Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Maybe they're confusing feral hogs with Democrats?? They both breed like crazy and cause tons of damage!!!!

BUT, dead hogs don’t vote.

DF

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
But dead democrats do!

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Caught this pig this morning, he has some nice cutters. Guy on the lease gave him a dose of 357 blues.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 01/06/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nice cutters on that one!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There is so much difference in what most people call hunting , and what happens in Texas, Texans kill stuff, there is no hunting involved, you sit and watch corn thrown on the ground , and then you choose whether to shoot that deer or let it grow a couple more years. Its a business just like anything else, if you have the green you can shoot whatever you want, but hunting it is not .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by jimy
There is so much difference in what most people call hunting , and what happens in Texas, Texans kill stuff, there is no hunting involved, you sit and watch corn thrown on the ground , and then you choose whether to shoot that deer or let it grow a couple more years. Its a business just like anything else, if you have the green you can shoot whatever you want, but hunting it is not .

I don't know where you live but you should come to Texas (especially the south Texas brush country) and show us the right way to hunt. Maybe a landowner will give you an opportunity to demonstrate your superior hunting methods and skills. The last deer lease I had was overrun with hogs and 10 of us killed over 70 hogs at corn feeders during bow season. When rifle season started they disappeared (went nocturnal) after you shot a hog with a rifle. The rancher let 2 young local young guys hunt hogs year round with dogs (pit bulls) except during hunting season. The weekend before bow season started they hunted all weekend with dogs and killed ONE small boar hog,

Last edited by victoro; 01/05/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Funny thing.

The place we hunt has no corn/corn feeders or man placed feed just for them.

It has been harvested milo,cotton and peanut fields that have been harvested.

It was a fun time.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
jimy perpetually proves he's dumber than a sack of hammer handles. Ignore the loser and you'll be better off, and certainly won't miss anything.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I lived and worked in Odessa for years, the "deer lease" was my first experience at Texas deer hunting, it consisted of ten or twelve corn feeders on timers, set to go off at half hour intervals, us "hunters" could chose to sit and watch one of these feeders, or ride around in the back of a truck with a bench seat bolted to a rack in the back, the trucks were the most comfortable because you had a cooler beside you and the view changed as you changed feeders, there was no special equipment needed.

I have hunted 10 other states for everything from doves and grouse to mule deer and elk from Tennessee to Wyoming and no where was anything like what I experienced in Texas. I don't understand why Texans get so redassed over how they kill stuff, it's just not done like that anywhere else in the country, and in most places it's illegal to shoot from a truck or over bait, it's just that simple.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You wouldn’t kill much in South Texas if you didn’t scatter corn on the Senderos.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I lived and worked in Odessa for years, the "deer lease" was my first experience at Texas deer hunting, it consisted of ten or twelve corn feeders on timers, set to go off at half hour intervals, us "hunters" could chose to sit and watch one of these feeders, or ride around in the back of a truck with a bench seat bolted to a rack in the back, the trucks were the most comfortable because you had a cooler beside you and the view changed as you changed feeders, there was no special equipment needed.

I have hunted 10 other states for everything from doves and grouse to mule deer and elk from Tennessee to Wyoming and no where was anything like what I experienced in Texas. I don't understand why Texans get so redassed over how they kill stuff, it's just not done like that anywhere else in the country, and in most places it's illegal to shoot from a truck or over bait, it's just that simple.

I'm sure everyone in Texas is losing sleep over what your condescending judgements of them are. grin

I have Sandbilly's number around here somewhere, if ya'll want to start a club or something....LOL.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jwall

IF the Texians seriously wanted to reduce or eradicate feral hogs >>> QUIT charging an outrageous $$$$$$.

... and stop the generations old practice of "hunting" deer over a bait pile, which among other things attracts hogs.

TX has perpetuated their hog 'problem'.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by jwall

IF the Texians seriously wanted to reduce or eradicate feral hogs >>> QUIT charging an outrageous $$$$$$.

... and stop the generations old practice of "hunting" deer over a bait pile, which among other things attracts hogs.

TX has perpetuated their hog 'problem'.

Where are you located? Seriously.

Done any hog invasion studies lately? For whom?

If feeding corn has caused the hog invasion problem, then perhaps you can explain how hogs have invaded other states that don't allow baiting...?

Say.... Ummm.... New Mexico for instance.

Over half the state has verified feral hogs now. Yet nobody has corn feeders. How can that be? grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I'm sure everyone in Texas is losing sleep over what your condescending judgements of them are. grin

I have Sandbilly's number around here somewhere, if ya'll want to start a club or something....LOL.

I'm just glad we have such a big market for our corn, and what's condescending about riding around in a truck drinking beer, I just don't consider it "hunting deer" 'but to each their own . laugh

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We buy corn to help you fellas out. You all should love us!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I'm just glad we have such a big market for our corn, and what's condescending about riding around in a truck drinking beer, I just don't consider it "hunting deer" 'but to each their own . laugh

Who rides around in a truck drinking beer and hunting deer? Not me. I don't even know anyone that does.

Divided we fall.

Some parts of our country hunt deer with dogs.

I'm not particularly fond of that method. In fact, we shoot dogs for chasing deer here. But it is how many hunt in some areas.

Hunting a spot where corn is put out is unethical... While hunting a waterhole in the desert is all good.

Got it. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We used to ride around at night and shoot jackrabbits. That was fun, probably drank a beer or two also!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
We used to ride around at night and shoot jackrabbits. That was fun, probably drank a beer or two also!

If you were like me,you probably drank a bunch of beers.....Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hanco

That is a lot of fun and great practice, I put a pile of rounds thru my Ruger single six !

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (25aught6, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,935
Posts18,518,976
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.