Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
If they hadn't come up with the Creedmoor, guys in gun shops would still be taking the same way about the .270.

Obviously, something had to be done.

Exactly.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm not worried much one way tor, another. If my 308, or 20 gauge can't kill it, I'll let it be.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Whoa!!! Don't bring Zeppelin into this! I don't care how much YOUR classic rock radio overplayed Led Zep over the years, they are still the best rock band of all time.... Bar none!

Yes I know that is a matter of opinion so no need to remind me!

As far at the Creed goes, I've been shooting and loading for a 7mm-08 for 20 years, no need for the Creed...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

I've heard similar tales about 300-400 yard shots with 30-30's zeroed at 100, but using no hold over "cause a 30-30 is all you need to kill a deer".

Last edited by Snyper; 12/16/19.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, getting my chit mixed up again, it has a Shilen barrel, and yes, you're right, i'll cover shipping ; ]

Don't send it to him......he's a sockpuppet......

Maybe you didn't see it above, but I now have an award named after me. I'm the real deal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JTman

As far at the Creed goes, I've been shooting and loading for a 7mm-08 for 20 years, no need for the Creed...

I smell a new sig-line. laugh

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Ninety-five percent of folks haven't been trained well enough to shoot 300 yards and couldn't find their azz with both hands, two flashlights and a full-length mirror!

Unless they buy a 6.5 Creedmoor. The chambering is absolutely transformative. Just ask them.

Absolutely Paul.

It's not mentioned much in these parts, or anywhere else for that matter, but a rifle chambered in such can hit the 8" gong at 600 yard without even having been aimed.

Set it in the stand on the bench, muzzle pointed downrange (well, one must have it pointed in the right direction at a minimum), make sure range is cleared, pull trigger, bang-clang. Easy Peasy.

If you tell it "Shoot the 380 bull, not the 370" and point it at the herd it will do the same as the gong. Bang-Flop. Of course, one might have to spin the special dials on the fancy scope to "380" so it can tell the difference. After all, that's what them dials are for.

It's not mentioned much as the manufacturers and ammo companies are already having a hard time keeping up with demand. Besides, they have all those .22, 6mm, .25, 270, 7mm. etc etc barrels already in stock not to mention the tooling for all those long action/magnum rifles. How would they make a profit off them if all they could sell was Creedleymores?

Geno

PS, I saw a post on a forum that mentioned the point and shoot aspect..................must be true.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Jevyod
Originally Posted by mathman
I believe scenarshooter can provide you with some evidence that may alter your thinking about mid size 6.5mm cartridge capability.

Maybe. I am always open to learning. Actually I would invite that evidence. I do confess that I do have ideas and opinions, but I am not stuck to my opinions to the point that I will hang on to them even in the face of evidence that goes contrary to my opinion.

Well then, take this advice.......when scenarshooter speaks, start taking notes.

AMEN!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by FreeMe

I smell a new sig-line. laugh

LOL Paul........>There ya go!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Ninety-five percent of folks haven't been trained well enough to shoot 300 yards and couldn't find their azz with both hands, two flashlights and a full-length mirror!

Unless they buy a 6.5 Creedmoor. The chambering is absolutely transformative. Just ask them.

Geno

PS, I saw a post on a forum that mentioned the point and shoot aspect..................must be true.

I think the Creedmessiah owners really believe that crap when they post it.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 12/16/19.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
LOL, getting my chit mixed up again, it has a Shilen barrel, and yes, you're right, i'll cover shipping ; ]

Maybe you didn't see it above, but I now have an award named after me. I'm the real deal.

My apologies, I did miss it.............Was it the Hallmark lesbo commercial?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Whoa!!! Don't bring Zeppelin into this! I don't care how much YOUR classic rock radio overplayed Led Zep over the years, they are still the best rock band of all time.... Bar none!

If Led Zeppelin were a Creed....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well, this is a Creed thread...

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by djb

Did you mean Creedence as in CCR? 😁

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

Kind of reminds me of the Glockophiles.

Last edited by Armednfree; 12/16/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The O.P is One who vehemently stands with the pita spandex road bicycle fraternity or virus that infects our roads
and pedestrian pathways..yet is bitching about the creedmoor crowd ..

the irony.

how many flogs feel the need for a carbon frame/fork bike, cause you know the pro TdF riders all have them...lol.

its riveting stuff when they stop for a coffee on their Sunday ride, and chat about the aero coefficient and critical
few grams they saved by also getting a matching wind tunnel tested carbon-fibre water bottle cage.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Quigley didn't shoot a Creed.

"An experimental rifle with experimental ammunition..."

laugh

[Linked Image from itsastampede615821596.files.wordpress.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Well, this is a Creed thread...

I rest your case.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by djb

Haha, nothing wrong with Greta Creed Fleet!!! Long as they keep coming out with and playing their own music!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman

One who vehemently stands with the pita spandex road bicycle fraternity virus bitching about the creedmoor crowd ..

the irony.

how many flogs feel the need for a carbon frame bike, cause you know the pro TdF riders all have them...lol.

I am a titanium man! I leave the carbon fiber for my fishing rods.

Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (6mmCreedmoor, 808outdoors, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 14 invisible), 14,870 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,107
Posts18,541,913
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.