Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
PaulBarnrad: I could NOT make heads or tails out of your posting - so I am not sure if you are/were serious.
I do know this - I have been tasked by friends with mounting scopes on and sighting in 2 (two) Rifles in caliber 6.5 Creedmoor!
Both of those Rifles shot EXTREMELY well with factory ammunition!
One was an $1,100.00 clunky piece of crap para-military metrosexual conglomerate made by Ruger - it shot so extremely well that at the end of that sight in day I was actually considering buying one!
I have several friends who have become seduced by the 6.5 Creedmoor "fad/craze" and their Rifles ALL shoot quite well accuracy wise.
I am sure that their trajectory performance will be pleasing for those that choose to shoot at the extended ranges - so be that.
I think this 6.5 Creedmoor is a good thing in many ways.
I can't tell at all if you think the same?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Well hell, you sold it short. You failed to extol it virtues as a cartridge that will enable rank novices to bang out sub 1/4 MOA 10 shot groups at 800 yards. When handloaded to its fullest potential it leaves a 6.5x55 handloaded to its fullest potential far behind and is much more accurate. Not only that, but with 139 grain Scenars it'll break both shoulders on a musk-ox leaving a volleyball sized exit hole. The list goes on. I haven't even touched on its tactical attributes.

LOL. Seems 50% of the dudes in gun shops have the 'Creedtard' effect on me to be honest. My tactic is similar to the no pic it didn't happen. When 20 YO manbun starts squaking about 1000 yds ask him "at what range to do you shoot 1000 yds at?" In Ohio your lucky to shoot 200 yds. 99% of the time you'll get a mumbled mush mouth response. Same as the 'elk hunters' that are 100 lbs overweight and claim you need a magnum to kill and elk and my 308 Win. will bounce off.. "How many elk have you killed".....mumble mumble

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
PaulBarnrad: I could NOT make heads or tails out of your posting - so I am not sure if you are/were serious.
I do know this - I have been tasked by friends with mounting scopes on and sighting in 2 (two) Rifles in caliber 6.5 Creedmoor!
One was an $1,100.00 clunky piece of crap para-military metrosexual conglomerate made by Ruger - it shot so extremely well that at the end of that sight in day I was actually considering buying one!
I have several friends who have become seduced by the 6.5 Creedmoor "fad/craze" and their Rifles ALL shoot quite well accuracy wise.
I am sure that their trajectory performance will be pleasing for those that choose to shoot at the extended ranges - so be that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, it’s not about the proven excellent long range attributes of the Creed. It’s the retards that make ridiculous claims and comments about them at the gun counter. Sort of like people who drive Camaros.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
“...skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me.”

Should I have mentioned that it smelled like he had been hugging a woman drenched in patchouli?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

It was quite good back in its day before the 6.5 PRC came long. I guess it still has its place with women, kids and those who can't handle the recoil of the PRC.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djb
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Well hell, you sold it short. You failed to extol it virtues as a cartridge that will enable rank novices to bang out sub 1/4 MOA 10 shot groups at 800 yards. When handloaded to its fullest potential it leaves a 6.5x55 handloaded to its fullest potential far behind and is much more accurate. Not only that, but with 139 grain Scenars it'll break both shoulders on a musk-ox leaving a volleyball sized exit hole. The list goes on. I haven't even touched on its tactical attributes.

LOL. Seems 50% of the dudes in gun shops have the 'Creedtard' effect on me to be honest. My tactic is similar to the no pic it didn't happen. When 20 YO manbun starts squaking about 1000 yds ask him "at what range to do you shoot 1000 yds at?" In Ohio your lucky to shoot 200 yds. 99% of the time you'll get a mumbled mush mouth response. Same as the 'elk hunters' that are 100 lbs overweight and claim you need a magnum to kill and elk and my 308 Win. will bounce off.. "How many elk have you killed".....mumble mumble

When you drill down to the truth, most of them have never shot beyond 100 yards, but they have heard and read of the mystical powers of the Creedmagic.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I can remember when the 7mm/08 Metallic Silhouette crowd was crowing, some 30 something years ago, ha. Same when the .260 Remington came "online", not to mention the 7mm Rem Mag 20 years before that! So yeah, there are a lot of rounds that have their "following". I like the idea of the 6.5 Creedmoor more as a coyote/deer round for myself, not a LR elk rifle, but some even use the .243 for long shots. Why" I like the answer I heard a long time ago...because somewhere, a free American Citizen "wants to". Ethics are low down on the list for most folks anyhow. As a Minister, I have often been tempted to write a book on the subject of "Ethics", then I realized...only "ethical people" would read it, and they don't need it! lol Have a ball Dude, give 'em hades! smile

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 12/16/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will add this about me...I had to eat "a mean mess of crow" ( poke salad on the side!) when the .204 Ruger came out! I thought it was a 'stupid idea"...then I tried one, oops! It shot as flat as my 22-250 seemed to and recoiled less than the .223! I killed just "some" prairie dogs and other varmints with it. But I never shot a coyote with one, nor a deer or antelope. Some do.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

..................................Yep! Agreed............Which is the reason I don't own one.....Commonality and too much lunacy (though justified) surrounds this cartridge...For myself anyway and as an excellent conversation piece, far less commonality and far more exotic, a 6.5/300 Wby would be a better choice firing maybe 100 rounds per year. And should the barrel go south in 8 to 10 years or so after purchase, I can afford another.

Imo, such rallying around the Creed affectionate lunacy will never be extended or afforded in the same fashion towards the 6.5/300 and for a few good reasons; factory ammo, reloading costs, barrel life and recoil etc.....My first 6.5mm will be the 6.5/300 Wby.................

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
6.5 Creed is so last year...….now trying to figure out if I really need a 300 PRC for those 800 yd shots at elk I wouldn't take......

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
...then why are you still talking about it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by devnull

It's feeling like I may have struck a nerd.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A lifelong Swede user, hunting and NRA High Power bolt gun, I had nothing but contempt for the Creed and accompanying hype. Then along comes a customer with a M 70 push feed action and the desire for a Creed. Ordered a Krieger bbl, screwed it on, found an old NRA 3 position walnut (gasp) stock and screwed it all together. Customer never came back. Well damn, what to do with this boat anchor...got bored the next winter, bought a box of Hornady Match, bolted down a mil-mil scope and went and shot it. Don't need it, don't want it, but it made me a believer. It's still here and I don't care if he ever comes to claim it. Boom....wait for it....claaang.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by devnull

It's feeling like I may have struck a nerd.

laugh

Or couple. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GregW
Don't hate the Creed, hate the idiots..

I agree. Last thing I'd ever do is get rid of a round I like due to what anyone else, even in multiples, says or claims.

Peer pressure gotcha, and adult grown man. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
“...skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me.”

Should I have mentioned that it smelled like he had been hugging a woman drenched in patchouli?

His girlfriend, shopping over in the Birkenstock section:

[Linked Image]

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I've owned a number of 6.5's in the following, 260 Remington, 6.5x55, 6.5-06 and 264 Winchester Magnum, lost interest in 6.5s and sold them all for other projects. Now that I'm looking for a light, short action stalking rifle, I'm leaning to the Creedmore mostly because I don't want the recoil of the 308 ( I ain't getting any younger) and the Creedmore has lots of good factory ammunition choices (I've packed up all of my reloading gear). All of the R&D and available ammo makes the Creedmore a solid choice for such a rifle. As much as I've sold off 80% of my collection I still have rifles in 240 WM, 257 WM, 270 Win, 7mm RM and 30-06 (all Win 70s). I certainly don't need a 6.5 CM but who says "need" has anything to do with it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by GregW
Don't hate the Creed, hate the idiots..

I agree. Last thing I'd ever do is get rid of a round I like due to what anyone else, even in multiples, says or claims.

Peer pressure gotcha, and adult grown man. LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

His girlfriend, shopping over in the Birkenstock section:

[Linked Image]

Geno

Love it.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Try this PaulBarnard.....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 1Longbow, 808outdoors, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 14,568 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,925
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.