Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTF
Phuq the Creed - get a Swede

Swede is vermin. Get the German.

6.5X57

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Creed won't show in public when the .22 CB AI is on the line. Second from the left. It's still accelerating at 1,000 yards.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Pretty fuggin critical for a guy who wears spandex and a dorky lookin helmet in public while riding around on a bicycle irritating and endangering motorists dontcha think ?.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The Creed won't show in public when the .22 CB AI is on the line. Second from the left. It's still accelerating at 1,000 yards.

Hasn't even stopped going up at that range. My CBs crest at 1,243.

honest

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
There is the 6.5 Creedmoor and then there is the 6.5 Coolmore.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Helen Mirren is hot.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Pretty fuggin critical for a guy who wears spandex and a dorky lookin helmet in public while riding around on a bicycle irritating and endangering motorists dontcha think ?.

"Endangering motorists..."

That's hilarious.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by ironbender
I won a 6.5 creedmore. I guess I should sell it.

Depends on what kind of movie you like.

Bored by the lord; never saw the sheepherders.

Still for sale!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

..................................Yep! Agreed............Which is the reason I don't own one.....Commonality and too much lunacy (though justified) surrounds this cartridge...For myself anyway and as an excellent conversation piece, far less commonality and far more exotic, a 6.5/300 Wby would be a better choice firing maybe 100 rounds per year. And should the barrel go south in 8 to 10 years or so after purchase, I can afford another.

Imo, such rallying around the Creed affectionate lunacy will never be extended or afforded in the same fashion towards the 6.5/300 and for a few good reasons; factory ammo, reloading costs, barrel life and recoil etc.....My first 6.5mm will be the 6.5/300 Wby.................

Hmm, I think I can afford a new barrel every year if it was required... not sure how that fits in really.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I’m trying to decide between the ruger American predator or the tc compass in 6.5 creedmoor at the recommendation of local bass pro guy. He was a marine core sniper before being selected for delta force. Dude knows his shiit!

Need a new cartridge capable of killing huge East Tennessee deer out to 800 yards. Thinking Tasco pronghorn for optics

Needs to be 1/4 moa capable with factory ammo The 6.5 creed is the only one currently produced that is capable of one shot kills at that range consistently as far as I’m aware

I’m selling all my rifles including customs. 243, 6br, 260, 30-06, and 300 win as they just can’t do the job.

Was thinking 300 PRC but it doesn’t have the specially designed chamber that the creed does, which increases its velocity, accuracy, and knock down power. Plus with 90% less recoil the 6.5 creed has 90% of the energy on target as the 300prc.

Any other brands I should consider? Which ammo is best at 1300 yards for coyote hunting? Do I even need the kestrel or applied ballistics app anymore? What about a rangefinder??

I don’t understand why all you guys hate the creed. It’s the best thing ever invented (next to sliced bread and blow jobs)

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Best factory cartridge to come along in my lifetime.

CCPH

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image]

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kevinJ

I don’t understand why all you guys hate the creed. It’s the best thing ever invented (next to sliced bread and blow jobs)

.......and will even make your coffee in the morning.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every cartridge in the magazine (caliber in the clip, for the slow), longs to be a .280 Remington.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I’m trying to decide between the ruger American predator or the tc compass in 6.5 creedmoor at the recommendation of local bass pro guy. He was a marine core sniper before being selected for delta force. Dude knows his shiit!

Need a new cartridge capable of killing huge East Tennessee deer out to 800 yards. Thinking Tasco pronghorn for optics

Needs to be 1/4 moa capable with factory ammo The 6.5 creed is the only one currently produced that is capable of one shot kills at that range consistently as far as I’m aware

I’m selling all my rifles including customs. 243, 6br, 260, 30-06, and 300 win as they just can’t do the job.

Was thinking 300 PRC but it doesn’t have the specially designed chamber that the creed does, which increases its velocity, accuracy, and knock down power. Plus with 90% less recoil the 6.5 creed has 90% of the energy on target as the 300prc.

Any other brands I should consider? Which ammo is best at 1300 yards for coyote hunting? Do I even need the kestrel or applied ballistics app anymore? What about a rangefinder??

....................I do not hate the Creed....It is just too common with too much conversation surrounding it.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by WTF
Phuq the Creed - get a Swede

Swede is vermin. Get the German.

6.5X57

I like this sentiment. What 6.5x57 do you have? I picked up a Zastava M70 several years ago and love it.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

..................................Yep! Agreed............Which is the reason I don't own one.....Commonality and too much lunacy (though justified) surrounds this cartridge...For myself anyway and as an excellent conversation piece, far less commonality and far more exotic, a 6.5/300 Wby would be a better choice firing maybe 100 rounds per year. And should the barrel go south in 8 to 10 years or so after purchase, I can afford another.

Imo, such rallying around the Creed affectionate lunacy will never be extended or afforded in the same fashion towards the 6.5/300 and for a few good reasons; factory ammo, reloading costs, barrel life and recoil etc.....My first 6.5mm will be the 6.5/300 Wby.................

Hmm, I think I can afford a new barrel every year if it was required... not sure how that fits in really.
..............Well I did say paraphrasing 8 to 10 years per barrel for the 6.5/300 Bee given 100 rounds per year in my case....Going through one barrel yearly? Well that might be true if I were shooting a 100 rounds per month.

The Creed barrels lasting,, guessing maybe 3,000-5000 rounds?

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Originally Posted by FreeMe
"Endangering motorists..."

That's hilarious.
I've personally seen motorists swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid a cyclist and it wasn't particularly funny I assure you. Personally, I'd be writing "Good Year" right up a cyclists backside before I'd do the same but that's me.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Helen Mirren is hot.
but it looks like her bod is pretty much shot. 30-06 has handled some pricks.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/16/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thinking Tasco pronghorn for optics

A man of impeccable tastes! I happen to have on in a drawer that I'd let go for only $679.99. I'll even throw in some hard-core scope rings (these are not available to the general public, so you're getting a bargain!)

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (257Bob, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 257man, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 13,749 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,841
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.