Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Anyone got one yet? Thoughts of it so far? It looks very versatile and user friendly.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I ordered one the day they became available. Looks like a more robust version of the Mystery Ranch Mule, which I really like. I’ve had the Reckoning and the Nomad 2. Very happy with the Nomad 2 but I think the Stryker will be an improvement when in day hunt mode. I’ll use the OR 55L dry bag for hauling in camp.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by prm
I ordered one the day they became available. Looks like a more robust version of. Mystery Ranch Mule, which I really like. I’ve had the Reckoning and the Nomad 2. Very happy with the Nomad 2 but I think the Stryker will be an improvement when in day hunt mode. I’ll use the OR 55L dry bag for hauling in camp.

I almost puller the trigger. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it once you get it. I hear they are starting to ship.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In all my years of using Kifaru stuff, I've never bought a bag. Just a frame and a cargo panel. A light duffel behind the panel is all I've ever needed. Sometimes I just toss my daypack in there, and wear the frame. I can always hand carry the daypack if I need to use the frame for meat. The Stryker has me re-thinking this bag business.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
leave the Antero at home.....

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
In all my years of using Kifaru stuff, I've never bought a bag. Just a frame and a cargo panel. A light duffel behind the panel is all I've ever needed. Sometimes I just toss my daypack in there, and wear the frame. I can always hand carry the daypack if I need to use the frame for meat. The Stryker has me re-thinking this bag business.....

I am pretty much in your shoes. Looks like it could be a game changer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm close to trying one, but I've always preferred to have everything in the bag and never cab get things the way I want them on a shelf.

I always think I'll like them better, but come back to the Mtn Warrior. I'll still probably give one a try!

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Looks a lot like a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab which I have used for years and like. The idea is a good system. I’d like to try a Kifaru as I’ve only heard great stuff.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
leave the Antero at home.....

What... love my Antero

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’m going to buy one

Love the idea of throwing it on my Lite frame for a true daypack/packout option without a giant bag.

Drink and be merry for soldiers die for your freedoms.

Semper Fidelis!
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by addicted
I’m going to buy one

Love the idea of throwing it on my Lite frame for a true daypack/packout option without a giant bag.

I am with you on that! I'll have one in time for Spring Bear Season.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by addicted
I’m going to buy one

I am with you on that! I'll have one in time for Spring Bear Season.

Yes sir

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Reckoning bag, but even taking just daypack essentials it’s still quite cumbersome through thick stuff.
Stryker will keep it leaner...

Drink and be merry for soldiers die for your freedoms.

Semper Fidelis!
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Basically the Nomad 2 works the same way. You can easily carry a large bag with camp, gear, etc., then once camp is set up you have a much smaller pack for the day hunting. Once you have an elk down you can carry as much meat as you choose. Really works well. I just like the idea of a single bag, vice two on the Nomad, and the way they allow you to connect the bag such that you compress it, or not. It will be quite a bit more compact and secure in day mode compared to the Nomad. The Stryker is exactly the setup I wanted (from what I can tell so far) after using the MR Mule one season. The MR is a great pack, but it does not feel as good as the Kifaru with a lot of weight on it. I was able to pack out an entire deboned Muley buck including the head but that was at the edge of comfort. The Kifaru distributes weight so well. My hip flexors, knees, etc. are the limiting factors, not the shoulder straps, waist belt or anything related to comfort and the pack.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

Same way I roll for most hunts, but use a bag for more than a 2-3 days, a cargo panel is pretty versatile though!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Just checked out the Stryker, looks well thought out and another good option for day hunts, nice to have options......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here we are 15 years later and we're back to the MR Crew Cab. Way more user friendly frame than the NICE, strikes me as kinda funny though.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SnowyMountaineer
Here we are 15 years later and we're back to the MR Crew Cab. Way more user friendly frame than the NICE, strikes me as kinda funny though.

Only it's not a Crew Cab!

Concept wise sure, design layout not so much.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Looks like a very nice and useful pack. Concept and size wise, it seems like direct competition for the Pop Up 28 with a few more goodies.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm replacing my DT1 with the Stryker. The DT was just too cumbersome in day mode. It compressed well but was a bit of a pain to get stuff out of the main bag. I only do short trips here in the east and for a 5-7 day trip I'll add a OR dry bag or get the camp bag (wish it had a zipper). Ordered Thursday and should get it sometime after the new year.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Stryker looks, dare I say, ideal?

I like the cargo panel, nomad and mountain rambler. But the Stryker looks to have combined the best features of each of them.
Oh, boy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 3,278 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.