-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude, get some energy supplements for your sense of humor.

Maybe watch the impeachment thing with a touch of LSD?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Dude, get some energy supplements for your sense of humor.

Maybe watch the impeachment thing with a touch of LSD?

Ya don't LSD to watch it.....everyone there is already on it!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No dumber that the goofball that cornered me at a gun show and was telling me how stupid it was to even own a 30-06 these days and the .308 and the .223 were superior, so why would you own such an outdated caliber? I wanted to knock him over the head with the rifle I was looking at.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have yet to understand why anyone would give a rat's azz what someone else shoots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It bothers me that so many people use smokeless powder these days.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
It bothers me that so many people use smokeless powder these days.

And primers...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brass casings.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pneumatic wheels..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Battery powered personal massagers...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by ltppowell

6.5 CM is a perfect example. When I get one (and I will)
I will never admit it to another sole.

Sounds like you might already own one.....Hmm?

grin

Not yet. As many of them flying of the shelves into the hands of retards as there are it's inevitable. I buy most of my guns from pawn shops.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by montanabadger
Yeah, when I was in grade school there was this kid I hated that hunted with a 257 bob and thought it was the best thing since Orville Redenbacher. Never could stand that cartridge after knowing him, still don't like it. When I hear people talk about how great it is, I think blah blah blah all while knowing it's a good round. Makes alot of sence don't it.

I felt the same way about Barnes X bullets for a long time. Pragmatically I knew they were a good bullet but a former friend beat everyone he knew over the head with the Barnes X bible. No matter the cartridge, if anyone suggested a cup and core bullet it seemed like he was right there to disparage the choice and laud the Barnes X. It has only been in recent years since disassociating myself from him that I have softened my stance on the Barnes X bullets. I actually load them in a rifle or two now. Baby steps.

I fell you bud. I am not there with Barnes yet. Some of us Neanderthals may never get woke.

Imagine if you will, a Barnes X boolit in a Creedmore.

BOOM!

Please tell me the damn rifle isn't wearing a Vortex Strike Eagle scope.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
I have yet to understand why anyone would give a rat's azz what someone else shoots.

Exactly. I don't ffuukking want to hear some bucktooth, mouth breathing, Momma's basement dwelling geek telling me about how the Creedmoor is the best dangerous game chambering since the 470 Capstick.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

I agree... https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13566122

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

I like that. You can bake a Creed Cake.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

6.5 CM is a perfect example. When I get one (and I will)
I will never admit it to another sole.

Sounds like you might already own one.....Hmm?

grin

Not yet. As many of them flying of the shelves into the hands of retards as there are it's inevitable. I buy most of my guns from pawn shops.

When all of these goobs realize they have to actually go outside to shoot their Creedpuffs, they'll start pawning them off to pay for more data.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reivertom
No dumber that the goofball that cornered me at a gun show and was telling me how stupid it was to even own a 30-06 these days and the .308 and the .223 were superior, so why would you own such an outdated caliber? I wanted to knock him over the head with the rifle I was looking at.

You didn't happen to be holding an old Springfield or M1 Garand, did you?

Those would have been fitting for a bop on the noggin'

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

Exactly. I don't ffuukking want to hear some bucktooth, mouth breathing, Momma's basement dwelling geek telling me about how the Creedmoor is the best dangerous game chambering since the 470 Capstick.

The Creed sounds like it would fit you perfectly actually now that I think about it. You could mount a rifle rack on your bike while you pedal in your streamlined tights with your flashing beacon light dumping water on your head. About as gay as the Creed per your description, no?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Dammit. I wish I'd known about this Wondercartridge earlier. I could've saved myself some grief and not wasted my time with a new #1 6.5x55. It would seem I've wasted a bunch of perfectly good Berger and Lapua 6.5 bullets in the mistaken assumption that I was righteously hip in doing so. Perhaps if I wore black yoga pants when shooting it I would regain a modicum of respect from the Creedlickers? (Maybe that's a bit drastic. Perhaps a Starbuck's double vente latte with extra cinnamon for everyone at the range on 6.5mm Day would suffice. Or not.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I own a couple that stack one into another with ease. Straight box menu of 143 eldx. No muss or fuss with either.

Cheap and fun to play with...Based off the East and Midwest deer blind hunts I just did. I could easily see an attraction to putting one to work on fur at the ranges I was told to expect, and shots I made on deer.

I always roll the brim of my ball cap...😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, when I was in grade school there was this kid I hated that hunted with a 257 bob and thought it was the best thing since Orville Redenbacher. Never could stand that cartridge after knowing him, still don't like it. When I hear people talk about how great it is, I think blah blah blah all while knowing it's a good round. Makes alot of sence don't it.

I felt the same way about Barnes X bullets for a long time. Pragmatically I knew they were a good bullet but a former friend beat everyone he knew over the head with the Barnes X bible. No matter the cartridge, if anyone suggested a cup and core bullet it seemed like he was right there to disparage the choice and laud the Barnes X. It has only been in recent years since disassociating myself from him that I have softened my stance on the Barnes X bullets. I actually load them in a rifle or two now. Baby steps.

So, you used to be friends with Art? grin

Last edited by m_stevenson; 12/18/19.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

So, you used to be friends with Art? grin

No. I don't know any Art, but this guy was truly a legend in his own mind.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Page 18 of 28 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 13,941 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,162
Posts18,542,906
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.