Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MOGC
I asked Rick Menefee twice to put my name on his list and he acknowledged that he did. That was probably six or seven years ago. Never heard from him. I have owned several Menefee knives bought here on the classifieds. Good knives, however I moved them all on except for one folder. I don't care one way or another, Menefee doesn't make anything special that other makers don't do as well. Ingram and May have always been reliable in their communication and make great knives for me.

I hate to say it but I had a very bad transaction actually it was two knives but I'll call it one transaction with May. I will never use him again and I can not ever recommend him. Which is too bad because up to that time I had nothing but positive experiences with him. When you take an order and accept it and then don't deliver it and instead deliver something else that is unacceptable. Then you tell me that you can't heat treat 3/32 stock! Mind blowing right there. I sent the knife he sent me back to him. Asked him to apply that payment to the second knife order and again he tried to send me a knife not to my spec's. Mean while this is over the course of three plus years! Totally unacceptable. The knife he finally did send me still wasn't exactly what I ordered. It is for sale in the classifieds now.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I appreciate the kind words and apologize to those I have let down.

For those that want to know why:

It was never my intention to take this much time off from finishing knives for folks. When we moved in 2015 we ended up renting for a while then building a home and a shop where I could make knives. My day job has me traveling a lot in the warmer months so my availability for working in the shop is in the winter. I installed a heater and started getting set up to work but the heater burned up and luckily contained the electrical fire inside itself. I just purchased a new heater and hope to get it up and running soon.

It has not been just logistical challenges, life has also thrown us some curve balls. We started fostering two years ago and have had a bunch of extra kiddos around. We had some extended family that needed our help this year. We had 11 folks in the house until we built them some living space in my shop so my knife space had to move.

I am sorry for the poor communication with those expecting knives. Feel free to PM me here if you would like as I’m having issues with my website email.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joel made me a knife a few years ago. Turned out exactly how I wanted it. Used it on a few deer and a moose. Gifted it this fall to a good friend that has done me favors over the years. He was wanting a Custom knife so I gave him mine. My transaction with Joel was great and when he decides to start building again I would buy another.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
I appreciate the kind words and apologize to those I have let down.

For those that want to know why:

It was never my intention to take this much time off from finishing knives for folks. When we moved in 2015 we ended up renting for a while then building a home and a shop where I could make knives. My day job has me traveling a lot in the warmer months so my availability for working in the shop is in the winter. I installed a heater and started getting set up to work but the heater burned up and luckily contained the electrical fire inside itself. I just purchased a new heater and hope to get it up and running soon.

It has not been just logistical challenges, life has also thrown us some curve balls. We started fostering two years ago and have had a bunch of extra kiddos around. We had some extended family that needed our help this year. We had 11 folks in the house until we built them some living space in my shop so my knife space had to move.

I am sorry for the poor communication with those expecting knives. Feel free to PM me here if you would like as I’m having issues with my website email.

Joel Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Like I said in my original post Joel is a good guy. Joel I hope your new job is going well for you. Congratulations on the new house. I hope that you are back up and making knives again soon. You are a talented guy and provide a great knife at a very reasonable price.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sounds like a good enough guy to me, with a few extra hurdles in life.
Good luck getting back into some sort of normal routine.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have one of Joel's knives I bought from him here on the 'fire 5+ years ago. It's identical to the top one in blue except mine has black micarta scales with red liners. I believe that is his bird & trout model...

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Joel Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Like I said in my original post Joel is a good guy. Joel I hope your new job is going well for you. Congratulations on the new house. I hope that you are back up and making knives again soon. You are a talented guy and provide a great knife at a very reasonable price.

Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

I appreciate your support and encouragement.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I EDC these two quite a lot. The little one does A LOT of work.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free pic uploader

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Very nice set there!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by geedubya
10/4

Several years ago I contacted Joel and commissioned a knife. Once I and a maker agree on the style, and composition, I do not change anything, nor do I constantly contact them to get updates.My memory is suspect these days but it was probably two years before I heard that he had had a fire and or was not making knives. I happened to score this one here.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

Its a sweetie-pie.

ya!

GWB

I got that same knife 5 years ago or so. One of my all time favorites.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (160user, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.