-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Instagram account, mainly due to being able to easily host images there.
Seems to be a lot of spam in the fishing department.
I've never really taken the time to figure it all out.

I think it's good to get as large a digital footprint as you possibly can today.
Everybody just goes straight to their phone to lookup everything from where to eat to where to stay.

B
Bill_N Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Great input here! What's the best way to take credit card payments by phone?

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Take it by email. Email them an invoice and let them pay on their phone. I use Stripe.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I've done a good amount of web development, everything from HTML/CSS to WordPress to now Drupal. I've also done some using those site builders.

If you can't figure out the site builders, you may want to pay someone for a simple wordpress or drupal site, you will have to find/pay for hosting, but that should be short money. A decent site builder can whip up a several page site, do SEO, integrate your FB and give you features where you can update content without their help.

Make sure the site is responsive so it will reconfigure itself "magically" on a phone. Not having it work seamlessly on a phone is a HUGE red flag with todays technology, it's trivial to build a site that works on both as long as it's done upfront.

Taking CC over the web site will crank up the cost due to the security requirements as well as the dynamic aspect of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Great input here! What's the best way to take credit card payments by phone?

I know what I am commonly seeing out there for mobile credit card options from the customer side of the transactions.
Not sure how they set them up..
One guy I book with a couple times a year just punches my CC number into his phone right on the boat, I suppose what he is using could be as easily done via phone.

Your bank may have some input on the topic, But there seems to be a good bit of info online as well.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-mobile-credit-card-readers-for-small-businesses/

I've had my card taken for transactions a few times with these.

[Linked Image from icdn2.digitaltrends.com]

IC B2

B
Bill_N Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
That's one of the things I was looking at earlier. I need to do a little more research but there are companies that offer different types processes for credit card payments. I like the idea of sending invoices or taking the payment over the phone. It seems less risky than having payment link on your webpage.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (264mag, 160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 1,412 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,865
Posts18,497,312
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.