Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 67 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 66 67
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
No, but if the yard hadn’t been saturated, I would have had it dumped into the trailer and drove all of it around once.

Now if Jeff filled the bed of that Tundra with those big round pieces, up and over by hand.. I don’t want to arm wrestle him.

Referring to covid, hospital had its first scare last night. Went into PICU quarantine. Discharged this afternoon as negative.

Glad to hear it was a false alarm. And no, I don't want to arm wrestle you or JeffO, at least with your dominant hand. I'm sure that both you guys give that thing a workout. Rosie and all four sisters at once!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Must be a Colorado thing.....don’t fret....

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles with my wife and Tiny Elvis- fine Spring day!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My wife got a peloton about a year ago, she got me a pair of shoes but I never used them. Today, I broke 'em out and did 30 minutes of intervals, not bad. Also found my son's old chin-up bar, the brackets were still mounted in the basement, so I did three sets.

Then, good old-fashioned push-ups. Didn't have dumbells to do rows, so I layed the spud bar across the picnic table on one side and the Weber gas grill on the other, layed down underneath and pulled myself up, got my rows in that way. Just about the right height, might have to adjust it later.

With all the gyms closed, you've gotta improvise.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
yeah a gym kind of spoils a guy smile

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buried in shop work... not complaining... youngest just moved back today after her last quarter of college was cancelled, so we are attempting a 2-week quarantine of sorts...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
9 mile trail hike with Merlot....

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
7 mile loop with Tiny E, today I wore my spikes- these trails were a lot less icy than yesterday, but there were a couple of stretches that made the spikes worthwhile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike, is this gonna mess you up?

"The Pacific Northwest is closing outdoor recreation on a scale never previously imagined.
In the quest to contain COVID-19, and follow state-issued orders for people to stay home, the U.S. Forest Service will close all national forest recreation sites across both Oregon and Washington in coming days, the agency announced Friday.
The total closures amount to around 24 million acres of forest, mountains and coast spread across 17 national forests, two National Scenic Areas, a national grassland, and two National Volcanic Monuments.
The shutdown includes all hiking trails, campgrounds, sno-parks, boat ramps and OHV riding areas — any place that is considered a "developed recreation site," officials said. "

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I mean, is it coming to your AO as well?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Nope, in Montana, only developed areas like campgrounds, day use areas, cabins (FS) are closed.
Still lots of wide open spaces.
I’ve been socially distancing myself all my life. I try to go where people aren’t. I know Mike does the same.

Ed T

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i hear ya... but if they close the NF's....

Surreal times....

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Buried in shop work... not complaining... youngest just moved back today after her last quarter of college was cancelled, so we are attempting a 2-week quarantine of sorts...

Thank you for posting Rolling thunder. I was really getting worried about your mundane daily activities.Heroes like you will get us through this crisis. God Speed!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
yeah we're still in good shape as far as outside recreation; they did surprisingly close Yellowstone Park- I can understand closing concessions (which in March isn't many), but the whole park- in March????

trail races and anything involving multiple folks is out for the foreseeable future

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Nope, in Montana, only developed areas like campgrounds, day use areas, cabins (FS) are closed.
Still lots of wide open spaces.
I’ve been socially distancing myself all my life. I try to go where people aren’t. I know Mike does the same.

Yep. Down here with the stay-at-home order even in the cities they exempted getting outside for exercise, as long as you can maintain distance. All parks are open, except the spots where people congregate. More people out on the trails then I've ever seen, but no one sitting on the benches or using the picnic tables. You've got to go off-trail to get away from all the people.

Ordered a wide-angle pull-up bar, wall-mounted. It has a couple of different grip options including hammer grip. I think I'll build a stand for it, to put it outside.

Gonna also build a little platform to stand on, about 18-24" tall, and use the spud bar with 5-gallon buckets of water on each end for dead lifts. Should be sporty, trying to keep the water from sloshing out. Adjust the weight with more buckets and a garden hose, you've got to improvise!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a door frame mounted bar- it's fair, but nothing more; I'd like to get a good pull up/dip stand (of course a nice squat cage/bench and 300-ish lbs of free weights would be nice too :D)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Right now I'd be happy with a good set of dumbells......

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Right now I'd be happy with a good set of dumbells......

true that! I used to have a pair of bells w/ twist lock ends and took the 1" hole weights- I think I got rid of the setup when we moved six years ago, wish I had them now!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These things are allowed... and it seems impossible they'd restrict... until they aren't., and they do.

Anyway glad it looks like you'll have your trails for awhile at least. Looks like BLM is still open for recreation here and that's mostly what we use for exercise, so, yay.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
speaking of the PNW smile just submitted my backcountry application for the Wonderland Trail (mid September), my buddy applied with the exact same plan, so we've doubled our chances (and we clicked reverse our routes too)- our thinking that after Labor Day few less folks and our application was for mid-week, less people yet

supposedly will get back to us in a couple of weeks w/ a yeah or nay, there is also 30% of the backcountry permits that are allocated daily- so that's a possibility too

Page 24 of 67 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.