barrel the more recoil. That is the cartridge and rifle my B-in-L got for his kids. I haven't heard any complaints from them.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I thought that this discussion was about the recoil level between different loads? The T3 is a modern gun with a good recoil pad.

I start my kids out on Remington reduced recoil ammo and get them used to the gun. Every time they ask to shoot the 180g hunting load by the time we're finished. It is a great option to have ammo choices that covers such a wide range.

Last edited by MM879; 12/11/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll happily take one bullet and do it all...less any of your Drooling Retardation. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There's much to be said for a single load,that will happily do it all,a mounting system that'll weather the literal storm and glass that tracks/holds zero. Conjoin same with minimal recoil,minimal noise,minimal cost and terminal effects well beyond what a Drooler "thinks" and dots are connected by literal default. Such things tend to arrange Trigger Time,bolster Fun and improve proficiency in a very "unfair" way. Hint.

Kids can happily rattle through 50-100rds of 223 Fodder in an outing,with smiles on faces,hoping to shoot more. That whether Krunchenticker or Turnbolt. When is the last time,one of you Fhuqktards shot 100rds of 270 in an outing? Besides fhuqking NEVER. You DUMB Kchunts don't shoot that "much" in a year. Hint.

Let a kid/Newb/anyone rattle 900yd steel with a 223 on their first try and they are not going to say "that wasn't Fun",or "I'd rather not do that again". The ONLY reason this schit is soooooooo fhuqking funny,is because you Fhuqktards are trying your BEST. Hint. LAUGHING!

Your mind numbing STUPIDITY,is simply off the fhuqking charts.

Hint.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
And the question is STILL how to use what they have for what they want do do. Go cut wood and stfu

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Maybe if you "READ" the OP's question again you will be able to understand a simple question that has been answered by many.

The only information I would trust from Stick is "which type of welding rod to use for attaching scope mounts" . Retardation.........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is a great Unjustice to the unsuspecting,to condone outright fhuqking STUPIDITY...though you Drooltards are powerless in the refrain of same. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks,never disappoint in oblivious humor,as quantified by your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Hint.

Bless your hearts for crying,you Whining Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqks.

Hint.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Can anybody translate stinkys droolspeek?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like a few others, I’d go with the 110 gr bullets and load them on the light side.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

He is saying beating up a kid with recoil can be easily avoided. Throw a .223 in their hands and turn them loose. Pretty simple, actually.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

He is saying beating up a kid with recoil can be easily avoided. Throw a .223 in their hands and turn them loose. Pretty simple, actually.

The OP is talking about an adult woman, not a kid, and didn't ask about the 223... pretty simple actually.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
6mm,

Ain't it a Hoot,that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit? Hint. Congratulations?!?

You yet again "forgot" about your "heralded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore,you poor poor(literally) Drooling Dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying and like YOU could "afford" a rifle.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Kchountry,

Flinches and Bad Habits are easier to instill,than to unwind and your recipe for disaster,is HILARIOUS. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Brad,

It is far more simplistic than that and never not fhuqking Hilarious,that you are too fhuqking STUPID to grasp the crux. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'd buy the video,of you trying to fill a glass of water by yourself. You Droolers never fhuqking disappoint. Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

The OP is talking about an adult woman, not a kid, and didn't ask about the 223... pretty simple actually.

The question wasn't what the OP was saying. Even more basic.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Basically what Stick up his ASSHAT is trying to say is that he shoots them all and than some, though mostly his mouth, but if you shoot anything other than a 223 your stupid........even though Stick up his ASSHAT shoots them ALL!

If the retarded Alaskan didn't say schit that is literally unbelievably STUPID he might actually be taken serious someday! For now he just a retard that continually druels spew from his mouth as he types with his frantic little fingers comments to people who don't care😂😂😂

55 grains of H4831SC and a 130 has been an accurate easy recoiling load in my 270s

Last edited by Trystan; 12/11/19.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Page 2 of 25 1 2 3 4 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (222Sako, 22kHornet, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,601
Posts18,492,258
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.