S
Originally Posted by BobMt
....did you even read the reason for the removal........bob

Of course not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our forefathers had a lot of good ideas. They had a lot of stupid ones too including introducing critters where they don't belong. Created way more harm than good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salty303
Our forefathers had a lot of good ideas. They had a lot of stupid ones too including introducing critters where they don't belong. Created way more harm than good.

Hence the meaning of bumper sticker "I should have picked the damn cotton myself"

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They did offer a hunt for those goats this fall. Hunters killed a few of them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Someone should email DJT jr on this. I'll bet it would piss him off to see it being done this way.

If you think for one second that guy gives a single chit about hunting opportunities for the average guy, you’re sorely mistaken.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
For a good lesson in the folly of introducing non-native species, check out what happened in New Zealand when rabbits, several types of deer, and even Australian opossums got turned loose there. I have a good friend who participates in massive culls on all those critters, and they're barely able to stay even with the overpopulation, let alone make a dent in the overall numbers. Ever want to get tired of shooting? Try harvesting 200 rabbits or possums a night with a spotlight and a suppressed .22 rimfire!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back in the 30's, kochis was introduced in this area as a livestock forage. Now it's a disaster. Cussed stuff is everywhere. I'm sure you can name plants that have become a major problem.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Kudzu, for instance!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Someone should email DJT jr on this. I'll bet it would piss him off to see it being done this way.

If you think for one second that guy gives a single chit about hunting opportunities for the average guy, you’re sorely mistaken.

didn't he used to be a member here on the fire? Think his handle was DJTR or something like that.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by chesterwy

didn't he used to be a member here on the fire? Think his handle was DJTR or something like that.

yup

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
For a good lesson in the folly of introducing non-native species, check out what happened in New Zealand when rabbits, several types of deer, and even Australian opossums got turned loose there. I have a good friend who participates in massive culls on all those critters, and they're barely able to stay even with the overpopulation, let alone make a dent in the overall numbers. Ever want to get tired of shooting? Try harvesting 200 rabbits or possums a night with a spotlight and a suppressed .22 rimfire!
Jerry

You don't have to go all the way to NZ... Look at what has happened to Hawaii's native birds and many plants.

Asian carp, zebra mussels, and wolves...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Off the top of my head some things that have been introduced around here..
eastern gray squirrel
starlings
English ivy
Japanese knot weed
carp
yellow perch
and white tail deer. Although the white tail are increasing their range on their own no humans involved in that one and I'll take it. All the others are some idiots brain child and cause problems in one way or another.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Be nice if someone could get this info to Don Jr.

He could go straight to his daddy and then somebody would be in trouble.

I wonder if Donald knows what a mountain goat is?

Sounds like top PRIORITY material right now

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Salty303
Off the top of my head some things that have been introduced around here..
eastern gray squirrel
starlings
English ivy
Japanese knot weed
carp
yellow perch
and white tail deer. Although the white tail are increasing their range on their own no humans involved in that one and I'll take it. All the others are some idiots brain child and cause problems in one way or another.

About 10 years ago I saw a starling in my neighborhood and was shocked. Since then they have steadily increased to the point I can count on seeing a hundred plus any day I go looking.

At the same time the bohemian waxwing population "appears" to have plummeted. This past week I saw the first flock of waxwings I have seen this year... but a significant percentage of the flock was starlings!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pheasants. Sportsmen introduced pheasants in South Dakota around 1910 and now the damned things are all over the place. Come help us kill them next October. Damn invasive species.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Pheasants. Sportsmen introduced pheasants in South Dakota around 1910 and now the damned things are all over the place. Come help us kill them next October. Damn invasive species.

wink

Same bird in Hawaii is mangling native plants big-time!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk

But on the other hand... I just flew from AK to MI, only to drive to the NW corner of Iowa to chase some foreign bird...

Had a GREAT time!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can you hunt them in HI?

Glad you enjoyed though SD could use your money. wink

You'd want Iowa today. Here -13, Anchorage -5 Des Moines a balmy 17.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Starlings: we don't have the vast numbers found in many places in the eastern US, but we do have our fair share. Miserable beasts at best.

waxwings: Bohemians are said to occasionally migrate through Idaho but don't breed here. Cedars are supposed to be native year round but I haven't seen one in so. central ID in many years. They used to be fairly common.

ring necked pheasants: we used to have large populations but the invention of the pivot sprinkler doomed them. The ditch rows and other cover are gone, leaving them no cover.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Ready
I think, we could muster a crew from the fire that should be able to take care of that for them...

Yessir, and what about the 10,000 camels the Ozzies are about to kill because they're drinking to much water during the drought? hell, we should hire out, perform a little surgery on each, and ship em to the muzzies........................here snackbars, free cars! crazy

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1234, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 1,821 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,070
Posts18,521,648
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.