Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Please bear with me here.

I don't think I'm the only one confused.

I've tried for awhile now to get some facts about this 2nd Amendment fight, and keep coming up short. You cannot do any sort of internet search and come up with anything other than propaganda.

While I get that the sorry assed governor would send armed personnel to disarm American citizens, has any legislation passed yet?

Could someone please post a source that breaks down the facts and doesn't have propaganda?

Virginia may get much more help with this issue if everyone weren't so confused about it.

Thanks!

Barry

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good post..........I've been thinking along the same lines myself. While I do not trust the Democrats in Virginia, or any other place else to take care of our SA right, I also believe there are some on "our side" who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Please bear with me here.

I don't think I'm the only one confused.

I've tried for awhile now to get some facts about this 2nd Amendment fight, and keep coming up short. You cannot do any sort of internet search and come up with anything other than propaganda.

While I get that the sorry assed governor would send armed personnel to disarm American citizens, has any legislation passed yet?

Could someone please post a source that breaks down the facts and doesn't have propaganda?

Virginia may get much more help with this issue if everyone weren't so confused about it.

Thanks!

Barry
Wish I had some more objective links to post. The facts as I understand them are...Virginia has both of its state houses full of Dems with them holding majorities. The newly elected Governor is a Dem. None of this stuff has passed...yet. With those conditions existing, it is probable that the anti-gun measures predicted, will get passed early in the next session, which hasn't started yet. So while possible that these things aren't passed into law, it is probable that they will be. Beyond that, there has been a lot of rhetoric by the Governor-elect and some others in positions of authority in the state government, about how they will enforce the currently non-existent laws.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I watched a video describing in detail what is at stake last night. (Can’t figure out how to copy and paste it). If the legislation goes through the wording is so grey that it would allow government to confiscate any weapon, parts or “intent” from anyone and require law enforcement to carry out their duty or loose their job and benefits.
Pretty scary if it did pass. Pretty much abolishing the 2nd amendment.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Good post..........I've been thinking along the same lines myself. While I do not trust the Democrats in Virginia, or any other place else to take care of our SA right, I also believe there are some on "our side" who don't have a clue what they're talking about.
While all of this is still up in the air at this point, I believe that it is Ostrich-like to take a laid back attitude about what the top Dems in the state have said they will do. I further think that it is better to err on the side of paranoia rather than get caught with one's pants down.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bamagun01
I watched a video describing in detail what is at stake last night. (Can’t figure out how to copy and paste it). If the legislation goes through the wording is so grey that it would allow government to confiscate any weapon, parts or “intent” from anyone and require law enforcement to carry out their duty or loose their job and benefits.
Pretty scary if it did pass. Pretty much abolishing the 2nd amendment.
Yes, it is scary in that it really pushes nominally pro-gun LE into bad situations. The hardcore pro-gun LE will not act regardless, but some that are on our side "in theory" will probably want to keep feeding their families.

It bears repeating also that there are many on "our side" who advocate just complying with any law no matter how Draconian, and then letting it play out in the courts. The problem with that is historically, once those guns are confiscated, if you get them back they may be in no shape to ever be used again. Just take a gander online, at what has happened when guns are returned. ie What condition they are in, etc. There was a case fairly recently, where some gentleman had his guns confiscated by a hostile force...it was the ATF themselves, I think. They literally had stored his guns in barrels of salt water and rendered them useless. They then threatened him with further legal action against him if he sued them for it. So the courts DID rule in his favor, but what did it get him?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Don't know if this will answer your question , but go to VCDL web site , scroll to bottom and click on legislation tracking .
Kenneth

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The new Demonrat majority hasn't been sworn in yet.

The Governor has promised his constituents that when his fellow Demonrats are sworn in he will propose a ban on AR's,AK's ect.He also has promised stricter laws on all handgun purchases,especially private sales.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Legislative session starts this Wed. Jan.8th
Here is one of the more onerous bills being brought up for a vote....Senate Bill 16, by Saslaw from Fairfax, where 3,000 members of MS13 runs rampant.
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+SB16

Not only will it declare any weapon holding over 10rds an assault weapons, but also any part used to make them an assault weapons, including the magazine itself.
This is just ONE of MANY bills being brought up.

This means either a confiscation, or possibly a registration instead. Either choice is unacceptable and will not be adhered too.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/05/20.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
From what i understand, I think EE summarized it pretty well. What I expect to happen is several pro Second Ammendment groups will have law suits ready to file and as soon as the Governor signs the legislation, these lawsuits will be filed. A judge will issue a stay on enforcement and the legislation will end up in the Supreme Court. We need to support the pro Second Ammendment groups financially so they have the resources to take the battle all the way to the Supreme Court.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Wish I had some more objective links to post. The facts as I understand them are...Virginia has both of its state houses full of Dems with them holding majorities. The newly elected Governor is a Dem. None of this stuff has passed...yet. With those conditions existing, it is probable that the anti-gun measures predicted, will get passed early in the next session, which hasn't started yet. So while possible that these things aren't passed into law, it is probable that they will be. Beyond that, there has been a lot of rhetoric by the Governor-elect and some others in positions of authority in the state government, about how they will enforce the currently non-existent laws.

That's where I was in my understanding of the situation, before the confusing propaganda got thrown in.

Thanks

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100
From what i understand, I think EE summarized it pretty well. What I expect to happen is several pro Second Ammendment groups will have law suits ready to file and as soon as the Governor signs the legislation, these lawsuits will be filed. A judge will issue a stay on enforcement and the legislation will end up in the Supreme Court. We need to support the pro Second Ammendment groups financially so they have the resources to take the battle all the way to the Supreme Court.

That's what I was thinking as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm also confused on the honorable governor and his statements.

Did he actually threaten to have resistors killed?

Or was that part of the propaganda?

I swear, search engines are worthless in anything political these days. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by JamesJr
While all of this is still up in the air at this point, I believe that it is Ostrich-like to take a laid back attitude about what the top Dems in the state have said they will do. I further think that it is better to err on the side of paranoia rather than get caught with one's pants down.

Plus one.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
well guys get ready to open up your pocket books we will be flippin the bill on these whine`n Liberals again. in my small gun business if i know its a liberal buying a hunting rifle i make sure they pay a little more to help pay for these things . GRIN

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Search engines like Google, up till the Trump victory, were one of the most amazing achievements of mankind. They were designed to operate according to natural and logical algorithms which favored most searched, most thumbed up, most linked, and most read items. Then the owners/operators of these search engines determined that they would do what they had to to prevent another Trump victory, and started manipulating the algorithms to promote material favoring leftist and globohomo views and demoting materials disfavoring leftist and globohomo views. This basically made these search engines useless as research tools, and deprived man of one of his greatest achievements, reminiscent of the burning of the Library of Alexandria.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Search engines like Google were one of the most amazing achievements of mankind till the Trump victory. They were designed to operate according to natural algorithms which favored most searched, most thumbed up, and most read items. Then the owner/operators of these search engines determined that they would do what they had to to prevent another Trump victory, and started manipulating the algorithms to promote material favoring leftist views and demoting materials favoring views opposed to leftism. This basically made these search engines useless as research tools, and deprived man of one of his greatest achievements.

Liberals fug up everything they touch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Rep. McEachin made the statement that if folks didn't comply it was an option to bring in the national guard to force compliance. I don't believe anyone has thread killing citizens directly, but veiled threats like McEachin's should be taken seriously. Too much at stake here for the entire country, and they will not back down willingly. They will have to be backed down.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I sure have seen the search engines get less useful in accordance with what TRH is talking about.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 01/05/20.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Virginia is, as far as I know, the only state in the Union where a governor cannot succeed himself in office. Infanticide Ralph was elected in November 2017. Due to the way districts are drawn, some Dems will have interesting choices to make, Deeds being the first one who comes to mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,445
Posts18,528,740
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.