Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
If they hadn't come up with the Creedmoor, guys in gun shops would still be taking the same way about the .270.

Obviously, something had to be done.

LMAO

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The .22/250 necked up to 6.5 with the 30* shoulder is better than the .250 and .300 Savage version.

Did you hit your head again Bro?

Bwahahahhhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No,but I am seeing stars in broad daylight and these itty bitty birds flying circles around my head.

Damn, is that permanent?

No,only happens when I am on the 'fire.

I always bang my head on a steel lamp post before logging on here. Things seem to make more sense that way.
crazy

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I think it's an excellent round for new, young or recoil sensitive shooters/hunters, long, heavy, good penetration bullets with no recoil, however, LESS, will never be more, my old 6.5 'Swede will kick the dogshlt out of the 6.5 creed.

Trump Won!
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Give it another 10 years, maybe 20 max and then no one will want a 6.5 Creedmoor because it's"boring"

By then the 6mm Creedmoor will be invented
Originally Posted by AU7MM08

The 260 could have really been something if Remington had any sense, but that's assuming Remington wouldn't turd in the punch bowl.
Instead it came with screwed up twist rates & terrible marketing.

Same with their 6mm Rem marketing

And their 280. They keep dropping the ball.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by djb
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Well hell, you sold it short. You failed to extol it virtues as a cartridge that will enable rank novices to bang out sub 1/4 MOA 10 shot groups at 800 yards. When handloaded to its fullest potential it leaves a 6.5x55 handloaded to its fullest potential far behind and is much more accurate. Not only that, but with 139 grain Scenars it'll break both shoulders on a musk-ox leaving a volleyball sized exit hole. The list goes on. I haven't even touched on its tactical attributes.

LOL. Seems 50% of the dudes in gun shops have the 'Creedtard' effect on me to be honest. My tactic is similar to the no pic it didn't happen. When 20 YO manbun starts squaking about 1000 yds ask him "at what range to do you shoot 1000 yds at?" In Ohio your lucky to shoot 200 yds. 99% of the time you'll get a mumbled mush mouth response. Same as the 'elk hunters' that are 100 lbs overweight and claim you need a magnum to kill and elk and my 308 Win. will bounce off.. "How many elk have you killed".....mumble mumble

When you drill down to the truth, most of them have never shot beyond 100 yards, but they have heard and read of the mystical powers of the Creedmagic.

I doubt they could see 1k yards if you asked them to.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
All I have in 6.5 is a Jap and a Carcano.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Originally Posted by mathman
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

Like I said, I don't own or hunt with a 6.5 Creed, but have quite a bit of field experience with .260's, 6.5 SAUM's, and 6.5 PRC's, as well as most of my hunting pals are using 6.5 based rounds for hunting all over North America. If you'd like to see some field pictures, I can post a few, along with a brief note on range, angle of shot, bullet used, etc...

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think it's an excellent round for new, young or recoil sensitive shooters/hunters, long, heavy, good penetration bullets with no recoil, however, LESS, will never be more, my old 6.5 'Swede will kick the dogshlt out of the 6.5 creed.

Following that logic, why keep your old Swede when the 6.5-300 Wby. is out there?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Following that logic, why keep your old Swede when the 6.5-300 Wby. is out there?

Because the world isn't giving head to the 6.5-300 WBY.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

Like I said, I don't own or hunt with a 6.5 Creed, but have quite a bit of field experience with .260's, 6.5 SAUM's, and 6.5 PRC's, as well as most of my hunting pals are using 6.5 based rounds for hunting all over North America. If you'd like to see some field pictures, I can post a few, along with a brief note on range, angle of shot, bullet used, etc...

Would love that! I respect people who have had a lot more experience than I. I have shot a lot wit the 260, but never more than deer.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I've heard rumors those two kill things also.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

So, then it's not really a ballistics thing.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
“...skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me.”

Maybe Paul liked it too.............

Nicely played!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

So, then it's not really a ballistics thing.

All the above, if you're going to invent something new, climb to the top of Mt. Fuggin-Fujifakka and scream it's praises, it needs to be the best there is, it wont best a hundred and something year old Swede, so what's there to get so excited over? nothing, a simple marketing gimmick.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That is entirely too fair and open-minded. We cannot tolerate that kind of attitude on internet forums.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 12/16/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by kingston
“...skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me.”

Should I have mentioned that it smelled like he had been hugging a woman drenched in patchouli?

I don't know what Patchouli is, sounds bad. Is it something like the Louisiana version of Lutefisk?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I've heard rumors those two kill things also.

Geno

Not like the 6.5 Man Bun.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It bests the Swede in a couple of ways, ways which may not mean much to you however.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
What would be wrong with a 26 Nosler knocked down a bit with an ELD bullet?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What kills me is I don't think I've seen a single mention of what it was intended for in the first place! Shooting competitions in AR platform rifles.

I don't own one, but have no like or dislike for it either way.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (117LBS, 1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 14,514 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,290
Posts18,545,223
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.