better make a double batch...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hate haters.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I bought the earlier version back in 98... the 260 Remington Creedmoor...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
One thing you gotta say about the Creedmoor...it sure took the pressure off the 7 Rem Mag owners of 30 years ago. I can't recall the guy's name, but there was a fellow on one of the gun forums whose byline was, "You don't have to be an [bleep] to have a 7 Mag, but...every [bleep] has one".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got a belly laugh outa that!

I do understand completely, though. The thing is, it IS a very good cartridge. There are guys who know what they're talking about who say so. And there are plenty of idiots who don't know their asses from first base parroting.

Rock on.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
The .22/250 necked up to 6.5 with the 30* shoulder is better than the .250 and .300 Savage version.

Did you hit your head again Bro?

Bwahahahhhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Got a belly laugh outa that!

I do understand completely, though. The thing is, it IS a very good cartridge. There are guys who know what they're talking about who say so. And there are plenty of idiots who don't know their asses from first base parroting.

Rock on.

Please, for the love of God, don't let anyone know that I agree with you. If it is very good, then the 6.5 PRC is just more of a very good thing!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5thShock
I don't have one. The man at the rifle store would not sell me one, he said I was small and dirty and there was something wrong with my face. He said if I get better, maybe then.

They wouldn't sell me one either, they told me i wasn't gay enough.....WTF does that mean? Gay enough..............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
“...skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me.”

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What is this 6.5 Prick?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're just reiterating the 2010's version of the same story that has been around since forever.

"Ya heerd tell o' these new 'Express' rifles? They shoot a lighter bullet at high velocity, some of'em gettin' well over 2000 fps!"

"This new thutty-thutty will kill an elephant, that is if'n there were any elephants her 'bouts..."

"This .270 shoots so flat..."

"The 7mm Remington Mag shoots flat for 200 yards and then rises up some..."

"This (insert magic bullet here) not only bucks the wind, it actually turns into the wind so you gotta hold opposite windage of what you would have..."

I suspect the paradigm was old when Ugg tried tying some string to a stick and launching tiny little spears with it.

Just enjoy what you like and don't allow others to tell you how to feel about something.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wanted a smaller, lighter, less powerful weapon for antelope than my 7 Mag Classic Stainless, with equal wind bucking capability. I sold out of a tack driving 25-06 20 years ago because the 100 gr. Hornady Spirepoints didnt do so well with crosswinds. The 7 Mag 140's do, but are way too much energy for antelope inside 400 yards, which is where I shoot. I bought a TC Compass in 6.5 Creed and it prints a 5/8" group with Hornady Nontypical 140's with less length, less weight, less recoil, and less noise than the 7 Mag. If you look at the ballistics, the 140 gr Hornady load has identical drop curves with the 180 gr PSP in a 30-06--just less energy downrange, which is what I wanted. If you know your drops, and have a good rangefinder, who cares if a 270 or 7 Mag is 6 inches flatter at 300 than a 6.5 or 30-06. The animals sure don't. As to the unwashed masses, let them tell all about 1000 yard shots being better with a Creed. You don't have to believe them, do you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1.......... It IS a nice cartridge. Except there's too many parrots in this world. Repeating and embellishing stuff they hear despite knowing very little about the subject matter. I don't own a Creed. Don't plan on getting one. But a buddy got one over a year and a half ago and it shoots great. Was with him in Nov. 2018 when he harvested his first deer with it. I reload his ammo for it because I'm retired and he's not and he does stuff for me in return. It responds well to handloading IMHO even though factory ammo is also very nice. But now "Creedmania" is getting to the point that I don't even want one as I'm afraid it will ruin my well informed, knowledgeable, discerning, rifle looney image and I don't wish to look like one of those " Creedtards", ( love that term ) or a "parrot". Besides; there's so many other excellent rounds out there that can do the same thing without projecting the wrong image.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My neighbor, Mr Topper, has one.

His is better than all yours and cost twice as much.

He lives in a prefab mini barn and drives a brand new truck every year, an expert on every thing.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give it another 10 years, maybe 20 max and then no one will want a 6.5 Creedmoor because it's "boring", same way no one wants a .30-06 'cause it's boring.

And the circle goes round and round...

Just wait'll you hear the friggin' hype about the new plasma rifles in the 40 watt range, it'll make you puke.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I got a 6.5 Creedmoor not long ago. No flat bill cap here, and my high and tight isn't turning into a man bun. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It seems like an immature thought process to me. If you like a rifle or cartridge what difference does it make if other people do or don't?

Most band wagon jumpers lack sufficient knowledge and/or experience to make their own decisions, so they need someone to tell them what is best for them. Today it is the 6.5 Creedmoor, but in 10 years when the market is saturated with new and used rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, manufacturers will need to introduce the next best thing in order to keep their machines running and their doors open.

Most people at rifle ranges, particularly public rifle ranges, lack knowledge and/or experience and are often prone to repeat things that they have heard or read/seen on the internet. Most people like that are of no consequence, so just ignore them and laugh quietly to yourself.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
The .22/250 necked up to 6.5 with the 30* shoulder is better than the .250 and .300 Savage version.

Did you hit your head again Bro?

Bwahahahhhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No,but I am seeing stars in broad daylight and these itty bitty birds flying circles around my head.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think it's funny.

The last cartridge that caused this much hype and totally unbelievable BS stories was the 17 HMR... laugh laugh

"I swear on my mother's grave I can kill a bull elk at 500 yards with one shot from my 17 HMR!"

Bwahaha grin

That kind of BS went on for years. Endless drivel.

They would fight you too, if you didn't believe their BS. eek

Anyone else remember all that 17HMR hype? It was nearly a religion... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Seafire
I bought the earlier version back in 98... the 260 Remington Creedmoor...

The 260 could have really been something if Remington had any sense, but that's assuming Remington wouldn't turd in the punch bowl.
Instead it came with screwed up twist rates & terrible marketing.

Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 15,276 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,181
Posts18,543,202
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.