Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 43 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 42 43
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
There's no doubt about it.......... Paulie be one bad mofo............ laugh

Nope. Not a badass at all. When I bicycle I do so with a great deal of respect for motorists. Really no different from the way I drive. When I drive I do so in deference to the vulnerability of pedestrians and cyclists, and also with great respect. I encounter cyclists and pedestrians on my commute every day. Some of them behave remarkably dumb. Even with that they are never a threat to my safety and never much more than a fleeting inconvenience. I can't say the same thing about the motorists that I encounter on a daily basis. I can't even begin to comprehend how entitled some of you must feel to take such great offense to the rare and limited inconvenience cyclists pose to them. But by God we'll all be tough enough to go to war if our guns are banned.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That John Wayne wouldn't play on my computer, here is another one with The Duke, music from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Ms-OspceM

I like bicycles and I own an $800 Trek mountain bike. But this video is funny.

John Wayne wouldn't cry about having to go around a bicyclist either. He was a real man.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I haven't read all the posts here, but I will offer my opinion. I live on a rural road. There are no shoulders, no sidewalks and the lanes aren't as wide as an interstate by any means. And the roads aren't straight, many curves and hills, you can't see what is ahead half the time. Why cyclists pick these roads to ride I ave no idea, especially since they ride in the middle of the lane. In my view, they are asking for an accident, because sooner or later it will happen. Either the cyclist will get run over, pushed off the road and wreck, or cause a head on with an on coming car. It's not safe for anyone, yet they still do it. It should be restricted to proper roads only, where everyone's safety is as best as can be.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I haven't read all the posts here, but I will offer my opinion. I live on a rural road. There are no shoulders, no sidewalks and the lanes aren't as wide as an interstate by any means. And the roads aren't straight, many curves and hills, you can't see what is ahead half the time. Why cyclists pick these roads to ride I ave no idea, especially since they ride in the middle of the lane. In my view, they are asking for an accident, because sooner or later it will happen. Either the cyclist will get run over, pushed off the road and wreck, or cause a head on with an on coming car. It's not safe for anyone, yet they still do it. It should be restricted to proper roads only, where everyone's safety is as best as can be.

Or drivers could simply not outdrive their line of sight, and everything would be fine. But I certainly understand the mentality that finds fault with the cyclist when a motorist outdrives their line of sight. I really like the part about the cyclist "causing" a head-on! Nice work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Or drivers could simply not outdrive their line of sight, and everything would be fine. But I certainly understand the mentality that finds fault with the cyclist when a motorist outdrives their line of sight. I really like the part about the cyclist "causing" a head-on! Nice work.

Only a mentally deficient mind would think it was OK for bicycles to ride like that risking lives is alright.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Only a mentally deficient mind would think it was OK for bicycles to ride like that risking lives is alright.

When I am driving, no cyclist can endanger my life by riding in a traffic lane on a winding road. So if the cyclist "endangers" one motorist and not the next, maybe it's the motorist that is the issue.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 700LH

Yup. It's the entitled mentality of many unfortunately.

I've said it before on here, but I'll reiterate. In my area, there are hundreds if not thousands of miles of state and Forest Service roads that a pedal biker can use to recreate on. Not to mention gated roads that have no motorized traffic. But instead, many choose to pedal along on 2 lane, no shoulder, 70 mph highways that are already clogged with tourists pulling campers, boats, etc. and local traffic. Simple arrogance, no other way to put it. Bad enough to deal with the poofters in towns where they have their own special lane, up here it's ridiculous.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a lot of bicyclists around here that love to ride right in the middle of the road clogging up traffic. Most of the local roads are curvy 2 lanes and more than once I have come out of a steep blind curve and damned near ran over some idiot in a spandex suit laboring up a steep grade.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

These are the type of Roads that I haul farm and Industrial Equipment quite often, 14 and 16 ft wide down and find some [bleep] dumb bicyclist at the bottom of a hill in a curve that can't pedal up the next f****** help son of a b**** ass need to go back to town where you came from

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
ALL the cyclists where I live are self entitled stupid jerks who think they own the streets. They ride expensive looking skinny tired bikes with skinny seats and dress like wanna be bike racers. I'm sure that almost all of them are transplanted Democrats from Austin. They've screwed up Austin (bike lane Capital) and are trying to screw up the surrounding towns. Sometimes they ride 4 wide in the street taking up a whole traffic lane even when there are bike lanes available and blow through stop signs/red lights. When they do ride in a bike lane they ride right on the line nearest the auto traffic. I rode a bike a lot when I was kid but was a very careful rider and stayed out of the way of traffic. My bike had big soft balloon tires and a big sprung well padded seat that you could sit straight up in if you wanted to. I haven't ridden a bicycle in years because I don't want to sit on my gonads like the guys around here do on their narrow skinny seats.

Last edited by victoro; 01/05/20.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Campfire Bicyclist Derangement Syndrome is alive and rollin'!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yup. It's the entitled mentality of many unfortunately.

I've said it before on here, but I'll reiterate. In my area, there are hundreds if not thousands of miles of state and Forest Service roads that a pedal biker can use to recreate on. Not to mention gated roads that have no motorized traffic. But instead, many choose to pedal along on 2 lane, no shoulder, 70 mph highways that are already clogged with tourists pulling campers, boats, etc. and local traffic. Simple arrogance, no other way to put it. Bad enough to deal with the poofters in towns where they have their own special lane, up here it's ridiculous.

You did a great job of providing perspective. The roads are clogged with motor vehicles. Doesn't sound like bicyclists are the problem. I may be the only one on this forum that believes that bicycles are infinitely easier to get around than F-350s towing a 5th wheel at 60 MPH, but that's been my experience. I rode on a rural 55 MPH highway in Colorado last summer. It was a lightly traveled road. Most vehicles that encountered me never had to lift off the gas. At one point I realized I had not been passed in 10-15 minutes. I pulled over to take a few pics. When I did, a slow moving motor home came by with about a dozen or so motorists jammed up behind it. But yes, I understand how some of you have difficulty negotiating bicyclists. You have made it very clear.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The highway is the most dangerous place on Earth.

Hey dumbass, ever wonder why hitchhikers don't walk out in traffic?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The highway is the most dangerous place on Earth.

Hey dumbass, ever wonder why hitchhikers don't walk out in traffic?

Can you explain to me the difficulty you have in going around a bicycle on the road?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Can you explain the difficulty in not creating an (unnecessary)hazard on public roadways?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got zero problems with cyclists as long as they keep outside the white line if there's a paved shoulder or as far over as safe if not. Its the odd twit(s) that think the center of the lane is their spot and could care less if they hold up traffic. That is dangerous for everybody but mainly them. IME having driven tons of highway miles with work and otherwise I'd say the problem cyclists in my mind would make up less than 10%. And a lot of them really have their schit wired, are aware of traffic and do the right things.

Last edited by Salty303; 01/05/20.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Can you explain the difficulty in not creating an (unnecessary)hazard on public roadways?

Or, if they decide to ride the public ways.............why many feel the rules of the road don't app!y to them. Those same cyclists who bitch about traffic not yielding won't give an inch to a runner.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Vehicle drivers let bike riders with that attitude have it all the time. Wonder why.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
We have a lot of bicyclists around here that love to ride right in the middle of the road clogging up traffic. Most of the local roads are curvy 2 lanes and more than once I have come out of a steep blind curve and damned near ran over some idiot in a spandex suit laboring up a steep grade.

Never outdrive your line of sight!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
. When they do ride in a bike lane they ride right on the line nearest the auto traffic.

There is often a legitimate reason for that.

Page 32 of 43 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 71 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.