Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GregW
Some of you guys need to get out of your "it doesn't make sense to me in my little world so it can't be" mindset....

No [bleep]. Just because it isn’t comprehensible in one’s limited sphere doesn’t necessarily make it not so. I’m starting to think there are some relatives on this thread.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Some of you guys need to get out of your "it doesn't make sense to me in my little world so it can't be" mindset....

No [bleep]. Just because it isn’t comprehensible in one’s limited sphere doesn’t necessarily make it not so. I’m starting to think there are some relatives on this thread.

Lots of folks on this site live in their little bubble. They might be experienced in their bubble but relate their bubble to every single application.

Some just can't stand that they are simply so far out of their depth in other bubbles that aren't their own ..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by smokepole
Wow, I can't believe that second photo. I thought everybody knew, scope tracking tests are much more accurate if you leave the garden hose ON the hanger.

Yes, damping is a real thing.

It's dampening, my friend. We must be uber-accurate in such matters.

So Merriam-Webster is wrong?

damp verb
damped; damping; damps

Definition of damp (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb
1a : to affect with or as if with a noxious gas : choke
b : to diminish the activity or intensity of damping down the causes of inflation liquid damps out compass oscillations
c : to check the vibration or oscillation of (something, such as a string or a voltage)

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by peeshooter
No disrespect but he must work at the most successful RIFLE (not pistol or AR) training company in the country to have 40 students every day of the year less weekends and holidays to get to the half mil round count. He also said they track 90% of their shots, whatever that means (on a Doppler??). Did they track 90% of your shots in class? It is total BS if you look at it with common sense. Add that to his superhuman hunting threads and you have a big steaming pile.

The hate is strong with this one..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Good luck trying to simply tell an idiot. You don't know what ya don't know. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
No disrespect but he must work at the most successful RIFLE (not pistol or AR) training company in the country to have 40 students every day of the year less weekends and holidays to get to the half mil round count. He also said they track 90% of their shots, whatever that means (on a Doppler??). Did they track 90% of your shots in class? It is total BS if you look at it with common sense. Add that to his superhuman hunting threads and you have a big steaming pile.

40x400=16,000/day

10 days of that is 160,000.

Kingston your math is off. 400 rounds a day divided by 40 shooters is 10 rounds a day(apiece). Times 10 days is 100 rounds per shooter.

signed, Mathman

bwahahahaha.......

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
"Track" those shots.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
The infamous words;

Originally Posted by T_Inman
That particular cat was going to live, 'till it chomped on a dog.

Long story, but I learned a few valuable lessons that day...Don't shoot FMJs through the chest if you want something to die pronto....A cougar that plays possum as you straddle it (what kind of cougar?) will make a guy crap his drawers, two bullets lodged into a barrel while a lion has a dog in it's mouth is a good way to get a guy's heart rate up and don't kick a lion or yank on it's tail, even if it is being stretched by 4 other hounds.

After an expensive vet bill that first hound was going crazy trying to kill a house cat in a cage in the vet's office...they're persistent.

Drink lots of beer after an event such as this.

Pic again;

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is a bad azz pic.

I’m gonna kill a cat one of these days. A real one. Not the new one the neighbor just got.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22

40x400=16,000/day

Kingston your math is off. 400 rounds a day divided by 40 shooters is 10 rounds a day(apiece). Times 10 days is 100 rounds per shooter.

signed, Mathman

bwahahahaha.......

That’s still 10x more than were fired at CumminsCowboy’s test facility.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I still think it is an exaggeration.

I just went to a 10 day course and we were averaging 400 rounds a day.

40 students.

Do the math.

No one can play 400 rds of golf a day. Even if the course was in Florida.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cummadillo

ROTFFLMAO

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22

40x400=16,000/day

signed, Mathman

bwahahahaha.......

That’s still 10x more than were fired at CumminsCowboy’s test facility.

Some punk kid kept swinging through his FOV during the SWFA 10x test

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Squeak, squeak; squeak, squeak; squeak, squeak; squeak, squeak...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are mean...... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Cummadillo

ROTFFLMAO

Catchy, ain't it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Agree...Don’t give a fûck either way whether Form embellished on the amount sweat held inside his sleeping bag in the morning. How high or fast he said he and his crew climbed a mountain.

A couple years ago Form had a post where he and another instructor were unloading ammo cases which were held within wooden crates. I don’t remember the exact amount, but it was tonnage. IIRC the massive ammo delivery was for 1 month of student and instructor shooting.

Aside from Form’s bias against most scopes for mechanics except for SWFA, NF, older S&B’s and Bushnell’s - did he provide more help or harm to other members?

Take away the major butthurt some scope owners had over Forms extreme bias against a certain manufacturer. He was always approachable and responsive to PM’s asking for detailed information on the why’s, how come, and comparison on gear. From there it’s up to the member who sent the PM to him to decide if the information was helpful or painful.

This thread was generated because of another thread calling Form out directly...I can’t remember reading where Form ever came to anyone’s rescue who was being thrashed rightfully or wrongly across any of the shooting/hunting forums.

I figure he was here more of a courtesy to provide assistance to members who were interested in what he was writing about. Or doing threads covering information he was said to receive a lot of requests from member to explore and explain in detail via PM’s

I guess the last acid test, at least for me, is could Form run a scope? Understanding the correction for MOA and Mils. Applying shooting solutions for distance, wind, and variants known to unlock a proper shooting solution? I assume yes, because there’s a lot of members who can run a scope properly and a rifle that’s married to it who never seemed to challenge his information. So, again, yes, IMO Form had gained skills that were apparently learned through military training, possibly as a Army Sniper based on a picture he once posted of himself.

Does being a former military sniper make someone an expert? Idk, but if the member is still involved in a community of shooters as full time employment. An average person could assume he’s not behind the Bell Curve as most, who shoot weekends, once a month or year for that matter.

This entire beat down came about because a member got major redass over his beloved scope manufacturer being called essentially junk...

Can’t everyone understand that a scope made by any manufacturer will likely kill something, at a reasonable distance, with a set/forget scope?....Especially for guys who can’t run turrets, and typically kill animals 120yards or closer, of course most scopes can and will do that job. It’s proven by millions of guys who use all different types of set/forget scopes that cost between $29.99 to whatever price someone will pay.

The bias Form always took up was usually on the mechanical capabilities, and a scopes long term integrity over the course of it’s lifespan...He would use lifespan based on the number of rounds fired before the scope showed failure rates of X, Y, or Z.

I’m not defending Form. I’m just suggesting that he provided more benefit than harm, and if his harm was embellished remarks about the brutality of a hunt, then those who’ve done those type of hunts are probably capable of calling BS and are free to do so, and shouldn’t be slammed for it...That would be up to Form to defend his statement.

But to blow a guy up because he doesn’t like an optic you’re married to because it works for you, especially when that scope has failed many others is chicken shît. and even more so if the individual can’t run a turreted scope which is where the majority of Forms unflattering criticism has been directed.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like somebody needs a forklift.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Formadilio contributed more then most, hell more than most ten people combined ..... RIP Formy...... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 01/11/20. Reason: Fixed link
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
Formadilio contributed more then most, hell more than most ten people combined ..... RIP Formy...... frown

Hope reports of his demise are premature ... but yes, he did.

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,151
Posts18,484,245
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.