Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've had the flu shot in October.
Doesn't mean I no longer I have to wash my hands.

From what I understand it's a guess at best if they match the vaccine with what they think will be the predominant strain for the season. That and the critter mutates as the season progresses.

I yield to better, more intelligent explanation of its characteristics

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just stay away from people as much as possible. It gets easier every year.

Wipe shopping cart handles. Wash your hands well. Don't touch your face while out in public.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had the flu shot.

Probably for the last 10 years,

Maybe longer.

I haven't had the flu during that time.

Didn't have any other repercussions either............that I know of.

Just sayin'

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by battue
You don't necessary get a flu shot just for you. Infants and the elderly can become seriously ill if they contact the flu. Most of the time, the shot if it doesn't give complete immunity will lesson the severity.

So, the shot may benefit you, your Kid, Grandkids and Grandparents more than you realize.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/when-young-adults-get-flu-shots-older-adults-benefit-best/

No.

Prove it.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You don't necessary get a flu shot just for you. Infants and the elderly can become seriously ill if they contact the flu. Most of the time, the shot if it doesn't give complete immunity will lesson the severity.

So, the shot may benefit you, your Kid, Grandkids and Grandparents more than you realize.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/when-young-adults-get-flu-shots-older-adults-benefit-best/

No.

Prove it.

We need less boomers. Now go get your poison.

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

You might need that link though, keep it handy.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/12/19.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I've had the flu shot.

Probably for the last 10 years,

Maybe longer.

I haven't had the flu during that time.

Didn't have any other repercussions either............that I know of.

Just sayin'

Geno

You wouldn't know a reprocussion if it b bbbb bb bb b bbbbbbbbbit your a a aaaa aaaasss off!

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I Had a sore throat and chills for 2 day's, a week after getting the shot this year. Nothing immobilizing or anywhere near having a full blown case of the flu. Haven't been able to get the senior dose for the last 3 years... maybe a good thing, the way I understand it is that the senior dose doesn't cover as many strains as the regular dose.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flu sucks. However, I'll take the shot every year and not whinge about it.

2013 was the last time I got the flu. I'd taken the shot in October. It came in February. I was sent home from work. This was the time Angus found me delirious in bed. There was this raccoon walking across the top of the TV, and he was angry with me. I had a 103 fever. It took me 2 weeks before I could work again.

The last thing I want it another visit from THAT. I'll take the shot.

Stop whinging, y'all. It ain't pretty.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You had to wait two months? Should have gotten that high dose Fluzone, you could've gotten the flu four times faster.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
59 and cannot remember having the flu in 20 years... never had the shot either.... last time I got the flu it was probably from being out all night and around lots of people...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I just stay away from people as much as possible. It gets easier every year.

Wipe shopping cart handles. Wash your hands well. Don't touch your face while out in public.

This. Many times more effective than a vaccine vis a vis the flu. The flu constantly mutates, so getting the right vaccine is about like winning in roulette. Vaccine science makes sense only for non-mutating viruses like polio and smallpox. They could develop a common cold vaccine every year if they chose to, but there's little point in it, because no one is so afraid of the common cold that they'd get a vaccine for it. It would likely be about as effective at stopping the common cold as the flu vaccine is at stopping the flu.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

No.

Prove it.

Thanks, you made my point.

“How many petitions have been awarded compensation?
According to the CDC, from 2006 to 2017 over 3.4 billion doses of covered vaccines were distributed in the U.S. For petitions filed in this time period, 5,589 petitions were adjudicated by the Court, and of those 3,794 were compensated. This means for every 1 million doses of vaccine that were distributed, 1 individual was compensated.”

That would be for all vaccines, not just the one for the flu.

Addition here: The majority of flu Vaccine paid claims were for a shoulder injury resulting from administrative technique. Which had nothing to do with the the safety of the vaccine.

Going outside must be a daily major decision for you. “Should I, no maybe not, what if, should I shoot today, drive, what if, but I really need to see my shrink. No, no, no. I best get back in bed.” Good luck

You have kids? Did you or will you get them vaccinated for things like polio? Think hard now

Last edited by battue; 12/12/19.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Terryk
My wife is a nurse, and she said that the flu shot missed the mark this year.
They miss it EVERY year....
They try to predict the next flu strain, but they guessed wrong.
They ALWAYS guess it wrong..

She is required to get one due to her job, and she always wants me to get one, but this year she said pass.
I pass 'em up EVERY year... Never got one - never will... Pizz on that crap....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you pays your money and you takes your chances. There are no guarantees with doctors or pharmacists

Sam......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
you pays your money and you takes your chances. There are no guarantees with doctors or pharmacists

Got that right. Health care decisions, the ones you make on your own and the ones you allow others to make for you, have a large component of “what are the odds.” Much like was shown with the vaccine issue.

Most individuals are poor handicappers on their own. Which is why most are willing to visit the rattle shakers.

Addition: And when the make bad bets on their own, they run to the voodoo man.

Last edited by battue; 12/12/19.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
A good friend of my father's has polio. You should talk to him about vaccines and how they are a big govt conspiracy. Tin foil hat mfers.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, he never had a chance. Some here got the flu shot and came down with the sniffles. Woe is them......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No.

Prove it.

Thanks, you made my point.

“How many petitions have been awarded compensation?
According to the CDC, from 2006 to 2017 over 3.4 billion doses of covered vaccines were distributed in the U.S. For petitions filed in this time period, 5,589 petitions were adjudicated by the Court, and of those 3,794 were compensated. This means for every 1 million doses of vaccine that were distributed, 1 individual was compensated.”

That would be for all vaccines, not just the one for the flu.

Addition here: The majority of flu Vaccine paid claims were for a shoulder injury resulting from administrative technique. Which had nothing to do with the the safety of the vaccine.

Going outside must be a daily major decision for you. “Should I, no maybe not, what if, should I shoot today, drive, what if, but I really need to see my shrink. No, no, no. I best get back in bed.” Good luck

You have kids? Did you or will you get them vaccinated for things like polio? Think hard now

Actually I do phhhucktard and have witnessed one of them almost die from a vaccine. Which of course was a fluke......of course. Gfy. Feel free to get an extra flu shot..

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/12/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Unfortunately it was a fluke.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by edapp
A good friend of my father's has polio. You should talk to him about vaccines and how they are a big govt conspiracy. Tin foil hat mfers.

Different situation. For polio, vaccines make perfect sense. It’s non-mutating.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.