We were much younger back then Bob. laugh

Have a great Texas New Years!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Happy New Year Richard, where ever you are!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bob, sittin' home. Boring folks on some stogy inter forum. Yourself??

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Spandau Prison. There are only two of us here now.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’d love to go see some of the sights associated with our war for independence. Unfortunately, most of them are now surrounded by places I have no desire to visit! frown
I’ve long had an interest in The French & Indian Wars, particularly as many of the historical sights associated are in western PA. Ft Ligonier and Ft Necessity are both wonderful and interesting places to visit. There are still earthworks around here that were dug out as camps along Forbes’ Road, and the campaigns focused on getting control of the Ohio River Forks. Everette PA used to be called called Bloody Run on account of the blood of British draft horses being killed and the blood turning the creek red feeding into the Juanita River.
Would love to get up into NY and see Lake Champlain and Ticonderoga, but it’s not as high on my list as maybe going back out to MT and ND again. We’ll see.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Some of the members might live there. Any seen the sights, The Old North Church, The Liberty Bell, any of the early history of the nation?

I've seen the church, but the first English "colony" was in NC.
I've been there too.

https://www.nps.gov/fora/learn/education/the-first-english-colony.htm

In April 1585 Sir Walter Ralegh sent a second expedition to North America. The Area — now North Carolina — was named Virginia in honor of Elizabeth, the Virgin Queen.

Commanded by Sir Richard Grenville, the fleet was made up of seven vessels: the 160-tun Tyger, the flagship; the 100-tun Lyon, commanded and owned by George Raymond; the 50-tun Elizabeth, commanded and outfitted by Thomas Cavendish; the 140-tun Roebuck, the 50-tun Dorothy, and two smaller pinnaces — owned by Ralegh himself.

Their instructions were to locate an appropriate base on the fringe of Spanish Florida and there to build a fort and establish a settlement. Governor Ralph Lane, pilot Simon Fernandez, artist John White, and scientist Thomas Harriot were on the voyage.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’d love to go see some of the sights associated with our war for independence. Unfortunately, most of them are now surrounded by places I have no desire to visit! frown
I’ve long had an interest in The French & Indian Wars, particularly as many of the historical sights associated are in western PA. Ft Ligonier and Ft Necessity are both wonderful and interesting places to visit. There are still earthworks around here that were dug out as camps along Forbes’ Road, and the campaigns focused on getting control of the Ohio River Forks. Everette PA used to be called called Bloody Run on account of the blood of British draft horses being killed and the blood turning the creek red feeding into the Juanita River.
Would love to get up into NY and see Lake Champlain and Ticonderoga, but it’s not as high on my list as maybe going back out to MT and ND again. We’ll see.
7mm

Buster,
You ever see the trenches dug on Snake Spring Mountain?
Supposed to be some on Sproul, and I think Cove Mountains.

Dug by volunteers during the Civil War, in anticipation of an invasion
to attack the Iron Works by Saxton, or the railroad in Altoona.

Most folk don't know about it.
I stumbled onto it Turkey hunting.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 30 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.