Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by mathman
Don't forget packaging for short actions (maybe not important for everyone) and standardization of dimensions. Being a modern cartridge it isn't saddled with the dimensional variations in chambering/throating that some older cartridges are, 7mm08 vs 7x57 being another prime example of the situation.

I see the 6.5 Creedmoor as providing easy access to a widely useful level of ballistics and precision. That there may be a legion of asshats spouting BS about its mystical powers won't put me off of it.

I knew you would deliver a sensible and all telling reply Professor ; ]

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I think it's an excellent round for new, young or recoil sensitive shooters/hunters, long, heavy, good penetration bullets with no recoil, however, LESS, will never be more, my old 6.5 'Swede will kick the dogshlt out of the 6.5 creed.

Spoken like someone holding on to the past. The 6.5X55 is so last century. It's old, boring, and of little value with the 'creed on the market. Folks need to just give them away while they can.

In the spirit of brotherhood, I'll take the old dated things off the hands of those who are ready to step into the modern world. Will send my FFL's address to those needing to unload them.

That POS is built on a DWM 98 Mauser with a Shilen barrel, Timney set at 1.5 lbs, sitting in a Bansner stock, pos shoots bugholes with 140gr Partitions too, what a wreck! I need to box it up ; ]

Well Gunner , I hope you learned your lesson! what were you thinkin? combining a junky old Mouser with an obsolete cartridge yield schit results, I will PM my address and take that miserable contraption off your hands.... smile
You can thank me later... wink

LMAO, i'll plot a middle spot betwinxt you and sock puppet, first one there can have it. cool

Nope, I think we need a draw straws thing, or maybe a riddle contest to pick the winner. Just because I was doing something productive for a few minutes and missed asking for the opportunity to relieve you of such a dog of a rifle, I feel I shouldn't be left out of the field.

Geno

PS I hear "feelings" are all the rage nowadays, so I let mine be known.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

That is entirely too fair and open-minded. We cannot tolerate that kind of attitude on internet forums.

Yea I know! I am actually on a lot of these forums in order to learn what I can. Weird, I know!!

This is getting out of hand. Learn? Nobody learns on the internet. The internet is for telling people how wrong they are. Off to the ignore list you go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's an excellent round for new, young or recoil sensitive shooters/hunters, long, heavy, good penetration bullets with no recoil, however, LESS, will never be more, my old 6.5 'Swede will kick the dogshlt out of the 6.5 creed.

Spoken like someone holding on to the past. The 6.5X55 is so last century. It's old, boring, and of little value with the 'creed on the market. Folks need to just give them away while they can.

In the spirit of brotherhood, I'll take the old dated things off the hands of those who are ready to step into the modern world. Will send my FFL's address to those needing to unload them.

You've always been all heart, sock, a true credit to the Campfire.

We need an annual SockPuppet Humanitarian Award.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget packaging for short actions (maybe not important for everyone) and standardization of dimensions. Being a modern cartridge it isn't saddled with the dimensional variations in chambering/throating that some older cartridges are, 7mm08 vs 7x57 being another prime example of the situation.

I see the 6.5 Creedmoor as providing easy access to a widely useful level of ballistics and precision. That there may be a legion of asshats spouting BS about its mystical powers won't put me off of it.

Change "may be" to "most assuredly is."

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh great idea Geno, feelings............................................................................................................

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Send that shitty Swede to me, I'll school myself on it's virtues. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

All the above, if you're going to invent something new, climb to the top of Mt. Fuggin-Fujifakka and scream it's praises, .

Where's that ?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
laugh great idea Geno, feelings............................................................................................................

Well, after all, aren't they what the Creedleymore is all about?

Geno

PS all due respect to Dr Professor Mathman

PPS and other Creedleyites

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by irfubar

That POS is built on a DWM 98 Mauser with a Shilen barrel, Timney set at 1.5 lbs, sitting in a Bansner stock, pos shoots bugholes with 140gr Partitions too, what a wreck! I need to box it up ; ]

Well Gunner , I hope you learned your lesson! what were you thinkin? combining a junky old Mouser with an obsolete cartridge yield schit results, I will PM my address and take that miserable contraption off your hands.... smile
You can thank me later... wink

LMAO, i'll plot a middle spot betwinxt you and sock puppet, first one there can have it. cool

Nope, I think we need a draw straws thing, or maybe a riddle contest to pick the winner. Just because I was doing something productive for a few minutes and missed asking for the opportunity to relieve you of such a dog of a rifle, I feel I shouldn't be left out of the field.

Geno

PS I hear "feelings" are all the rage nowadays, so I let mine be known.

Ain't got no time for that, I'm trying to help a brother out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The line is growing long Mathman ; ]

Somewhere in Organ, I think T grin

Hell yeah Geno, I best get damn busy on that man bun and ballsack covering man purse ; ]

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Thank you good sir! Would the winner get 'Creed and a new outfit like this?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
gotdamn! sick you know those fuggers are going to be running this place when we're 90, holy damn!

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The line is growing long Mathman ; ]

Somewhere in Organ, I think T grin

Hell no, it's that building in L.A. that John McClane stumbled in to one Christmas....... wink

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

Got a Remington 700 in 30-06, my grandfather's Savage 99 in .308...I'm good to go.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
PaulParnrad: I see... you are just being facetious, sarcastic, impish and snarky then - that's real helpful.
Entertaining - not so much, but it helps pass your time, I guess.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

Well then, take this advice.......when scenarshooter speaks, start taking notes.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What JGRaider said.....

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Thank you good sir! Would the winner get 'Creed and a new outfit like this?

I thought you were a straight-up guy. Now you're getting sued for making me lose a pretty good breakfast, ruin a keyboard, and washing my jammies! smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This thread is solid gold, especially the part about slamming your dick in a sliding glass door. 😁😁😁

Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 270wsmnutt, 26 invisible), 14,115 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,109
Posts18,542,029
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.