Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW
Don't hate the Creed, hate the idiots..

Especially the ones who serially wound deer at distances they have NO business trying.

I have this gun in 6.5X57R that will shoot right along with the Cruddmores. I paid about the same for it that many pay for a scoped Cruddmore, and I can pop quail, chuckar, and grouse with it at the same time I'm murdering Bambi.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Granted, a precision modern rifle in 6.5 Cruddmore can shoot very tight, but it's still about a 257 Roberts with a bit heavier pills.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Originally Posted by mathman
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

Like I said, I don't own or hunt with a 6.5 Creed, but have quite a bit of field experience with .260's, 6.5 SAUM's, and 6.5 PRC's, as well as most of my hunting pals are using 6.5 based rounds for hunting all over North America. If you'd like to see some field pictures, I can post a few, along with a brief note on range, angle of shot, bullet used, etc...

There's always that one guy who has to come along and screw up a perfectly good, productive thread.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Especially the ones who serially wound deer at distances they have NO business trying.

Completely agree...

PS - I don't own a Creed and never have but the old maids of the forum clucking at it is funny stuff especially since they're about the last ones who should be talking.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
It bests the Swede in a couple of ways, ways which may not mean much to you however.

Twist and recoil, one of which can be easily fit to the Swede, I don't mind if folk like the creed Professor, I just don't get the hype, for "less"

Trump Won!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
That does it- I’m building me a .260AI! 😁

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
I think it's an excellent round for new, young or recoil sensitive shooters/hunters, long, heavy, good penetration bullets with no recoil, however, LESS, will never be more, my old 6.5 'Swede will kick the dogshlt out of the 6.5 creed.

Spoken like someone holding on to the past. The 6.5X55 is so last century. It's old, boring, and of little value with the 'creed on the market. Folks need to just give them away while they can.

In the spirit of brotherhood, I'll take the old dated things off the hands of those who are ready to step into the modern world. Will send my FFL's address to those needing to unload them.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I imagine that the same over-the-counter sales discussions took place in the mid 50s with regard to the 308 Win and 243 Win. Two wonder cartridges of the day.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
It bests the Swede in a couple of ways, ways which may not mean much to you however.

Twist and recoil, one of which can be easily fit to the Swede, I don't mind if folk like the creed Professor, I just don't get the hype, for "less"

You seem to forget, the wind does not seem to affect the creeds. smirk

Their proponents have plenty of it. smile

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/16/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Like the .270, the Creedmoor starts rising out to 400 yards before it goes to sleep...…"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I think it's an excellent round for new, young or recoil sensitive shooters/hunters, long, heavy, good penetration bullets with no recoil, however, LESS, will never be more, my old 6.5 'Swede will kick the dogshlt out of the 6.5 creed.

Spoken like someone holding on to the past. The 6.5X55 is so last century. It's old, boring, and of little value with the 'creed on the market. Folks need to just give them away while they can.

In the spirit of brotherhood, I'll take the old dated things off the hands of those who are ready to step into the modern world. Will send my FFL's address to those needing to unload them.

That POS is built on a DWM 98 Mauser with a Shilen barrel, Timney set at 1.5 lbs, sitting in a Bansner stock, pos shoots bugholes with 140gr Partitions too, what a wreck! I need to box it up ; ]

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That POS is built on a DWM 98 Mauser with a Brux barrel, Timney set at 1.5 lbs, sitting in a Bansner stock, pos shoots bugholes with 140gr Partitions too, what a wreck! I need to box it up ; ]

Sounds like junk. No carbon fiber? No uber-long rail? Probably doesn't even have a 4 lb. scope on it. I'll take it off your hands, but I'm the one making the sacrifice!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Completely agree...

PS - I don't own a Creed and never have but the old maids of the forum clucking at it is funny stuff especially since they're about the last ones who should be talking.

Heck...it's fun riling members in good fun.

The round is a good one, but I see no real advantages it has over the Swede. It has sold a lot of new guns, and that's a Good Thing, and it has enthused a lot of younger shooters, and that's a Good Thing.

Being old reactionary curmudgeons is about all the recreation we can handle, and this was a good "target". If I were a much younger guy with many fewer miles on the clock I could get enthused about the round for sure. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a guy that fits this description perfectly.

Did you know that the 6.5 Creedmoor is the only round able to kill Godzilla with one shot?

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I shoot a 260. Have since 2003. At first I was like Duh, you already have the 260 and the 6.5x55, why the Creed? Since then I have become a bit more ok with the idea, after all, a low recoiling, flat shooting rifle is pretty well the perfect deer rifle. What I am against is the way people do not recognize that the Creed (along with every other chambering) has its limitations. I am not that old (34), but am old fashioned enough that I like a minimum energy/velocity in order to quickly and humanely make a kill. With my current setup in my 260, my max is 300 yards. I feel I have plenty of velocity and energy left to quickly kill a deer. It seems like the Creed crowd (at least a lot of them) are not recognizing the cartridge for what it is. With the cult-like following, it has almost reached "magical" powers. I mean 500 yards with a Creed for an elk? I know it has been done with well placed shots (which can be made with a low-recoiling rifle) But just because one can, does it mean one should? I especially do not like when states change the current minimum calibers in order to make room for the Creedmoor. Pa had the minimum for elk at .27 caliber (which I think is a good place to have it), but changed it to .26 so the Creed could be used. Again, not saying that the Creed cannot cleanly take an elk. But these inexperienced hunters trying to take long shots at game with their Creedmoor's, makes me sick. Does that not sound like a recipe for wounded game? Part of the problem is the guys that feel they need to take an extremely long shot at an elk, and then brag about it on the internet. They feel they need to prove that it "can be done". And again just because one can, should one. I don't see many people taking a 303 British to hunt lions, even though it surely can be done.

But did you know that the Creedmoor has a ballistic advantage over a 308 at 700 yards. And 308s used to be the most tactical round known to man, so that means the Creedgod is, well, God.

308?

Isn't that like beating your neighbor's little brother to the end of the driveway then declaring yourself Jesse Owens?

Last edited by JackRyan; 12/16/19.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, getting my chit mixed up again, it has a Shilen barrel, and yes, you're right, i'll cover shipping ; ]

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

That is entirely too fair and open-minded. We cannot tolerate that kind of attitude on internet forums.

Yea I know! I am actually on a lot of these forums in order to learn what I can. Weird, I know!!

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That POS is built on a DWM 98 Mauser with a Shilen barrel, Timney set at 1.5 lbs, sitting in a Bansner stock, pos shoots bugholes with 140gr Partitions too, what a wreck! I need to box it up ; ]

Well Gunner , I hope you learned your lesson! what were you thinkin? combining a junky old Mouser with an obsolete cartridge yield schit results, I will PM my address and take that miserable contraption off your hands.... smile
You can thank me later... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by irfubar

Well Gunner , I hope you learned your lesson! what were you thinkin? combining a junky old Mouser with an obsolete cartridge yield schit results, I will PM my address and take that miserable contraption off your hands.... smile
You can thank me later... wink

LMAO, i'll plot a middle spot betwinxt you and sock puppet, first one there can have it. cool

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Don't forget packaging for short actions (maybe not important for everyone) and standardization of dimensions. Being a modern cartridge it isn't saddled with the dimensional variations in chambering/throating that some older cartridges are, 7mm08 vs 7x57 being another prime example of the situation.

I see the 6.5 Creedmoor as providing easy access to a widely useful level of ballistics and precision. That there may be a legion of asshats spouting BS about its mystical powers won't put me off of it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And having to use LAP-WAAAAAHH brass too, damn. blush

Trump Won!
Page 7 of 28 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1badf350, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 15,867 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,788
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.