Hop To
Page 8 of 67 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 66 67
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

While we're on the subject of each others' workouts, tell me about the 02 trainer, what benefits do you get from that?

If you're referring to the asphyxiation masks, absolutely nothing.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The O2 is not a mask. I've read that there are some benefits, but not as great as the purveyors would have you believe. Never tried one myself so I can't say.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I see. Haven't heard of them I suppose. Living at altitude I need all the oxygen I can inhale.

Wednesday night was low intensity cardio (130-140 hr) for 45mins.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No worries MCH. So, how does the O2 trainer work? Does it strengthen the muscles you use for breathing?

https://youtu.be/uL8ZHCHoHLA

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hit the gym, did goblet squats, RDLs, quad extensions, glute bridge, calf raises,leg press, and a bunch of different leg raises.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MCH - the O2 trainer is different than what I was thinking about. I'm going to look into that further since I already have restricted airflow maybe it'll help maximize what I can do.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Here's a classic jeff-workout.... grin. Spent about 3 hours under the house fixing a major drain line issue. And a couple more laying on the floor or kneeling and snaking the [bleep]. Good times. I was actually getting cramps in my abs under there, which was funny, because I've been doing crunches at night. Crawling uses everything, as far as I can tell from the aftermath. Pretty tired.

Got a bad cold so that about did me in for the day. And haven't been walking or riding. I think that cold-air "asthma" I had on the one recent ride was this cold coming on. It started in my upper lungs. Tight as a vise.

This is why your guys workout bro hasn’t been here visiting with you all. He’s too busy fighting the good fight against the evil republicans
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Originally Posted by cv540
They know Trump is heavily favored to win in 2020.
Just another ploy to delegitimize his presidency. "A rational voter base wouldnt elect him. He must have cheated."

It's way more basic than what you say.

The strong prey on the weak for fun. For three years the Dems have abused Trump at will. His response is to cry like a pussy on twitter all day long.

Why would they stop abusing this weakling when they are getting the response they hoped to get?

They will abuse him until he stops crying or he dies.

They've already lined up another impeachment for when this one is finished. Round 2 will be based on his financials. And he will cry like a pussy again for our entertainment. lol

Go on Trumpy, cry for our entertainment. What could be more fun to watch?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott
MCH - the O2 trainer is different than what I was thinking about. I'm going to look into that further since I already have restricted airflow maybe it'll help maximize what I can do.

Here's some interesting information.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-elevation-training-masks-improve-your-endurance

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Even if it works, you only get a couple weeks of increased oxygen efficiency if one stops using the masks.

Elevation training works because it elevates hemoglobin, red blood cells and erythropoietin and reduces plasma volume. It is a psychological adaptation process that doesn't happen with 30minutes a day and then returning to sea level for the rest of the day. There are certain health conditions where increasing those four markers are not in the best interests in that they cause the blood to be thicker.

Should be relatively easy to prove the masks improve performance by testing for the above markers. Tho O2 trainer says it also improves the elasticity of internal lung tissue. Can 30-45 minutes of low oxygen exercise improve lung function above that of a normal exercise program? And if so, is the difference significant and long term?

Seen a few with the masks at the gym, all of them young male athletes. Have yet to see one keep using them over a long period of time.

Don't be bogarting the procrit....pass it around....

Last edited by battue; 01/25/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
4.5 mile hike with some good climbs. First one! smile Achilles felt fine.

I think I mentioned a cold a couple weeks ago. It turned out to be flu. It mopped the floor with me, I have not been that sick in decades. Just now resurfacing into the world. I guess the silver lining is the Achilles got a couple weeks of major rest- might as well have been in a walking boot.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-elevation-training-masks-improve-your-endurance

The O2 trainer is not a altitude mask. You are confusing the two. The purpose of the O2 trainer has nothing to do with altitude training. It trains you Alveoli, and as the article you post said of course there is a limit to what can be achieved. Much like everything else! Lot's of people talk but few with any real world experience with the O2 trainer. Is it magic? Hell NO. Does it work? Yes it has for me.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know the O2 trainer is not a mask, I said as much a few posts back. And none of these devices have anything to do with altitude training, regardless of the claims by their purveyors.

The "O2 trainer" works on the same principle as masks, they all restrict your air intake and make it harder to breathe. Not your O2 intake. It ain't rocket science. I couldn't find anything on-line about the O2 trainer specifically, other than promotional videos done by its maker. I tend not to trust those.

The only objective info. is a few studies, the most recent I could find in 2016. It's cited in the fox news piece, which is IMO a good critique on all similar devices.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I know the O2 trainer is not a mask, I said as much a few posts back. And none of these devices have anything to do with altitude training, regardless of the claims by their purveyors.

The "O2 trainer" works on the same principle as masks, they all restrict your air intake and make it harder to breathe. Not your O2 intake. It ain't rocket science. I couldn't find anything on-line about the O2 trainer specifically, other than promotional videos done by its maker. I tend not to trust those.

The only objective info. is a few studies, the most recent I could find in 2016. It's cited in the fox news piece, which is IMO a good critique on all similar devices.

My response was to Scott. I just took your post as well because it did have the article about the typic.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Partner round robin WOD. Two man teams alternating movements, all movements unbroken.

25 Wall Balls
25 Box Jumps
25 Burpee's
25 Kettlebell swings 62lb
25 overhead presses

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

The O2 trainer is not a altitude mask. You are confusing the two. The purpose of the O2 trainer has nothing to do with altitude training. It trains you Alveoli, and as the article you post said of course there is a limit to what can be achieved. Much like everything else! Lot's of people talk but few with any real world experience with the O2 trainer. Is it magic? Hell NO. Does it work? Yes it has for me.

Yep, the altitude mask is what I was thinking about. Back when I was on triathlon forums there was a lot of discussion about those and the limited usefulness based on what Battue described. Haven't had time to research the O2 trainer yet.

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Got back from a great (but tough) snowshoe trip- day one was 14 miles and close to 6000' gain, just bivied up in meadow under a couple of big Doug Fir's; day two was 18 miles and about 4000' of gain. Saw quite a few deer (surprisingly given the snow), including a bachelor herd of six bucks. Saw a couple of bull elk bedded on an opposite ridge- wolf tracks and lion tracks sprinkled here and there.

We were supposed to do one more night at a Forest Service cabin, but by the time we hit the second trailhead we were close to four -five hours behind and near dark, so we hoofed it back down the road to the original trailhead and called it good- hit the York bar for burgers and beer a couple hours after dark smile

[Linked Image from imgur.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice, I took a 2-hour walk with a pack today, no snow.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
IPA 6 pack again?

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hiked 6 miles, 1k feet gain

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 8 of 67 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.