Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Roy just wondering do the bears Hibernate, where you hunt them? Iv been told that they dont den up here till end of december, 1st part of January. Winter started here about the middle of Oct. this year Here!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They hibernate here.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlering
Roy just wondering do the bears Hibernate, where you hunt them? Iv been told that they dont den up here till end of december, 1st part of January. Winter started here about the middle of Oct. this year Here!

The sows usually go in before the boars.

There is usually a period when the sows have gone in and the boars are still out.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
3031 powder and a 150 grain semi round nose of some flavor or another. I never did know what brand the bullet is. I pulled them from some old 308 loads. I have no illusions that I am a bit on the light side for the size bear I'm after. What the Savage lacks in power it makes up for in a withering rate of fire.

At least that what I'm hoping, three in the boiler, one in the chest as he's running at me, then the last one for myself.

There's basically an unlimited amount of ground to hunt, more than my knee will allow!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Roy, always hunt dangerous game with a partner. then it is 3 in the boiler room, 1 in the chest, and the 5th goes in your partners knee. at least thats how i do it. wanna come over and hunt woolfs with me? grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=deerstalker
Roy, always hunt dangerous game with a partner. then it is 3 in the boiler room, 1 in the chest, and the 5th goes in your partners knee. at least thats how i do it. wanna come over and hunt woolfs with me? grin[/quote]

Yes I do. Is this our year?

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
there is a trapper working the North East slope of my mountain this year. we haven't got squat for snow yet but would probably have to chase them on snow machines if they stay up in the meadows. i will ask the trapper how he is doing. have only seen 3 sets of wolf tracks down around here since june.
getting a little snow tonight, if my Boss will let me out and about tomorrow i will set some cameras where they usually run.
this trapper got a total of 21 last year so he should know where they are hanging.
My partner lost 6 head this year that didn't come down from the meadows. 3 cows and their calves.
wolves like to pull down a calf then bunch up on the cow when she comes in to help.
we never found any sign of them but there is some nasty country up there we didn't go through.
personally i suspect wolves with a stock trailer and a meat contract .

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.