Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If you had to, which would you choose?

Laffin’
Compare NH’s laws/Constitution to others, including the South.

Y’all can give us the ‘Yankee’ [bleep] all you want, but NH still stands well in front of most where individual liberty is concerned.

Yeah, from what little I know of NH, it rates pretty high in individual liberty and was chosen for the Free State Project. I actually know very few people from NH and they were all military guys I served with. I think Daniel Webster and Massad Ayoob are probably the most famous New Hampsheahmen I'm aware of. It seems that those from there tend to stay there rather than migrate to other places. I probably know more folks in AK from ME than just about any other state. VT seems to be a state of weird contrasts. The problem with all three is you have to cross enemy territory to get to them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
There's a few guys around here gonna hate me for this, as they want to keep the whole State to themselves....................but last I checked ........................

Southeast AK is still on the West Coast, no?

Geno

Geno wins.

I had the same thought. Been there, lived it for a decade, wouldn’t mind doing it again if I had a good sized pile of money and some way to replenish that pile.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never been farther east than Minot, ND and that was 25 years ago so it would have to be west coast.

That and my wife grew up living on the west coast.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
San Diego would work if I had to.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
New England is beautiful, has a great economy, offers world class fishing, has vast reserves of open space, is steeped in history and it’s landscapes, and has lots of thriving gun clubs, but it suffers under a liberal political paradigm. I’ve had some of my best days duck hunting in New England and I grew up diver duck hunting on the Great Lakes. If you’re willing to travel to it’s northern most edges, you’ll have a chance at the best partridge and woodcock hunting on the planet. Unlike in California, gun regulation in Massachusetts is much more bark than bite. To a significant extent, I attribute this to New England’s legal system’s much older foundations and it being the historic center of the US gun industry. Neither of which will ultimately save it, particularly as the latter wanes into darkness. We’re going through a major cultural shift in America and like it or not, what’s being seen on the coasts is a blueprint for the future. These are the battle grounds and they deserve the support of anyone who cares about these issues. The liberals know this and pour in outside resources.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pennsylvania or Maine

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Pennsylvania or Maine

Pennsylvania is not New England, but it thanks you for the compliment!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I spent a month in New England one summer. Beautiful part of the world with excellent food. I really enjoyed the old houses friends of my host lived in, amazing to me that houses built in the 1780’s were still being lived in.

But ultimately I felt too crowded and there just wasn’t enough room for me to want to do any hunting up there even though I was invited back for deer season. Those guys’ “hunting land” places were smaller than our hay meadows.

It was a wonderful experience and I’d like to visit again.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Pennsylvania or Maine

Pennsylvania is not New England, but it thanks you for the compliment!

I kinda dislike PA from driving across it.......but I’ll formally offer to trade PA for CT !

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I loved being stationed in Wa State 88-95. Great hunting, fishing, skiing and other outdoors stuff but as bad as the liberal influx was then it has gotten worse. Now that all rule of law being is created out of Seattle and King County regardless of what the rest of the citizens want the result is mind boggling taxes and over regulation.

As my wife and I discussed potential retirement locations I did a lot of work figuring out where the things we like are (hunt, fish, ski, history, good medical care, mountains, lots of public land) and how that aligned with places with no large urban areas for the dazzling liberal urbanites to ruin the rest of a rural state the answer became obvious. New Hampshire.

Closing in rapidly on 3 years to the move.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and seat belts are optional over 18 years of age!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd consider the West coast of Florida.
I'm already on the West coast of the Atlantic Ocean though.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent, I know from your posts that you love the outdoors.

I grew up in that area, and can hardly stand to go back for visits to remaining family members. And the beaches and fishing I love. Too many people, no more shooting (or very few places) on public land, too many people. My brother just texted us the other night, it's taking him 1.5 to 2 hrs to get from where he's working to home at night, a trip that used to take me only 45 mins to an hour when I left there in '91, and it only took about 25 minutes on a Saturday morning when I went body surfing.

I told my wife 15 years or so ago, if she got rich enough to buy us a nice place west of the I5 in Encinitas, where I could go to the beach every day, ride my bicycle to the grocery store and local taco shop.........then I might consider living in San Diego again.

I hope you never "have to" live there, but that's just me.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
New Hampshire or Maine, because of the above mentioned, and also because, tho I could never live there, NY State is so friggin beautiful. I could leave the handgun at home and visit.

I like Pa. too. Any state that has free state parks and “Public Hunting Lands” clearly marked all over can’t be all bad.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
New England by a large margin.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Death by oga de boogadee

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I already live in NE - oops - that's NE New Mexico !
And there will be icecycles hanging off the hinges to the gates of Hell, before I move! smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent, I know from your posts that you love the outdoors.

I grew up in that area, and can hardly stand to go back for visits to remaining family members. And the beaches and fishing I love. Too many people, no more shooting (or very few places) on public land, too many people. My brother just texted us the other night, it's taking him 1.5 to 2 hrs to get from where he's working to home at night, a trip that used to take me only 45 mins to an hour when I left there in '91, and it only took about 25 minutes on a Saturday morning when I went body surfing.

I told my wife 15 years or so ago, if she got rich enough to buy us a nice place west of the I5 in Encinitas, where I could go to the beach every day, ride my bicycle to the grocery store and local taco shop.........then I might consider living in San Diego again.

I hope you never "have to" live there, but that's just me.

Geno

Thanks Geno...

Being 5 1/2 hours away from San Diego I have visited often, sometimes taking the wife for a getaway or a boat out tuna fishing. I like California itself, just not most the people living there. I also have no problem heading down into Mexico fishing the Baja or Pacific, I know most that don't go down there are scared of it but I'd live in Mexico running a boat on the Baja before living in the east. I picked up a Boston Whaler that I will outfit for saltwater fishing. Will hit Huntington beach where my niece lives and we visit often, she loves fishing, maybe San Diego bay for sand bass and definitely Baja where I love to fish.

I don't ever plan to move from Az as I'm close to chit I like and living in chit I love, but if I had to it'd be San Diego.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
New Hampshire and Vermont (that latter originally called the “New Hampshire Grants”) were originally Scots Irish all the way, what the American South might have been without the curse of Slavery.

No accident that the NH state motto is “Live Free or Die”, thank the Scots-Irish for that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (222Sako, 204guy, 219DW, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.