Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 34 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I prayed to God that Donald Trump would be elected as our President. Thank you God for answering my prayer. And yes I do pray for others.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Gunaddict
I prayed to God that Donald Trump would be elected as our President. Thank you God for answering my prayer. And yes I do pray for others.

Do us a favour, there are lots of children around the world with terminal illnesses - please direct your prayers to them.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by jaguartx
“ For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.”

He sounds like a prick to me..

We know who the prick here be.

Praise god, the racist bigot told me!

No, HE told you, "The heart of the wise lays to the right, while that of the fool to the left". Of course, with your IQ, that's Greek to you.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

He does answer prayers.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

He does answer prayers.

Yep, or I wouldnt be here, many blessings and miracles from HIM starting many decades ago.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes there are lots of cases - dolphins defending seals against sharks, as another

Altruism is a man made label for a behaviour that exists in nature, as some sort of handy feature resulting from the evolution process, who knows.

Distinguish from instinctive acts. Go back to ancient Greeks who attempted to explain man's desire for perfect truth, perfect love, perfect justice, perfect beauty, perfect being. These concepts are not available to animals much less the desire to obtain them. Therefore man's ability to desire these virtues seems to come from somewhere other than nature, to transcend nature.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
The efficacy of prayer, if effective, should show up in the statistics...it's easy to dismiss a failure of prayer as weak faith.

Again: The Case For Miracles. Check it out.

There is also case against miracles. The strongest part being that there is not a single case of a proven miracle to hold up. Spontaneous remission is not an example of a miracle. A remission can happen regardless of religion or prayer, as can a return of the disease.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

He does answer prayers.

But be careful what you ask for. It's gotten to the point where I have a devil of a time making sticky rice. (Only makes sense if you watched the SNL clip)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am a walking Miracle, several times over.

All I can say.

When God reveals Himself to you, there is no mistaking Him!

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=victoro]"There's always the question of why does God heal some and not others"

The real question is why did God make him have the stroke in the first place???

Yep, more than one set of 'free will' - the desire to pig out and the desire to stop eating in a constant battle where one desire triumphs over the other leaving a trail of self loathing and low self esteem.....that's free will for ya.

Last edited by DBT; 01/13/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
The strongest part being that there is not a single case of a proven miracle to hold up.

“When James was born the midwife scooped him up and put him in my hands. But I noticed that his legs and arms dangled down. He wasn’t moving. He wasn’t breathing. He wasn’t crying, he was kind of a blue colour. So I held him for a second and then my midwife took him and she began CPR.”

It was at this point that Bonnie fell into a state shock. Her friend, who was present at the birth, called an ambulance and her husband calmly performed an emergency baptism. At the moment that Travis traced water on his son¹s forehead and baptised him James Fulton, Bonnie’s friend began to pray for the intercession of the newborn¹s namesake.

By the time the paramedics arrived there was still no pulse. Bonnie spent the 20-minute journey to the hospital in a separate ambulance from her husband and baby, lying alone, unaware if her son was dead or alive.

Five men eventually emerged with tears in their eyes. “They said to him: ‘Your son is alive’ and Travis understood in that moment that what they were really saying was: ‘He’s alive now but just for right now.’ The fact that they were crying meant that he knew that things were really bad

The miraculous breath had come after 61 excruciating minutes. James had breathed again at the moment doctors gave up their efforts and stopped to record his time of death.

Bonnie starts to explain to me the full extent of the miracle. “The way my doctor explained it to me was: ‘It’s amazing that James came back to life and it¹s a miracle that he is doing as well as he is.¹ Because he should have had massive organ failure and then they expected him to be very severely disabled. Then they thought that he would have very severe cerebral palsy. They thought that he would have to be strapped to a wheelchair for the rest of his life, have a feeding tube and probably be blind. They thought that mentally he would not be aware of anything. It was supposed to be pretty grim ­ and that was if he even lived.”

Bonnie was able to bring her baby home after seven weeks in hospital. “As he continued I think they gave us an increasingly better prognosis. So it went from very severely disabled to: ‘OK, so he’s going to have cerebral palsy. We just don¹t know what it will look like.’ But he continued to get better and seemed more and more like a normal baby… I mean, there was always some big question marks for about the first six to 12 months just because he was a baby, so we had to wait for him to hit his milestones to know how complete the miracle was.

“But my husband, and I and family and friends, were all at home interacting with James when he was two and a half months old, when he was five months old, and were sitting there thinking: ‘This kid is normal. He’s like any of our other babies we¹ve seen at this age. This really is a miracle.'”

Well documented, happened in 2010 involving a modern medical facility. Explain that one.

Copied from Catholic Herald but if you Google "sheen miracle" you'll get a buttload of references.

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Didnt HE say something about prayer being effective for a righteous man? Is a man who has no faith righteous?

Is a man so filled with hate and rage righteous?

Did you pray before your issue with your lungs? I bet in between your wheezing you dont proclaim that to be a miracle do ya?

So, people with asthma dont count huh?

Should have known you were a proponent of Hitler. Unfortunately, he wouldnt have considered you genetically or mentally adequate either.

Blacks have a high incidence of asthma. Do you consider them with the same degree of derision? Diabetics? Hypertensives? Sickle cell patients?

Doc,

You need to lay off the booze, or Gus's stash.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
👀

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by DBT
The strongest part being that there is not a single case of a proven miracle to hold up.

“When James was born the midwife scooped him up and put him in my hands. But I noticed that his legs and arms dangled down. He wasn’t moving. He wasn’t breathing. He wasn’t crying, he was kind of a blue colour. So I held him for a second and then my midwife took him and she began CPR.”

It was at this point that Bonnie fell into a state shock. Her friend, who was present at the birth, called an ambulance and her husband calmly performed an emergency baptism. At the moment that Travis traced water on his son¹s forehead and baptised him James Fulton, Bonnie’s friend began to pray for the intercession of the newborn¹s namesake.

By the time the paramedics arrived there was still no pulse. Bonnie spent the 20-minute journey to the hospital in a separate ambulance from her husband and baby, lying alone, unaware if her son was dead or alive.

Five men eventually emerged with tears in their eyes. “They said to him: ‘Your son is alive’ and Travis understood in that moment that what they were really saying was: ‘He’s alive now but just for right now.’ The fact that they were crying meant that he knew that things were really bad

The miraculous breath had come after 61 excruciating minutes. James had breathed again at the moment doctors gave up their efforts and stopped to record his time of death.

Bonnie starts to explain to me the full extent of the miracle. “The way my doctor explained it to me was: ‘It’s amazing that James came back to life and it¹s a miracle that he is doing as well as he is.¹ Because he should have had massive organ failure and then they expected him to be very severely disabled. Then they thought that he would have very severe cerebral palsy. They thought that he would have to be strapped to a wheelchair for the rest of his life, have a feeding tube and probably be blind. They thought that mentally he would not be aware of anything. It was supposed to be pretty grim ­ and that was if he even lived.”

Bonnie was able to bring her baby home after seven weeks in hospital. “As he continued I think they gave us an increasingly better prognosis. So it went from very severely disabled to: ‘OK, so he’s going to have cerebral palsy. We just don¹t know what it will look like.’ But he continued to get better and seemed more and more like a normal baby… I mean, there was always some big question marks for about the first six to 12 months just because he was a baby, so we had to wait for him to hit his milestones to know how complete the miracle was.

“But my husband, and I and family and friends, were all at home interacting with James when he was two and a half months old, when he was five months old, and were sitting there thinking: ‘This kid is normal. He’s like any of our other babies we¹ve seen at this age. This really is a miracle.'”

Well documented, happened in 2010 involving a modern medical facility. Explain that one.

Copied from Catholic Herald but if you Google "sheen miracle" you'll get a buttload of references.

Hmmm,

When I search the medical journals, I don't find any results.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So it required the Pope to give it a seal of approval
as a miracle, so he could move forward with giving
Archbishop Sheen a 'beatification'.

For those who dont know what that is... Its where the Vatican confirms someone has gained entry to
heaven.... so catholics can pray to them to intercede
with God on ones behalf.

The vatican preempting the decision of God concerning ones ultimate fate.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yes there are lots of cases - dolphins defending seals against sharks, as another

Altruism is a man made label for a behaviour that exists in nature, as some sort of handy feature resulting from the evolution process, who knows.

Distinguish from instinctive acts. Go back to ancient Greeks who attempted to explain man's desire for perfect truth, perfect love, perfect justice, perfect beauty, perfect being. These concepts are not available to animals much less the desire to obtain them. Therefore man's ability to desire these virtues seems to come from somewhere other than nature, to transcend nature.

Not at all. It's an entirely natural phenomenon resulting from evolution.

Evolution acts on populations, not individuals. Populations that work together, take care of each other, and display the trait you label "altruism" are more likely to survive than those who don't.

Heck, we even see these traits in rats. If you have two rats of unequal size and you pair them against each other in successive wrestling matches, the larger rat will let the small one win about 1/3 of the time, so the small one will be willing to continue the cycle of play. See it's so simple even a rat can do it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bamagun01
I know God answers prayers. He is still doing miracles also. I’ve seen both in my son and father’s surgeries. To God be the glory!

How many surgeons? How many combined years of medical training and experience? How many dollars worth of equipment at their disposal?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by bamagun01
I know God answers prayers. He is still doing miracles also. I’ve seen both in my son and father’s surgeries. To God be the glory!

How many surgeons? How many combined years of medical training and experience? How many dollars worth of equipment at their disposal?

Yep, HE said we would become to do miracles. PTL.,

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's because there's nobody listening, Wabi. Or as I said above, god is a cruel bastid.

I pray you will repent so that you will never know just how cruel (just) He can be. Let's say I am wrong. No big deal. I die and cease to exist. Lets say you are wrong. You die and live in eternal misery and agony.

Jim

Page 11 of 34 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,946
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.