Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by FoxTrotter
CA is a huge state so different areas have different problems. I moved to CA in the early 1980's from Michigan where I had great hunting and fishing. A lot less people and regulations at the time I moved here. I live 60 miles east of LA in a little horse town with horse trails in front of and in back of all the properties.
The traffic lines running down the main street of town are painted red,white, and blue and kids at school could participate in future farmers of america classes. Great place to raise kids.
Two shooting ranges that are still there 20 minutes from my house.

However things have changed. The illegal problem has gotten worse and so has the drug and homeless problem. The LEO's have there hands tied and can't do anything about it as its a sanctuary state.
Gun laws get stupider all the time, they want to raise the gas tax again, and Newsom is an idiot. I've already signed the petition to remove him.
I'm only here because I've got a good job and I'll probably retire this year. My kids live in the Sacramento area so I want to move either to Reno or Tahoe but my girlfriend doesn't like Reno.

So to answer the original question. If you live in the big cities other than San Diego its a mess. The smaller towns are better but you still have the taxes and the Dem's running the state.

Split the difference, Minden or Genoa, the Carson Valley is beautiful, 30 min to Reno, 30 minutes to Tahoe.

You would be right at home. Most of the exploded population there is from CA. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kicked a homeless man in the name of the 24hcf today.

He was laying in the road with a grey blanket over him by Costco and was really hard to see.

So, being the compassionate guy that ya'll have taught me to be, I stopped my truck ASAP!

Kicked his foot and asked if he was alive.

"It doesn't matter" he said.

I told him he was gonna get run over by the Sierra Nevada Brewery trucks that use the road he was laying in the middle of.

"It doesn't matter!" he said.

I agreed.

The Costco employees watching yelled at me saying he was gonna get run over so I told them "It doesn't matter!"

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Similar happened to me in Eureka tonight. I told them to go f uck themselves, and if they didn't like it they could always move to Texas, Idaho, or Oregon.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster
Similar happened to me in Eureka tonight. I told them to go f uck themselves, and if they didn't like it they could always move to Texas, Idaho, or Oregon.

Sierra Nevada Brewery trucks were gonna run over some MFer?

Hope you kicked him.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Not only did I kick him, I kicked his ass, just for fun.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good on you Hig. For as much as Butte Co. voted for Trump, fuggin which was a surprise to me the Bastian of Chico lets this shidt go on. When the wife and I visit the turd daughter we usually stay at the Hotel Diamond,catywompus from the homeless shidt show.

Numerous times the alarm went off on the F-250 and we stay on the parking garage side of the hotel.

Nowadays we travel in the Lesbaru Outback and not a problem.

Will be there on Thurs. and won't go to all the meetings wifey has to go to and if you're available would most certainly love to buy you a beer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Craigster

We got too many here already....You kick 1 North, I kicked 1 South. Zero sum game. We both need to go bigger. Move truck loads of them to NYC. Every bum should see the Big Apple once. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Good on you Hig. For as much as Butte Co. voted for Trump, fuggin which was a surprise to me the Bastian of Chico lets this shidt go on. When the wife and I visit the turd daughter we usually stay at the Hotel Diamond,catywompus from the homeless shidt show.

Numerous times the alarm went off on the F-250 and we stay on the parking garage side of the hotel.

Nowadays we travel in the Lesbaru Outback and not a problem.

Will be there on Thurs. and won't go to all the meetings wifey has to go to and if you're available would most certainly love to buy you a beer.

Hit me up man!

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I’ll take a half dozen bloody joes!

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazed at the amount of NorCal Fire members, has there ever been an official meet?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Amazed at the amount of NorCal Fire members, has there ever been an official meet?

About 2004 or so, we tried to get something going. If memory serves, the idea was to meet up at the Sac Valley range, do some shooting of targets and some shooting of the [bleep]. Right at the end there were lots of conflicts, so it wound up just being JimF, Eremicus and myself doing a little blasting outside of Truckee (convenient for the three of us). Then on to a meal in town. A good time was had by all.

I'd be up for something a little more central than Truckee. I figure if we all meet at Salmonella's place, that ought to work grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Reading about 5 pages of this thread, and the bottom line seems to be politics...Living on the border of California, I cross over into your fair state fairly often...we get ALOT of your transplants here in Oregon...

however with Californians, regardless of how many good ones there are, the Crap parts of California attitudes still invade Oregon..
and influences Oregon politics...I analyze Oregon politics to be a minor version of CA politics...

The problems on the entire west coast are its metro areas, with their bright leftist ideas... but here's a few facts that add up to nothing but corruption in the long run...about Oregon..

Portland Metro has a population of 650,000 or so... 1,8 million of the state lives in what is considered Greater Metro Potlandia..

There is 4,1 million people in the state...the last election 30 of 36 counties voted Republican.. 6 counties voted DemocRAT to elect our Governor...

so that is 2.3 million people in Conservative Areas... and 30 counties out of 36.... 1.8 million DemocRATs in 6 counties...

Conservatives outnumber the liberals... yet the entire state is constantly listed as voting DemocRAT...

Boils down to 2 simple conclusions.... either conservatives are too damn lazy to get off the couch and put the ballot they receive in the mail, back in an envelope and mail it...or DemocRATS are busy, falsifying true election results....or a third possibility, a combination of the two... Personally I trust Communist party "democRATS" as far as I can throw Texas....

What I follow of elections in both Washington and California, I see the exact same thing...Bottom line, its Corruption...

I don't believe in running away from problems is an answer.... people are talking their home...Conservatives are lacking in standing up and fighting for their homes...and where they live...

You play by your opponents rules... I learned that in High School sports...Nice guys finish last.. because they won't fight...and fight to win.. those on the left will... regardless if its by the rules or by corruption and lies...

Oregon is how it is, because of corruption and lies of the leftists.. they question everything conservatives do, and yet conservatives don't question any end result of the leftist controlled state...recall petition of our state Queen, Kate Brown was an example of that..
Oh sorry, your recall petition failed by 10%.. Bullschitt...that was their answer for the results before it was ever even counted...

conservatives need to start fighting for what they want and believe in as hard as the left does.. and if it means fights in the streets, then it means fights in the street.... and where do I get those ideas? I saw it all first hand growing up outside of Wash DC back during the turbulent 60s....Civil Rights, War in Vietnam "protests".. the rest of America.. you see the liberal left always putting their people out on the streets and even busing people in... conservatives are never out or even organized in most of the rest of America... even in big city metro areas...

where Conservatives run things, the liberal left is always yelling corruption... so what makes one think where the left runs things there is not corruption times 10....say oh, Like California....

its your home, stand and fight for it against Anti American Communists who are taking over everything and running your state into the ground....what make one think you aren't going to run into the same type of DemocRATs elsewhere??.. you only escape it for a while, and there it is again....

Ask Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico.... and on and on and on...

its not just a California problem, its slowly becoming the goal of the communist Globalists... its becoming a National Problem...
and conservatives answers are just to avoid it and then run away from it "when we retire".. so what are we leaving our children..
a National Profile of what California has become....and Washington and Oregon are becoming...

Sure we blame it on 'Californians".. but it isn't really Californians... its communist 'democRAT' Globalists.. they are to blame, not Californians in a catch all phrase...Its a National Problem, developing just as it has been slowly for the last 40 plus years in this country....and it will keep on growing to make CA their show piece, until it consumes the entire nation... unless conservatives get off the couch and start mobilizing and organizing to combat it... and that starts at home...

to undermine a nation do you think Globalists are going to go after Montana to start with?? of course not.. but where the population centers are? of course... hence, CA, NY, Texas, FL, IL, MN, New England, VA, GA... metro DC? of course...
Globalists are just reaching the goals silently over the last 40 years that we all have let them obtain...

my childhood home is an example of that... No VA is 10 times the mess than CA is... its just not the homeless.. its the home of the lefitist elitists... look at it today, its hard to believe that highschools in metro No VA All flew the Confederate Flag in front of their offices 50 years ago....back when it was full of Americans and the American culture....and now ALL of that, which was just our culture back in those days, is deemed Politically Undesireable today... erased from the American Fabric...

and that is what has been being erased from California subtly for the last 50 year also... remember that back 50 and 60 years ago, tuition was free in State Universities in CA for residents... because CA had that much money in their coffers and were investing in their economic future.... that ended with Jerry Brown in the mid 70s... and there established the beginning of the Globalists foothold within CA politics.. and they are been eroding freedom in CA ever since... because no one stood up against them and fought back.... so now.. We all have the CA of today....

The fight for California is the fight for our entire nation....because the entire nation's succumbing to Globalism is the goal of all Globalists...not just in CA...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Sure we blame it on 'Californians".. but it isn't really Californians... its communist 'democRAT' Globalists.. they are to blame, not Californians in a catch all phrase...Its a National Problem, developing just as it has been slowly for the last 40 plus years in this country....and it will keep on growing to make CA their show piece, until it consumes the entire nation... unless conservatives get off the couch and start mobilizing and organizing to combat it... and that starts at home..."

Too true.

Living in CA and San Francisco I have seen the young elitist out jogging in the morning in the protected wealthy areas. I have seen so many Eastern Seaboard Ivy League sweatshirts that it slowly dawned on me that our end of the country has been colonized by the Ivy League types.

So it was California first, then the world. Watch out.

By the way, the whole stinking world wants to come here because back in their own country, they saw Hollywood movies and TV. I laugh at how many Middle Easterners and Pacific Islanders come her think the whole country is Baywatch.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’m in rural San Diego county, we love where we live in a nice valley bordering a huge cattle ranch. I’ve got a 225yard rifle range at my place Turkeys, quail and an occasional deer. Taxes are high, we have a locked electric gate because there are idiots out here too but big dogs do discourage thieves we have never locked our doors. Our power is shut off at least twice a year in high winds, it is a pain to fire up the well & house generators but it keeps the place running.

The price to be fairly normal in a community with tractor dealer on Main Street is driving 2+ hours round trip to work. The laws get worse every year for everyone the wife’s small farm grown jam business is unbelievably regulated. The more you can keep government out of your life the better. But my family has been here since the 1800’s and I’m not ready to move out away from them yet.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Seafire, you guys have some awesome people on that side of the Siskiyous. You should have been able to hear the cheering from down here, when Sen Brian Boquist told Kate Brown to send "heavily armed single guys" when she threatened to take the Oregon Republicans into custody.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What young minds are taught in public schools is a large part of the problem
The Bible written thousands of years ago said ".Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it."
That holds true today Parents to busy for kids beyond providing Disneyland and entertainment who along with the public education system are taking children in the direction they choose...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by FatCity67

About 2004 or so, we tried to get something going. If memory serves, the idea was to meet up at the Sac Valley range, do some shooting of targets and some shooting of the [bleep]. Right at the end there were lots of conflicts, so it wound up just being JimF, Eremicus and myself doing a little blasting outside of Truckee (convenient for the three of us). Then on to a meal in town. A good time was had by all.
I'd be up for something a little more central than Truckee. I figure if we all meet at Salmonella's place, that ought to work grin

Id drive to Truckee. Good excuse for a weekend away. Love hunting and fishing up by Jackson Valley and Stampede.

I can see the logistical issues happening. Especially now when the economy is going great guns.

Sal could take us all on a trail ride. LOL Haven't been on a horse in many a decade.

Anyway have a good one,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You can’t have a meet because nobody can afford to take a day off.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave
You can’t have a meet because nobody can afford to take a day off.

I was just off for three weeks.. first week back and it’s dragging like a MF’r.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I’m waitin’ for the day Geno and Tracy are my next door neighbors !!! Las Tres Dorados diabla!!!

Oh, if only Sir.

Just checking in for the morning and almost missed this.

Unfortunately...................mamma says No to Texas. Or anywhere East of the Rockies.

And unfortunately times 2, now that we're retired and no longer making big .gov bank, and we've got a good start on equity in this 7 Acre RANCH!, I'll have a hard time talking her into moving.................again. Between the two of us and our careers, individually and as a couple we've moved something like 17 times since 1996. We're done.

Unless Shasta or Lassen blow and cover the place with ash that is. Even if the Big One hits and moves the coastline 200 miles closer, we're here for the duration I think.

But I'd be more than happy to have you two as neighbors........................I'm sure we could come up with fun things to do................

Dorados, Doritos, or Taquitos...................

Geno

PS, I still think that one way fence for those leaving would work............anyone of any political flavor will be required to carry an anti 2A folk out with them under each arm.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,658
Posts18,493,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.