Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by peeshooter
The meat is waaaaay more important than the title of the recipe!

Hint!

A saying many elsewhere wouldn't know.
From where it came, to or fro.
Who doesn't and who does really shoots.
Sock puppets and others in cahoots.
So get ye Koontz off the couch and get doing for the show.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank You Formidilosus.

I now have 4 SWFA's in 12X.
.223 bolt
.22-250 bolt
.243 bolt
.308 bolt

Your information you shared helped me.

Finished a 5 mile nonstop run today.

HeavyDove

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Higbean
The “red flags” schit is funny to me as I’ve never heard a hunting story at deer camp!

In your defense you really don’t hunt much that I can see, so you are most likely maybe a bunch correct.
I will give you credit for punching paper.
I read the boots for sale add, I found it funny good job.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
About scopes, and our friend Formidilosus.
My new ATACR is kick but, thanks for the information. Formidilosus you ever write a cook book and I’m calling you a sellout.
Unless it’s how to flamethrower towel heads into crispy bite size snacks. I’d buy that wink

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Spelled butt wrong so maybe it is Fred?

IC B2

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Definitely

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It’s not Fred...It’s someone’s bleeder posting. I smell Massengill twat spray on every post...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mmmmm, "the smell of twat spray in the morning!"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10

It’s not Fred...It’s someone’s bleeder posting. I smell Massengill twat spray on every post...😎

That narrows it down to about half the people that post on here. Watch4bear, steve4102, elkslayer91 all come to mind specifically.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/06/20.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
mathman,

More than once, I explained to our doofus Campfire member who kept insisting that print was dead, that instead print was very much alive--and provided statistics from the publishing industry. But he insisted, apparently because of being an "example of one," who no longer bought any print magazines. Instead he only read the Campfire--not a bad deal at all, but not the big picture. (Cannot remember his Campfire handle, but he hasn't posted in a while, so suspect he has gone to the Big Chat-Room in the Sky.)

One thing I tried to explain to him is that while print is no longer the biggie anymore, it's still very much part of the mix. Some magazines have INCREASED paper circulation after they started offering an Internet version--which is a good way to promote any magazine.

Have been "gun writing" for the Internet since the late 1990s, partly because paper magazines asked me to write for their website. But one thing I noticed is that Internet writing pays less than paper magazines, even now. This does not just apply to "gun writing," but across the industry.

Have also never relied on just "gun writing" to make a living writing. Instead have written for a wide variety of magazines, including Sports Illustrated (where I sold my first article, on flyfishing in the winter, over 40 years ago), and National Geographic. Neither of those magazines is going out of print, and neither are many others. Though SI no longer runs fishing and hunting articles, an apparently depends more in bikinis.

Since tax time is coming up, Eileen and I have been analyzing our income figures. Just about a third of our income comes from the print magazines I write for, but a little more comes from the Internet--IF you count all our book sales as Internet. But they're all print books, only ordered off the Internet. In fact, we decided a while back to do only print books, because e-books do not deal well with data--which is a BIG part of my gun books and Eileen's game cookbooks. (Which I do "shamelessly promote" on the Campfire. That's part of the deal I have with Rick Bin--but I also am the first taste-tester of Eileen's recipes, which I have now been eating for close to 30 years. Her very first cookbook sold over 100,000 copies, which ain't bad.)

If print is dying, it's very odd that each year for the past decade, our book sales have increased.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
mathman,

More than once, I explained to our doofus Campfire member who kept insisting that print was dead, that instead print was very much alive--and provided statistics from the publishing industry. But he insisted, apparently because of being an "example of one," who no longer bought any print magazines. Instead he only read the Campfire--not a bad deal at all, but not the big picture. (Cannot remember his Campfire handle, but he hasn't posted in a while, so suspect he has gone to the Big Chat-Room in the Sky.)

Savage99?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I was too young to send letters to Elmer Keith or Jack O'Connor so about the closest thing I have to it is to post on forum threads like this. What really hurts is that you will have some really great information fouled up by some jacked up reject who wants to be a troll complete with flame on hair. Its kind of like going hunting with a hero or idol of yours and some freaking noob comes along pointing his own gun at his pecker. Some day people are going to figure out that the best forum threads like the ones with Alan Day or Michael Petrov were invaluable and their dumb monkey gesticulations and red baboon butt ruined a lot of good writing.

Last edited by kaboku68; 01/06/20.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Well said.

One of the best experiences I've had was Eileen and I spending half a day with Michael Petrov and his wife in Anchorage, while we were on our way to spend several days with Phil Shoemaker, Rocky Harrison and Tia and Taj. Got to see not only Mike's vast collection of classic custom rifles, but got hunt ptamigan and catch vast numbers of fish among LOTS of brown bears with the Hairy Shoes.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
mathman,

One thing I tried to explain to him is that while print is no longer the biggie anymore, it's still very much part of the mix. Some magazines have INCREASED paper circulation after they started offering an Internet version--which is a good way to promote any magazine.

Have been "gun writing" for the Internet since the late 1990s, partly because paper magazines asked me to write for their website. But one thing I noticed is that Internet writing pays less than paper magazines, even now. This does not just apply to "gun writing," but across the industry.

Have also never relied on just "gun writing" to make a living writing. Instead have written for a wide variety of magazines, including Sports Illustrated (where I sold my first article, on flyfishing in the winter, over 40 years ago), and National Geographic. Neither of those magazines is going out of print, and neither are many others. Though SI no longer runs fishing and hunting articles, an apparently depends more in bikinis.

Since tax time is coming up, Eileen and I have been analyzing our income figures. Just about a third of our income comes from the print magazines I write for, but a little more comes from the Internet--IF you count all our book sales as Internet. But they're all print books, only ordered off the Internet. In fact, we decided a while back to do only print books, because e-books do not deal well with data--which is a BIG part of my gun books and Eileen's game cookbooks. (Which I do "shamelessly promote" on the Campfire. That's part of the deal I have with Rick Bin--but I also am the first taste-tester of Eileen's recipes, which I have now been eating for close to 30 years. Her very first cookbook sold over 100,000 copies, which ain't bad.)

If print is dying, it's very odd that each year for the past decade, our book sales have increased.

Oh good lord, a great explanation for the followers. I’m Embarrassed for you John.

It’s simple social media that cuts the middle man out of the chain. Gun Industry/manufacturers can directly inform their consumers. You can write all the entertaining stories your heart desires (You definitely have an amazing skill) but the product review days are numbered. It’s nothing personal, I just can’t kiss you on the ring and close my eyes to the facts.
Rachael Ray should get ahold of Rick, I bet she could even sell dog food on here.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
#videokilledtheradiostars
#thefuturessobrightihavetowearshades

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/06/20.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The Buggles and TimBuc3

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Too many words....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh good lord, a great explanation for the followers. I’m Embarrassed for you John.

It’s simple social media that cuts the middle man out of the chain. Gun Industry/manufacturers can directly inform their consumers. You can write all the entertaining stories your heart desires (You definitely have an amazing skill) but the product review days are numbered. It’s nothing personal, I just can’t kiss you on the ring and close my eyes to the facts.
Rachael Ray should get ahold of Rick, I bet she could even sell dog food on here.

I for one trust what John says!! I'll read what the company claims, but I still care what a few of the writers and video producers have to say.

No different than others here on the fire. I have come to value their opinion on certain subjects.

Not a difficult concept for most besides you!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

I for one trust what John says!! I'll read what the company claims, but I still care what a few of the writers and video producers have to say.

No different than others here on the fire. I have come to value their opinion on certain subjects.

Not a difficult concept for most besides you!

Mike

Just so happens, I kill enough game and help other do the same that I don’t need some hack telling me what to run.
I also don’t watch CNN or MSNBC some enjoy the warm fuzzies while getting screwed I will pass on the screwing.
GRIN!
I also married well and she doesn’t need a 12.99$ cook book to make elk taste good.

Ready to take it hard! you should start a gofundme, John has a tax bill coming soon.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[quote=smokepole]Mmmmm, "the smell of twat spray in the morning!"[/qu

Smells like..... Victory

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 20 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.