Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pinotguy
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by WTF
Phuq the Creed - get a Swede

Swede is vermin. Get the German.

6.5X57

I like this sentiment. What 6.5x57 do you have? I picked up a Zastava M70 several years ago and love it.

Sauer drilling in 6.5X57R that shoots rings around the Curddmore.

The X57 case was the base of several great rounds. I did have a 98 Mauser in 6X57, the German one. I laughed as the 6mm Rem came out (244) and was later re-named to that, a fantastic Remington development first created by the Germans at the turn of the 20th Century. We compromised here a long time ago with the 257 Roberts. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got interested in the Creed and bought one. Then got so tired of the gack going around I never fired it or even opened the damned box. There it sits now.

Kinda lost interest.

Now the SwedeMoor, still have a dozen or so of them. I like!

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by kevinJ
I’m trying to decide between the ruger American predator or the tc compass in 6.5 creedmoor at the recommendation of local bass pro guy. He was a marine core sniper before being selected for delta force. Dude knows his shiit!

Need a new cartridge capable of killing huge East Tennessee deer out to 800 yards. Thinking Tasco pronghorn for optics

Needs to be 1/4 moa capable with factory ammo The 6.5 creed is the only one currently produced that is capable of one shot kills at that range consistently as far as I’m aware

I’m selling all my rifles including customs. 243, 6br, 260, 30-06, and 300 win as they just can’t do the job.

Was thinking 300 PRC but it doesn’t have the specially designed chamber that the creed does, which increases its velocity, accuracy, and knock down power. Plus with 90% less recoil the 6.5 creed has 90% of the energy on target as the 300prc.

Any other brands I should consider? Which ammo is best at 1300 yards for coyote hunting? Do I even need the kestrel or applied ballistics app anymore? What about a rangefinder??

I don’t understand why all you guys hate the creed. It’s the best thing ever invented (next to sliced bread and blow jobs)

....................I do not hate the Creed....It is just too common with too much conversation surrounding it.

Guess that's what drives a small percentage of the population to go gay. All that grabbing pussy talk and big tits I guess drives some to putt from the ruff.

Congrats

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two Tikka 6.5 Creedmoors, one is a T3X Superlite for the grandkids or wife to shoot and the other is the big CTR version for dedicated range fun. Loading components are easy to come by, recoil is not harsh and the rifles flat out shoot, right out of the box. They are fun guns and shooting for hunting or recreation should be fun.

Who gives a [bleep] what any one else uses or likes to shoot.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have re-assesed my position on this topic after learning of the OP's obsession with spandex wearing, peter puffin', bicyclist. 😁😁😁

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Seafire
I bought the earlier version back in 98... the 260 Remington Creedmoor...

I just bought another new 260, because I am a man of taste and discernment. It is a Remington 5R.

Got AICS stealth bottom metal on order and a 2.950" box in the mail. With the 147 ELD, I think it will out creed the creed.

There is an old 22-250 in the safe which became a 22-243AI. It just might get resurrected as a 22 Creed. That is about as close as I could come without tossing my cookies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Is this like when you find a really good band you like and listen to, but then all the other people find out it's a great band and talk about them so now you don't like them anymore?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
this, too, shall pass

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Roadrunner Thrush muffler sticker beside it. Surely you know the type.

Watch out your comments, Bro.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
IC B3

W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by vapodog
this, too, shall pass

Yep, just like the 17 Remington, 204 Ruger, those 17 RFs, and several other one hit wonders.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Thinking Tasco pronghorn for optics

A man of impeccable tastes! I happen to have on in a drawer that I'd let go for only $679.99. I'll even throw in some hard-core scope rings (these are not available to the general public, so you're getting a bargain!)

Dudes,

get with the program please. Tascos are way out of style now, WAY out.

Get you one of these Simmons babies:

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

6-25 x 50, twisty dials and all that scheidt.

an some of these custom see thru mounts too, in case you get a short shot, say only 250 yards and you gotta put the lead to him quick like:

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

Get with the program, you gonna own a fancy rifle in that fancy cartridge chambering, ya' gotta have the proper accoutrements

Geno

PS maybe get you a shemagh too

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Is this like when you find a really good band you like and listen to, but then all the other people find out it's a great band and talk about them so now you don't like them anymore?

You figured it out!

Geno

PS How do you Canucks say "Creedmor" anyway?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by xxclaro

You figured it out!

Geno

PS How do you Canucks say "Creedmor" anyway?

Queer.............

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
PB, I'll call first dibs on the Starline 6.5CM brass.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is the Creed related to the .270? Li'l sister?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
PB, I'll call first dibs on the Starline 6.5CM brass.

JG. Dry year here so far. I keep waiting for your West Texas muley pics. Please.

Angeles Ranch at Orla is covered with oilfield and pipelines a poachers and night hunters.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/16/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nice cartridge. But see very little advantage over a .260 for basic Elmer Fudd deer/elk/sasquatch HUNTING with HUNTING bullets. Barnes TSX/TTSX, Accubond, Partition, et al will not win 1000 yd tournaments. However, they're dang good cervid slayers. And the Xtra high BC of various match bullets will do MUCH BETTER in the Creed than the .260. So what, if you're a 300yd and less hunter. Creedmoor makes a better match round, but for hunting purposes for the great unwashed it's no improvement over a.260, perhaps a minutia step back. Each lives in the mid-velocity range that make lead core bullets very effective while running lighter weight monometal at velocities sufficient to utilize their advantage. A big advantage is bringing new shooters into the .264 arena. Great caliber. Velocities, depending on headstamp, from mid to ultra-high. Recoil very manageable. Marketing ploys and uncontrolled expectations are for the foolish.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

"Endangering motorists..."

That's hilarious.

what about a wayward cyclist coming through your windshield like a deer?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I have two Tikka 6.5 Creedmoors, one is a T3X Superlite for the grandkids or wife to shoot and the other is the big CTR version for dedicated range fun. Loading components are easy to come by, recoil is not harsh and the rifles flat out shoot, right out of the box. They are fun guns and shooting for hunting or recreation should be fun.

Who gives a [bleep] what any one else uses or likes to shoot.

The people who give a schidt what other people shoot are the kind of people who care what people think about what they shoot.

Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 72 invisible), 16,433 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,184
Posts18,543,283
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.