Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hosting a shootin' match in the backyard this afternoon. 3 good friends and myself, shooting on the 20 & 50 yard butt on pretty much any style they want. First round on the 20 will have 5 Lifesaver candies taped to the board. 10 points if they hit the candy, bonus 50 points for putting it thru the hole w/o breaking the candy. Putting one thru the hole will net 60 points total. I suspect they will bring their .22 RF guns. The hole measures .284" in diameter. I think that's plenty of slack, how about you?

I have a .177 caliber RF gun that shoots BB caps. Is that cheatin'?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

so what's the prize ?

adult beverages after ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
If you ain’t cheatin’, you don’t want to win bad enough😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tikkanut

so what's the prize ?

adult beverages after ?
You get to eat the candy.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
yes, ;but your rules.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yes you say? Thanks, I feel better. laugh

Prizes? Well, I got a tree full of grapefruit and mebbe one of the prize winners can take a dozen or so. Think I have a brick of CCI .22 WMR for another prize. Not sure any of them have a gun with that chamber. Maybe a box of Sneezer bullets? They all have .30 cal rifles. Not my fault if they are .300 Win Mags and such.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Hosting a shootin' match in the backyard this afternoon. 3 good friends and myself, shooting on the 20 & 50 yard butt on pretty much any style they want. First round on the 20 will have 5 Lifesaver candies taped to the board. 10 points if they hit the candy, bonus 50 points for putting it thru the hole w/o breaking the candy. Putting one thru the hole will net 60 points total. I suspect they will bring their .22 RF guns. The hole measures .284" in diameter. I think that's plenty of slack, how about you?

Not according to Askins.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Going through hole with no break-50 extra points.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does all who shoot get a 1st prize?

Last edited by mtnsnake; 12/14/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Offhand?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don't forget your participation ribbons.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by navlav8r
If you ain’t cheatin’, you don’t want to win bad enough😮

Reminds me of a shooting competition I was at once a few years ago.

During one round, the usual NRA scorer was in the can, or lunch or something... He was replaced by a real idiot.

My group was just a ragged hole in the "x" ring. A small hole at that... grin

The scorer counted like 6 shots as 'misses'.

I objected, and he said the "shots were nowhere to be found on the target, and therefore I must have missed the target completely."

So, idiot... I have a bughole group, and then, for some unexplained reason, missed the entire target with 6 shots?

"Yep." he said, handing me my target... mad

You don't reckon those shots may have gone through the hole made by the group in the X ring?

"nope"...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Offhand?

Yes. Maybe. Smoke and mirrors are a no no.

They just might each win all prizes.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I liked the way Askins thought.

I am..........disturbed.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You have .177 cal. BB caps? Let's see em.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Don't forget your participation ribbons.........

Make sure they say "You're Special!"

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by DMc

You have .177 cal. BB caps? Let's see em.

He showed them yesterday on a rimfire thread.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'd be out, but I'm far more accustomed to putting much bigger diameter things in bigger diameter holes.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, the party is over. Nobody was able to put a .22 thru a 7mm hole at 20 yards. One fella missed one completely and to make amends had to eat that one. 4 shooters at 50 yards and the spread was 19 points for 10 shots. They all took some grapefruit and the rest of the lifesavers...praise be unto Zeus!

One curious experiment involved a comparison of recent production CCI SV and Aguila 60 gr ammo. I'd never shot that stuff before and to my surprise it shot better thru my 15" twist barrel than the CCI. 20 yards: 1/4" for 3 with the Aguila and 3/8" for the CCI.

One of the wankers brought along his grandfather's bicycle rifle, a most curious thing mfg'd by International Firearms, allegedly located in Washington DC. It had not been fired in approximately 60 years and it took two tries to fire the first round. Extraction was sticky at first, and the sights were not well regulated. That said, 3 shooters put 2 shots in one hole. Cute little artifact. Should I buy a bike now?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just for DMc, 'cause I know stuff's not always easy to find here in the Campfire...

A fella named Paul Neubrand from Munderkingen, Germany, lost his mind back before WW1 +/-, a time when parlor rifles were quite the rage over there. Maybe they still are, I dunno. As a result...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There are some curious features about the construct on this piece. An uniformed inspection would lead one to think it is a .38 to .45 caliber CF, falling block. Well, it has that appearance, but don't be fooled. The barrel is an insert of about 12" length, .177" in the groove and sporting 12 grooves with a 8" twist. The twist rate is a rough approximation.

Unlike most double set trigger guns, this one only appears to be of that construct. In reality the forward trigger actually cocks the gun and the rear....just breath on it lightly and it goes POP! 3-4 ounces is my guess. Then we get to the rear sight. It isn't a peep/vernier though it has similar form. It is a diopter sight with optical glass in the interior that allows for limited magnification and focus.

Lastly, it is obviously not intended for snap shooting and in fact might be more difficult for full size adults to mount than OJ putting his glove on. It can be done however and once it becomes one with the shooter it is stunningly precise. The ammo comes from ISS ( http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/ammunition.html ) and is primer powered. MV runs in the 800-850 fps range, the BBs are lightly lubed with SPG in my home, but others might do it differently. I have a conical mould as well....makes the cutest little bullets you ever did see. The mould is a good training tool for dwarfs.

The target above was shot at 50', offhand, in Cody, WY about 10 years back. I have several more like it, scoring in the 245-249 range. One of these days I intend to kill a pig with it....just because I know it will.

I am..........disturbed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,298
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.