I have very tight lips.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They’re not on their way to the Gulf yet. They load out of Jacksonville Fl for the gulf. No big influx right now.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just be thankful that they say U.S. something on them.

Peace.

Through superior firepower.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rockdoc, to my imperfectly calibrated ears the F-35 is about half again louder than the F-16. I live a measured eight miles from the end of the runway, and when they take off going away, it is loud enough that I have to turn up the TV. The mass go the other morning was...memorable. Ten minutes of windows rattling.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Did they have refueling probes on the front?

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ahh.................... the sound of fighters, bombers, & helos is the sound of freedom, & if you're on the good end it's a wonderful thing.

Carry on.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Go coyote hunting anywhere North of Las Vegas and you will get to see some of America's finest fly by. Go to those places at night and you will hear many more. About 300 days/nights/ year.

Keep America Great.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunzo
There is a repair/retrofit facility for US military helicopters south of me that's close to Lexington Ky. & I get a lot of traffic over my house for what I assume are test flights.

But yesterday the helo traffic was heavier than I've ever seen & all coming from the east by northeast. I didn't keep an exact count but 10-12 individual groups went through. Please excuse my forgetfulness of AFROTC & not know knowing a flight from a wing or squad, etc.but 6-8 choppers at a time. They shook the house all day.

Maybe going to the repair facility, maybe Ft. Campbell. Curious as to where they might have come from.

I am assuming you live around Bluegrass Army Depot. They could have come from almost anywhere. Doubt that they were test flights or heading to Bluegrass. But I could be wrong.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Petroleum Helicopters used my old house as a reference point on the way to the rigs in the Gulf.

They weren’t black so I can talk about them.

The ones we flew on were blue and white, then there was another company that had the yellow helicopters.

PHI's are Black and Yellow

Air Logistics were Blue and White, Now Bristow and they are Red, White, and Blue.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few years ago the wife and I were at my brothers/SIL in eastern Utah. (Coalville) I had on one of my 160th T-shirts I got at the Night Stalker store when our National Guard unit worked for them doing phases. My SIL asked about the shirt and I told her the short story version of where I got it and who we worked for. Just about that time I heard a Blackhawk coming up the I-80 valley. I looked up and saw 3 black MH-60's in trail going west. Show and tell. Or, tell and show. My guess is they were going to Hill AFB to refuel and then go play war games some where lonely and high.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by gunzo
There is a repair/retrofit facility for US military helicopters south of me that's close to Lexington Ky. & I get a lot of traffic over my house for what I assume are test flights.

But yesterday the helo traffic was heavier than I've ever seen & all coming from the east by northeast. I didn't keep an exact count but 10-12 individual groups went through. Please excuse my forgetfulness of AFROTC & not know knowing a flight from a wing or squad, etc.but 6-8 choppers at a time. They shook the house all day.

Maybe going to the repair facility, maybe Ft. Campbell. Curious as to where they might have come from.

I am assuming you live around Bluegrass Army Depot. They could have come from almost anywhere. Doubt that they were test flights or heading to Bluegrass. But I could be wrong.

You are correct & I agree. I usually recognize test flights or normal traffic. Yesterday was beyond normal activities, & all the flight patterns seemed the same. None of my business maybe as I am one of those that thinks the media reports way too much info , even when they are correct. Just curious if anyone had heard of a big deployment.

And... MCH, come to think of it, you maybe have been to the depot, or may be in the future considering your profession. I'll buy the first round if you happen upon the area, & show you the best time I can. Shout me out!!!

Last edited by gunzo; 01/08/20.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Andrews was very active yesterday, and the birds were armed... reminded us of 9/11 and the days following.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i live in corpus those birds are rebuilt here, i see them brought in on ships and rail have a few friends who rebuild them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A big Chinook CH-47 helicopter just flew over,.......haven't seen one of them around here before.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,815
Posts18,477,658
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.