J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by gemby58
I had a saving account in one back I forgot about, it wasent active, well PA has this freaking law that after the first year with no activity the account comes dormant, second year of no activity it comes frozen, the 3rd year of no activity the PA goverment seized it. then comes the fun part trying to get YOUR money back, took me two years. and the bank never informed me that all this was going on and you would think with interest deposits it would keep it active

Isn't that something?

Takes a real azzhole to come up with something like that.

On the other hand...how could you have that much money in a bank account that you just forgot about it?

easy, stopped doing business with that bank and never thought about it, wasn't that much money

Happens all the time. Children set up small savings accounts with a large gift from an Uncle or something.

Old people with accounts all over. Churches, civic organizations, charities.....lots of inactive money around.

The State just wants that money active again..........

I am MAGA.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If it's in a bank account, it's active. You don't think it's actually held in a vault somewhere, do you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a man who has never had a bank account, and he could buy out 90% of the posters on here with what he carries in his pocket.

I wouldn't do it, and I've told him that one day somebody is going to rob him, but he only laughs and say's that it's been tried. While I don't understand why someone would want to do that today, this man has accumulated most of his wealth by the fact that he deals in cash.

Cash is indeed king.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Electronic cash scanners:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-money-can-be-detected.61580/

I have heard they are in use here in The Emerald Triangle and other parts of the state.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The guy on HeeHaw, Stringbean, was know to carry five hundred dollar in his overalls pocket. He was killed, and robbed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2
... don't try to use it to (partially) buy a house. It's not accepted.

mad mad

Now what I need is 25 people to tell me what an idiot I am.

Go.

You obviously are dealing with the wrong people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The guy on HeeHaw, Stringbean, was know to carry five hundred dollar in his overalls pocket. He was killed, and robbed.

Which is why you never flash your money around.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I know a man who has never had a bank account, and he could buy out 90% of the posters on here with what he carries in his pocket.

I wouldn't do it, and I've told him that one day somebody is going to rob him, but he only laughs and say's that it's been tried. While I don't understand why someone would want to do that today, this man has accumulated most of his wealth by the fact that he deals in cash.

Cash is indeed king.
oh yeah???

Ask the campfire to post “hunting cabins”

You’d think google images would burst into flames.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Cash is indeed king.
oh yeah???

Yeah, and there was an old Jew down there in Clarksville who also liked to deal in cash.
Louie the junk man.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I highly doubt that.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pfffffft

$500?? Wow 🤩

My wife’s pappy carried around about $5k in his little zippy thingy on his Key brand duds

He’ll, Even I thought about rollin his ass, stayed piss drunk 24/7.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I didn't read the whole thread ( of course not...) but the OP is in Oregon, where drug use is rampant. I suspect showing up with a bunch of cash anywhere there is like showing up with a bundle in 1980s Miami...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Cash is indeed king.
oh yeah???

Yeah, and there was an old Jew down there in Clarksville who also liked to deal in cash.
Louie the junk man.

The old man here says them old boys (brothers) one time one of them wrote a check for 100.00 to some junker. That is, he meant to write a $100 check. Old fool made the decimal point a couple places off.

Anyway, the dude cached that mofo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A local auctioneer told me, an older couple not only counter out cash for a Farm, they came up short a few thousand. The man glared at the wife, and said, You brought the wrong suitcase.

When the Mennonites started moving here in large numbers about 25 years ago, I went to a farm auction, and there were some bidding on the farm. They bought one tract of the farm then, and eventually ended up with the rest. They paid for the first one with cash, over $300,000. I know that because my cousin was working for Farm Credit at the time, and help handle the transaction.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yeah, if you request a wire transfer at a bank, be ready for a runaround. They will ask you the purpose for it, they will ask you if you know the receiver personally, they will ask you if you are 100% certain of what the transfer is for, they will ask you if you are confident it is not an international transfer, etc., etc. They will still do it, but they are just covering their a$$ES

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
James you ever bid on any rusty culverts at them auctions?

hahaha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85

I highly doubt that.

I don't............I believe there are a lot of imposters on here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
James you ever bid on any rusty culverts at them auctions?

hahaha

No, but I once bought a rusted out disc........lol.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm not for sale. Me an' the bank that is.

Last edited by wabigoon; 01/07/20.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not for sale.

LOL............I always say that I can be bought...............for a price, of course.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 5 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.