-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If property taxes aren't an issue, NW Connecticut, Western Massachusetts, Vermont, Northern New Hampshire. Maine is a great state, and apart from ocean front property, taxes aren't too bad. I could do any of them.

There are also plenty of places in Oregon and California I could live. Just turn off the local news...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Vermont and New Hampshire are beautiful states and have good gun laws. I've been to Washington and Oregon. Didn't particularly care for either and the gun laws suck.

There's a lot to not like about Oregon, but please do tell about the gun laws. The county I live in is a 2nd Amendment sanctuary and is as conservative as anywhere I lived in Utah, possibly even more so. There's not a single firearm I couldn't own/possess here if I wanted. No magazine restrictions, no waiting periods, instant background checks, plus no sales tax.

I can buy a Sportsman's Pack with upland game, turkey, cougar, bear, deer, elk, fishing, and crabbing licenses, with plenty of opportunity for all. Bay fishing/crabbing in my backyard (can't do the ocean because I get seasick). World-class steelhead and smallmouth bass fishing in the rivers. Like I said before, there's plenty to dislike about Oregon, but if you like the outdoors, there's plenty to do and see. Just have to avoid Potland, Eugene, and Ashland.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Choose wisely. Don't pick a state with a big debt mountain and who is being held hostage by unfunded union contracts.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WTM45
Choose wisely. Don't pick a state with a big debt mountain and who is being held hostage by unfunded union contracts.

You just identified Oregon. PERS (public employee retirement system) is in the process of bankrupting the state. Waaay upside down in the financial obligation. $25 billion and more.

Hence my reason for an exit strategy.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Avoid CT.
Thank me later.....

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Stay in Texas. I live in Oregon, my wife and I are planning our exit. Texas is on the list.

P

We've definitely talked about leaving Oregon and Texas, Idaho, and Wyoming may become targets.
Liberal Governor and Portland, Eugene, Bend liberalitice is getting to be too much.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Death.

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
West Coast, all day. And I have an office in Vermont. wink

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Vermont and New Hampshire are beautiful states and have good gun laws. I've been to Washington and Oregon. Didn't particularly care for either and the gun laws suck.

There's a lot to not like about Oregon, but please do tell about the gun laws. The county I live in is a 2nd Amendment sanctuary and is as conservative as anywhere I lived in Utah, possibly even more so. There's not a single firearm I couldn't own/possess here if I wanted. No magazine restrictions, no waiting periods, instant background checks, plus no sales tax.

I can buy a Sportsman's Pack with upland game, turkey, cougar, bear, deer, elk, fishing, and crabbing licenses, with plenty of opportunity for all. Bay fishing/crabbing in my backyard (can't do the ocean because I get seasick). World-class steelhead and smallmouth bass fishing in the rivers. Like I said before, there's plenty to dislike about Oregon, but if you like the outdoors, there's plenty to do and see. Just have to avoid Potland, Eugene, and Ashland.

You can buy the Sportsman's Pack and the price has gone up consistently to now pushing $200. The game is so mismanaged by the Fish and Wildlife that it is becoming non-existent. If we want a quality deer or elk, we go out of state. All the ODFW is after is money and if you don't believe that, visit the log mansion fish and game main office in Salem. They had a dozen employees in cubicles when I visited and the only one that they said could answer my question was out to lunch!!! Meeting rooms, displays...looks like a museum with no body in it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Wow, a whole $200.00!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Hell. With my back broke.

Save a seat for me.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Hell. With my back broke.

Save a seat for me.

Where I am, you will always be welcome, brother.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If you had to, which would you choose?

Laffin’
Compare NH’s laws/Constitution to others, including the South.

Y’all can give us the ‘Yankee’ [bleep] all you want, but NH still stands well in front of most where individual liberty is concerned.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS !

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Vermont born and stayed here all 71 years. Expensive with high taxes but the rural beauty is worth it. Just stay out of the liberal cities and enjoy nature.

living the good life every day
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I thought this thread was west coast versus new england IPA'S. Damn I was wrong

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
As vaguely written it could be anything, patriots vs 49ers?

So I'll just answer the way I read it.

Kent

E
E
Maine is still a good place to live.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Utah is full up.........

don't even consider..........

no p/dogs......no 30" bucks.....no public land 395" bulls.......no public land at all

too many people already........taxes are insane.......no place to shoot.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Utah is full up.........

don't even consider.

I want aware Utah bordered the Pacific Ocean...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Utah is full up.........

don't even consider..........

no p/dogs......no 30" bucks.....no public land 395" bulls.......no public land at all

too many people already........taxes are insane.......no place to shoot.......

]

Same in Wyoming, all the 5 acre ranches are sold out now, gate is locked.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.