-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know the extent of my shoulder injury, but I can throw a rock or ball maybe twice (and not well at all) before I'm done.

I was leading a mare out of a barn one afternoon back in '85, and that worthless nag rared up because she tripped herself on the door roller foundation...totally unexpected. Yanked my arm up and back in a way it was never meant to move. I'd given her way too much slack, I guess. It hurt like the devil for a few months and I'd have to support my right arm just right to relieve the pain. After a while I learned to just regard the pain as nothing but a meaningless sensation, and these days it rarely bothers me.

I wish I could do that five minute stretch over again, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Didnt bowhunt this morning because of back pain. Work had me lit up friday, and i put in a new washing machine yesterday. Slow go today.

Not horrible. Just a fatiguing constant blah.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/05/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reason I'm not a rock star and was slow to get married is I ripped off my left ring finger near 50 years ago. That killed my guitar pickin'.

The up side is I can count in fractions with my fingers and if a cashier is dawdling too much for my tastes I can put my hand on the counter and wave stubby at 'em. It's electrifying!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Not my shoulder, but here's one that caught up to me! Just over 2 years since the surgery and doing SO much better! The shots, and therapy, no longer helped and I was in so much pain... not any more. I used to be invincible... used to be. It's slowed me down a little, but I'm picking up speed again! Mine's the result of an old water skiing and motorcycle accident (arthritis set in) and then 40 years of electrical construction. Hope the best for you and your situation!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looks like my back but I have two less though. 50%+ of people that have this surgery are back in less than ten years adding to the top because that vertebrae/disc then takes all the stress. I am right at ten years, but have decided to put up with the pain. I am tired of these doctors " practicing medicine"

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Not my shoulder, but here's one that caught up to me! Just over 2 years since the surgery and doing SO much better! The shots, and therapy, no longer helped and I was in so much pain... not any more. I used to be invincible... used to be. It's slowed me down a little, but I'm picking up speed again! Mine's the result of an old water skiing and motorcycle accident (arthritis set in) and then 40 years of electrical construction. Hope the best for you and your situation!

Is that your neck or lower back?

IC B2

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I am a Registered Master Maine Guide, so I guess I am accustomed to some accidents in the woods, although rare.

This picture is of my Left Arm/Wrist, happened on a Moose Hunt I was guiding people on for a week. Before the season opened
I was scouting on a Saturday with my 10 yr. old granddaughter and my English Setter Race. We were about 25 miles from the nearest
paved road, 50 miles from the nearest Hospital, as in 4 rooms in Northern Maine when this happened. I patched myself up, got two moose on Monday, 1 moose on Tuesday.
I went back to the Hospital, they saved my arm/hand. I did not appreciate then how close blood poisoning came to killing me.
Everyone talks about the red lines from blood poisoning, I had 9 on them, some short, some almost to my elbow.

This injury took some time to recover from, I also understand pain, I still have lingering effects from this injury, the good news,
carpal tunnel syndrome I'm not worried about on this arm.

That picture is at my home on my dining room table, that is how the little hospital in Northern Maine sent me home. WTF, like I said
I understand pain.

Last edited by vferguson3006; 01/05/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/quote]
Is that your neck or lower back?[/quote]

My lower spine.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's become a test between the body and the memory.
Things will start to hurt out of the blue where I'm thinking "Why the hell is that hurting, I didn't do anything to that!?" Then some time later it will come back to me. Oh yeah!

Example, I was recently having unexplained pain in my wrist/hand with no idea why. A few days in I saw an old photo of me shooting a multi gun match. "What the heck is that on my arm?" Duh. yeah the brace I wore for about eight months after getting my arm under me in another actiivity and getting it bent way too far back! How the hell could I not remember that? That gave me problems for years! (Who knows what else I'm forgetting)

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Something always hurts, old age. I ignore it and go on.

Last edited by hanco; 01/05/20.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gunner500
No haunt, just hurt, put it out of your head and plow forward, we need to live hard and play hard till we die! smile

Yessir. When I wake up hurting in the morning, I am reassured that I am not dead. Like Gunner says, plow forward and make sure that the corpse you leave when you die, is thoroughly worn out.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Reason I'm not a rock star and was slow to get married is I ripped off my left ring finger near 50 years ago. That killed my guitar pickin'.

The up side is I can count in fractions with my fingers and if a cashier is dawdling too much for my tastes I can put my hand on the counter and wave stubby at 'em. It's electrifying!

Outstanding. Simply outstanding.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who knew, or cared, about knee issues when you're an early 20s Y.O. paratrooper? I wish I had. My knees and lower back are a mess. I hurt when I get up, and when I go to bed, and all day long. Muscle relaxers help a little.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Surgery on both knees, both shoulders and an ankle. Lower back is out half the time. Arthritis in the shoulders and hands. Other then that I am just fine.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
where are the liberal whiners on here, complaining about their hurt feelings last election grin

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Made it through four years of football in high school with no serious injuries. 'Got two concussions racing snowmobiles. One time I got knocked off my sled when the guy in front of me spit a stud off his track and hit me square in the helmet right above my goggles. I went off the back of the old Merc like someone had hit me with a pole ax. The second time I was walking across the infield up at Eagle River, slipped on the ice and fell back and hit my head. 'Woke up in a hospital two day later having no idea how I got there. My brother said I had a couple very pretty and well endowed nurses, but I'll be damned if I could remember them. I lost about a week of recognizance over that one. Every once in a while things get a little foggy, and I attribute it to the concussions.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My left lower leg acts up from time to time.
This spelled the end of motocross racing back in my late twenties.
I still get around pretty wsll despite all of this hardwate.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Armed - have you done the screwdriver test? I messed my right shoulder up in 2006, was about to move and couldn't figure it out as to why pain was sporadic. After 6 months of it not getting better or worse I finally noticed a pattern. I couldn't do anything where my thumb went past noon and toward one o'clock, by 2 o'clock I was on the floor gasping for breath. Finally saw the orthopedist and went right to the MRI. Torn labrum almost to the point of letting go of the shoulder completely and bicep rolling down the arm. 4 anchors and lots of therapy later it was back 100%. Hope yours isn't as bad and you get it resolved.

Dean - that's more hardware than in my front porch!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by vferguson3006
I am a Registered Master Maine Guide, so I guess I am accustomed to some accidents in the woods, although rare.

This picture is of my Left Arm/Wrist, happened on a Moose Hunt I was guiding people on for a week. Before the season opened
I was scouting on a Saturday with my 10 yr. old granddaughter and my English Setter Race. We were about 25 miles from the nearest
paved road, 50 miles from the nearest Hospital, as in 4 rooms in Northern Maine when this happened. I patched myself up, got two moose on Monday, 1 moose on Tuesday.
I went back to the Hospital, they saved my arm/hand. I did not appreciate then how close blood poisoning came to killing me.
Everyone talks about the red lines from blood poisoning, I had 9 on them, some short, some almost to my elbow.

This injury took some time to recover from, I also understand pain, I still have lingering effects from this injury, the good news,
carpal tunnel syndrome I'm not worried about on this arm.

That picture is at my home on my dining room table, that is how the little hospital in Northern Maine sent me home. WTF, like I said
I understand pain.

That's nasty. Are the yellowish-orange splotches from iodine? How did you get that gash?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
f I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Mickey Mantle

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have left knee that reminds me of the time I spent playing Rugby, circa 1994 ACL repair. Slowly getting worse as I age.

I severely sprained my right ankle last spring, still recovering from that. X-Rays showed I had broken it n a previous incident that I do not even remember.

My right shoulder complains from all the heavy traditional bows I have shot over the last 25 years and from a cliff diving mishap where I caught my arm entering the water.

Arcus Venator
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.