Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Yeah, I figured I could get a rise out of a few of you cranky old bastards............

I was in a hurry at the time I replied to your post about getting a rise out of us or I would have said you did a good job on that no better than you loo.., uh, without having boobs. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/11/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The judge will probably chew their asses ... And maybe send em out to pick up trash on the roadside for eight hours.

what if they find an interest in collecting roadkill like Jeffery DaHmer had...?

I know ,.. better send them into the military to straighten them out!...except that Dahmer served as a combat medic with honorable discharge..lol.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by ERK
But it’s ok to rope a calf at a dead run then brand him and cut his nuts off. Ok got it. Ed k

Livestock is raised to go to slaughter, that is their only purpose for being alive, so roping them and cutting their nuts off is totally OK.

lol

We always run 'em into a squeeze chute and use castrating bands in place of a rope and a knife, but both roads lead to the same place in the end.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by ERK
But it’s ok to rope a calf at a dead run then brand him and cut his nuts off. Ok got it. Ed k

Livestock is raised to go to slaughter, that is their only purpose for being alive, so roping them and cutting their nuts off is totally OK.

lol

We always run 'em into a squeeze chute and use castrating bands in place of a rope and a knife, but both roads lead to the same place in the end.

ERK needs to be restricted to Bull.

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Hell, it ain't like the boys are walking down the street punching defenseless old men and women in the head hoping to give them a concussion.

Heck, being in Harney Co, the deer is damned lucky the boys kept their zippers closed. Who knows how long it has been since they saw a woman who was not their Mom or sister.

Well, it wasnt a doe. wink

That does not always make a difference to young men from Eastern Oregon. I have worked with a bunch of them for forty years.

For safety's sake always take your break, backed up into a corner.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Let's keep things in perspective. I grew up on a farm on the Utah/Idaho border. We had a silage pit with cement sides and full of corn silage. In the morning (winter time), when we'd feed the cows the deer would be bedded down in the silage (they liked the heat I guess). My younger brother and I would bundle up in heavy coats and play middle linebacker, trying to tackle the deer as they tried to get out the open end of the silage pit. Those suckers could hit!

Tarquin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Let's keep things in perspective. I grew up on a farm on the Utah/Idaho border. We had a silage pit with cement sides and full of corn silage. In the morning (winter time), when we'd feed the cows the deer would be bedded down in the silage (they liked the heat I guess). My younger brother and I would bundle up in heavy coats and play middle linebacker, trying to tackle the deer as they tried to get out the open end of the silage pit. Those suckers could hit!

Hahaha. Great story. No one would ever imagine.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The bonus on cutting calves is you get Rocky Mountain Oysters so it’s all good. Lol chill out guys. My brother once lassoed a moose and took it to his garage. He was starving and just about dead. We got him warmed up and fed for a few days but then decided he didn’t like us anymore. Turned him loose hoping he would live. Ed k

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ERK
The bonus on cutting calves is you get Rocky Mountain Oysters so it’s all good. Lol chill out guys. My brother once lassoed a moose and took it to his garage. He was starving and just about dead. We got him warmed up and fed for a few days but then decided he didn’t like us anymore. Turned him loose hoping he would live. Ed k

When we want Mountain Oysters, we just buy a 10 pound frozen package of them for about $20.

The vet that we used recommended going to the bands 'cause he said that it was less stressful on the animal and less likely to become infected.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 24 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.