Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lastround
If you are going to Panama City, and want seafood, try Captain Anderson’s. Big selection and good food.

I'll 2nd this. Checking to see before I posted if anybody else recommended it. Also had some good fish at Pineapple Willy's sitting on the patio on the beach.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
State highway 30A starts just west of Panama City beach, it’s a MUCH nicer area than PCB itself. It runs about 30 miles along some of the most beautiful beaches you’ve ever seen. The towns of rosemary beach, alys beach, seaside, grayton beach, and blue mountain beach are along it. There is every kind of high end restaurant, wine bars, brewpubs, etc that you could ever want along that road. Most everything stays open during the winter, most of the homes are owned by rich northerners and they winter there. It ends about 10 miles east of Destin where it rejoins Hwy 98. Destin itself is packed with good restaurants and also has the advantage of being a big charter fishing hub.

Sorry, not a lot of gun shops in the area, plenty of fishing though.

I live part time on Perdido Key. This is actually a good time to be down there, it’s a lot less hectic than the summer. If the weather is sunny plenty of people will be out boating and on the beach. The water’s a little cold for swimming but otherwise people are out enjoying everything. I don’t know of any restaurants that are shut down, everything stays open year round around me. They’re just easier to get into.

If I was going to be in the PCB area I’d spend the majority of my time along 30A.

https://www.coastalliving.com/travel/gulf-coast/what-is-30a-florida?amp=true

Seaside may just be my favorite town. "Mayberry on the Beach" would be a good comparison.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
State highway 30A starts just west of Panama City beach, it’s a MUCH nicer area than PCB itself. It runs about 30 miles along some of the most beautiful beaches you’ve ever seen. The towns of rosemary beach, alys beach, seaside, grayton beach, and blue mountain beach are along it. There is every kind of high end restaurant, wine bars, brewpubs, etc that you could ever want along that road. Most everything stays open during the winter, most of the homes are owned by rich northerners and they winter there. It ends about 10 miles east of Destin where it rejoins Hwy 98. Destin itself is packed with good restaurants and also has the advantage of being a big charter fishing hub.

Sorry, not a lot of gun shops in the area, plenty of fishing though.

I live part time on Perdido Key. This is actually a good time to be down there, it’s a lot less hectic than the summer. If the weather is sunny plenty of people will be out boating and on the beach. The water’s a little cold for swimming but otherwise people are out enjoying everything. I don’t know of any restaurants that are shut down, everything stays open year round around me. They’re just easier to get into.

If I was going to be in the PCB area I’d spend the majority of my time along 30A.

https://www.coastalliving.com/travel/gulf-coast/what-is-30a-florida?amp=true

Seaside may just be my favorite town. "Mayberry on the Beach" would be a good comparison.

Love this area too. Much more laid back than PCB.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wifes sister, niece & nephew live there. Haven't spent a lot of time there, but it's nice to visit when winters on up here.

St. Andrews State Park, Shell Island are a couple local things to do. Charter a boat to do a little offshore fishing or dolphin watching.

Captain Andersons is a pretty nice upscale restaurant. We usually go to Schooners or Pineapple Willys when we're down there.. Not too fancy, but decent food and fun atmosphere.

Just a long walk up the beach at sunrise is nice.

Haven't been there since the hurricane-It tore up a lot of places.

Take your shorts, flip flops and a winter parka so you'll blend in with the locals at the grocery store.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Captain A’s is a great spot. Fun to watch the fleet back in right there and unload catch. Can’t get much fresher. Their Greek salad is very good.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was there last March for work, the place was still torn up from the Hurricane!!!

I enjoyed Hunt's Oyster Bar, it's not fancy, but good chow.

GW

P
P
Concur with Clint you need to take the Hurricane Michael tour from downtown Panama City to Port St Joe, and probably head north towards Wewawhitchka, to see what a Cat 5 with a defined eye can do, even 80 miles inland. I own (used to own) a place in Mexico Beach. For sure go west and go to the 30A corridor it has became an international destination. Eat at Uncle Ernies in Panama City at least once and also Captain Anderson’s. But the food on 30A is world class only about 20 miles away. Paradis, Cafe 30A, Stinkys, you name it. Also worth going to Appalachicola one day and check out the downtown and restaurants.. And make sure you check out Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach on 30A. Sorry for the long reply I had a place on 30a for a while and had a place at Mexico Beach until the storm so thought I would chime in.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
A damn stinky azz paper mill for starters, and it just keeps getting worse after that.

P
P
Paper mill was torn down over 20 years ago

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In the 70's they used to have a weather beaten bar right out on the western beach called--what else--the "Beach Party." Think it must have gotten washed away in the '82 storm. Squadron patches from Tindall, Pensacola and Rucker nailed all over the walls. It was good while it lasted. Probably a high rise condo there now.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Mill was going strong till hurricane Michael kicked its azz, that was just last year.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Mill was going strong till hurricane Michael kicked its azz, that was just last year.

Want to put $1000 on it?

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
West Rock reported that a shutdown process had been started already on 8 October. On 18 October, the company announced that the containerboard production system would return to full production capacity within 30 days. Market pulp production is expected to begin by the end of November, but will likely be limited to no more than 50% of the mill's market pulp capacity for an estimated period of six months, says West Rock. The mill in Panama City has a total capacity of 353,000 tpy of containerboard and 292,000 tpy of market pulp.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
True of West Rock, but locals know that the mill in neighboring Port St Joe was 100x worse. I have always lived 90 miles north of the coast and caught wind from the Port St Joe mill on a weekly basis. Since it closed around 2000, never once have we smelled sulfur.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Do you need my address to send the money order?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The" stinky azz". paper mill was closed down around 2000.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Have to call it a tie I guess, I'll call your stinky azz mill that shut down around 2000, and raise the stinky azz mill that is still there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Appalchicola(sp?) oysters are some of the best.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Appalchicola(sp?) oysters are some of the best.

I agree, but Appalach. won't have oysters for a while. The only oysters available this winter have been from Texas, processed in Coden, AL. I heard Joe Patti's in P'cola was also importing from Virginia, but I haven't seen any. Alabama and Mississippi production is off, most likely due to the spill. We didn't even have a season last year, first time ever. Sad times, for sure.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (160user, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 3,050 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.